Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    WoWs combat does not require thought, you just spam 1 button until you can press another button and thats WoWs whole combat system
    Yeah. Nevermind buffs, nevermind rotations, nevermind procs, nevermind burst phases, staying out of fire, coordinating randomly assigned buffs, etc.

if you think that style of combat is even remotely engaging
    Your definition of engaging is probably different than mine? I feel like having to pay attention to abilities constantly because some have cds and some dont, etc. is engaging, but you're just all "hurr durr muscle memory! hurr durr 1 button!"
    NWs world is far more dangerous and you can easily run into more than you can handle.
    No one cares about overworld combat difficulty? I avoid it like the plague in wow. The only context of wow I care about is mythic raiding. Don't do comparisons outside of that. Or maybe MTC. Solo play in wow is generally garbage and faceroll to appeal to the utter shit average wow player.

There is not set rotations in action combat, and abilties that can lock you inplace cant just be used whenever you want, there is far more decisions to make in NW combat than WoW, if you attack too many times in a row in NW you can be hit by the enemy, you have to decide to dodge/block or take the hit, in WoW you just take the hit everytime because it doesnt matter.
    You act like those reactions don't become JUST as second nature as those button press sequences? That's a fucking lie. I can play darksouls and do most bosses blindfold. I know exactly how every fight with every enemy, from the first scrub undead to the final big bad is going to go.

Also, news flash: when it gets to late game, most of those enemies I just soak hits from and out-damage them with... my light attacks. Only bosses get dodge effort.

Action combat is the ability to dodge/block and taking advantage of things like headshots doing more damage, it brings in a little more player skill over tab target combat.
    Again, you're ignoring the fact that pressing abilities in correct sequences with semi-random encounter mechanics, lots of other shit going on is just as demanding OR MORE demanding on attention because you have to make decisions that heavily affect your performance.

The difference in performance between average players and good players is staggering. That won't be the case in new world. It will be mediocre, because all the pvp is big engagement stuff.

Funny to see Kenn is just as disingenuous, hyperbolic and unable to accept any other view point or criticism here as he is in the Star Citizen thread.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I can't seem to get this question answered without being told to "Return to carebear WoW", so I'll try here: WILL this game, or will it not, have forced PVP at higher levels in the world?

Will it be possible to play the PVE world side without ever engaging in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Funny to see Kenn is just as disingenuous, hyperbolic and unable to accept any other view point or criticism here as he is in the Star Citizen thread.
    It is indeed quite entertaining.

That, and seeing once more how people place enough hope in a new game for it to take on the importance of the Second Coming, only to become horrifically disappointed once they realize that yes, this game too won't stay fresh forever and will never be perfect.

Comparing beatsaber to new world combat "complexity" is honestly and insult to beatsaber.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    snip
    WoWs combat is just simple and basic, the action combat model is an evolution and simply just better as it actually gets you involved more, WoW you just stand there and spam buttons and occasionally move and thats it.

In NW the world difficulty does matter because thats most of the game, do you believe like in WoW making the world pointless is a good thing.

Doing a WoW rotation is not demanding at all, its a few buttons and thats it, all the more difficult things like snap shotting was taken out of the game, so its just hit those buttons over and over.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Final warning, drop the WoW vs. NW combat discussion. Keep discussion on NW, there's a whole forum to discuss WoW combat if you're interested in that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I played for some hours yesterday and I can't stand the combat. It's clunky and I hate that I can't cancel animations once started.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post

Will it be possible to play the PVE world side without ever engaging in PVP?
    Yes, you just dont turn pvp on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally had some time to check this out and after a couple hours the thought foremost in my mind is "holy shit, people like this combat?"

Well, to each their own.

Downloading it now; let's see what the fuss is all about.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played in the past Guild wars 2. This looks similar.
    Is it similar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiousity - what was this games' first iteration supposed to be? Any actual videos from it how the gameplay looked like?

Cuz this final version is fucking piss poor.
    It only proves ppl will play anything as long as it's new
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    For people on older hardware to get better graphics i read somewhere that a good way to achieve this is to put settings to medium and just raise your textures to high, so might be worth trying out for those who haven't upgraded an old system yet.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Out of curiousity - what was this games' first iteration supposed to be? Any actual videos from it how the gameplay looked like?

More focused on PVP and faction warfare. Easier to explain if you have played a game with RvR, WvW, or huge open world combat. In combat you could stagger opponents with hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    I've played in the past Guild wars 2. This looks similar.
    Is it similar?
    More ESO than GW2

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Honestly the whole problem of "animation cancelling" for me seems to boil down to animations being, well, kind of crap. New World is overall a beautiful game, some of the best graphics out there, so clunky animations stand out.

In other action games that use a similar scheme, like God of War, there are a lot of very detailed blends between each animations, so if you'd swing your ax and immediately roll away, it looks quite fluid. New World has animations on the level of, I don't know, other generic MMOs for some reason, and the blending between them looks trash. While it's just a visual thing, it's also confusing and makes the "feeling" of combat significantly worse.

But yeah, I dig the game so far. Lots of crafting to be done (which is my jam). Aside of the animations the combat is fun, with lots of combinations to be utilized. I especially love the new player experience, which is leagues better than WoW has, not to mentioned bloated bullshit that FF XIV serves.

Give mounts please, I seriously don't get why they aren't in the game. Is it something that's ready, and they are waiting for a good moment to throw a DLC bone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Honestly the whole problem of "animation cancelling" for me seems to boil down to animations being, well, kind of crap. New World is overall a beautiful game, some of the best graphics out there, so clunky animations stand out.

In other action games that use a similar scheme, like God of War, there are a lot of very detailed blends between each animations, so if you'd swing your ax and immediately roll away, it looks quite fluid. New World has animations on the level of, I don't know, other generic MMOs for some reason, and the blending between them looks trash. While it's just a visual thing, it's also confusing and makes the "feeling" of combat significantly worse.

But yeah, I dig the game so far. Lots of crafting to be done (which is my jam). Aside of the animations the combat is fun, with lots of combinations to be utilized. I especially love the new player experience, which is leagues better than WoW has, not to mentioned bloated bullshit that FF XIV serves.

Give mounts please, I seriously don't get why they aren't in the game. Is it something that's ready, and they are waiting for a good moment to throw a DLC bone?
    Fast travel is probably one of the things that monetized through their resource system.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    So far im liking it, but the gathering side of things im constantly thinking what I'm suppose to gather, if i gather everything i get overloaded so fast i have to drop stuff. I worked on upgrading my tools for faster gathering, i do enjoy the fishing part though lol found some odd stuff, the aggro of monsters is annoying im mining iron and suddenly i hear a wolf i looked around nothing is there then i get jumped on. Im sitting on the fence though to continue on when it goes live.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just played to level 5 in the beta, I went in with low expectations and actually quite enjoyed it. Yes, I only got to level 5, but on purpose. I don't want to spoil any more of it, as I think if I can convince friends to get it we'll probably try it. Optimistic that this could be a fun game to invest time in

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post

I played first closed alpha, told my concerns. Then I checked the current iteration and told it really didn't change much aside from fixing obvious flaws. Dunno whatchu were expecting.

The main difference was that there was no PvE and pvp was mandatory.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    He's made quite a reputation for himself in the shill community I guess. Payrolled by the big boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.