7+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I was able to find hemp easily after finding it the first time
    The issue is that first time. Hell, I looked online and it said "forests"

Oh well. Syndicate forever
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

that's the description from the resources tab on the left side when you open the map i think. after awhile of gathering it'll show up on the compass if you're close enough.
    at least that was my experience during the open beta.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Yes, in the map on the left you can click Resource to have the biome in which a resource can spawn. After that, you can also go in the gathering/crafting tab, and let say you click on gathering, youll have picture of all the resources + the requirement level to gather them. Finally, if you just want to know the spawn directly, you can visit https://www.newworld-map.com/#/ and filters with the resources you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Yes, in the map on the left you can click Resource to have the biome in which a resource can spawn. After that, you can also go in the gathering/crafting tab, and let say you click on gathering, youll have picture of all the resources + the requirement level to gather them. Finally, if you just want to know the spawn directly, you can visit https://www.newworld-map.com/#/ and filters with the resources you are looking for.
    Oh thanks for this!
    2 weeks 2 weeks 2 weeks

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone try playing on the US servers from EU and if so, what was the ping and delay like?

Quote Originally Posted by Ochinko View Post
    Did anyone try playing on the US servers from EU and if so, what was the ping and delay like?
    I checked the EU servers from here during beta and I want to say it was around 250ish.
    This has way more info I found.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam...vers_ping_etc/

Try reading that and maybe using that site they are for ping checks.
    Few people from diff locations all discussing it.

Isn't this the Pocahantas MMO?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for that. Cloudping has me around 100ish apart from Oregon, which is 190ish. Guess I'll just have to check once it goes live.

Getting close!

Been digging in more and the more i do, i realize this is a real mmorpg.

Found this video, a must watch for anyone new, or anyone really, excellent starter vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcxmI6nuN7o
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Getting close!

Been digging in more and the more i do, i realize this is a real mmorpg.

Found this video, a must watch for anyone new, or anyone really, excellent starter vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcxmI6nuN7o
    Pretty useful!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Getting close!
    I know!
    can't wait can't wait can't wait

Also, glad it worked out Ochinko.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I know!
    can't wait can't wait can't wait

Also, glad it worked out Ochinko.
    I'm tempted to pinch myself to make sure i'm not dreaming, i guess years of let downs of mmorpg's that just never get launched i gave up on boarding any hype trains, and looking into it more now... OMG YES!!!! a mmorpg, finally!!! and literally around the corner no forever wait, I'm freaking out i'm so excited, finally we can embark into a new world, which just happens to be called New World.. wait what? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Pretty useful!
    Yeah i'm very impressed with that video as well, it not only pretty much covers every base, it will answer the big questions too, what is New World and is NW a mmorpg for me or not.

After i watched that vid i was so glad i pre-ordered, as when i did, all i knew was that it was a MASSIVE WORLD to explore soo yeah i'm there, now after that vid, I'm all in, this is going to be an awesome ride, fresh, new, crafting, housing, exploring, a MMORPG.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tempted to pinch myself to make sure i'm not dreaming, i guess years of let downs of mmorpg's that just never get launched i gave up on boarding any hype trains, and looking into it more now... OMG YES!!!! a mmorpg, finally!!! and literally around the corner no forever wait, I'm freaking out i'm so excited, finally we can embark into a new world, which just happens to be called New World.. wait what? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i'm very impressed with that video as well, it not only pretty much covers every base, it will answer the big questions too, what is New World and is NW a mmorpg for me or not.

After i watched that vid i was so glad i pre-ordered, as when i did, all i knew was that it was a MASSIVE WORLD to explore soo yeah i'm there, now after that vid, I'm all in, this is going to be an awesome ride, fresh, new, crafting, housing, exploring, a MMORPG.
    u get anything extra from preordering?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    u get anything extra from preordering?
    Pre-purchase now for bonus content:
    Isabella’s amulet
    Equip Isabella’s amulet to gain additional constitution to weather attacks, and deal additional damage against certain types of supernatural enemies.

Unique title
    Proudly display your “Expedition One” title as part of the initial wave of explorers to hit Aeternum’s shores.

Emote
    Greet your fellow adventurers with the Fist Bump emote.

Guild crest set
    Three unique guild crests featuring axes, muskets, and armor.

The deluxe edition grants you some extra stuff if you really want to fork out money:

Woodsman armor skin
    Stand out from the crowd or blend in with the forest with the Woodsman armor skin.

Woodsman hatchet skin
    Complete the Woodsman look with this skin for the versatile hatchet.

Mastiff house pet
    Make your house a home with the Mastiff house pet. Access to housing unlocks at level 15 in-game.

Rock/Paper/Scissors emote set
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, a light-hearted game with friends or a tool for making difficult decisions.

New World digital art book
    A collection of incredible concept art from the making of New World.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I played before there was even an alpha. I played through all alpha and beta builds of the game, I have seen almost every step of this game. There was an early build where world PVP had no toggle but it was only mandatory by lack of the feature, not by design intent. All the stuff the public got to play did not have mandatory PVP.
    This is blatantly false. Not calling you a liar, but you obviously remember incorrectly. You can even source the developers themselves, for instance https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/...new-worlds-pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Anyone have thoughts on what faction they are choosing?
    Was leaning towards the syndicate.
    Will this choice play out heavily once we have the full scale takeover battles in war?
    Wasn't sure if there was the chance of how wow is and being on less populated faction like what happens in WG.
    War battles are going to be crazy fun I think.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    This is blatantly false. Not calling you a liar, but you obviously remember incorrectly. You can even source the developers themselves, for instance https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/...new-worlds-pvp
    What in that blog post refutes what I said?

Open world PVP is not mandatory PVP.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-09-23 at 01:43 AM.

Open world PvP with no toggle is ultimately mandatory PvP whenever you encounter someone intent on engaging you. Also, the game's original focus being on pvp for it's end-game content means that was likely going to be the only way to get your character to full build. Since getting to "full build" is essentially the defacto standard motivation for 99% of players, if PvP is the only activity capable of rewarding you with dat end game loot, it might as well be mandatory.

Not being able to opt out of PvP in a world where members of the opposite faction are constantly everywhere around you, and targeting you, means PvP is mandatory.

You're forced to be an unwilling participant.

How is something like that NOT mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not being able to opt out of PvP in a world where members of the opposite faction are constantly everywhere around you, and targeting you, means PvP is mandatory.

You're forced to be an unwilling participant.

How is something like that NOT mandatory?
    It's not compulsory to participate. Mandatory means you HAVE to do it; in this context required by the game. That was never the case.