Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    A few questions, that may be premature (since the game is not yet launched) for the ones that tried NW, ESO and GW2:
    - could you compare the three in terms of character physics / movement / animations? how do they feel?
    - how important and 'irreversible' are the Faction choices?
    - how required is the pvp?
    - Heavier and slower than the other two. More choppy too.
    - Very important if you care about crafting, marginal otherwise. You can swap factions every 180 days or so, IIRC.
    - Not required. But its a HUGE part of the game. You can just play the game as a crafting/exploration type of game. But the linear PVE portions end at some point in the base game. So like most other MMOs, you will likely be waiting for new linear PVE content after.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As a B2P game you have to generate revenue one way or another - and New World doesn't have that model implemented yet, which I tried to explain. As a B2P game you need something to generate cash, e.g. your shop. Then you can decide between being P2W or not. ESO has a heavily monetized shop (which relies on lootboxes, but is not P2W), GW2 has a very fair cash shop overall - and both offer you stuff you want / think you need (mounts, good looking skins, houses etc.) - New World is lacking that. Mounts are not in game and skins are pointless because you look not good anyway. So, how are they going to support the game in the future? Good question.
    Neither ESO or GW2 had much of a cash shop (or at all?) when they launched. Now there are like gazillion things on them.

I'm pretty sure Amazon will start adding stuff to the store constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

snip
    You are really putting in a ton of effort to talk shit about a game, at the end of the day it doesnt matter what you think, all that matters is the players playing it and enjoying it because there is more than enough players that will enjoy the game. Some will hate it some will love it, its the same with every single game in existance.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You are really putting in a ton of effort to talk shit about a game, at the end of the day it doesnt matter what you think, all that matters is the players playing it and enjoying it because there is more than enough players that will enjoy the game. Some will hate it some will love it, its the same with every single game in existance.
    I'm just trying to enlighten those who are insecure about the game and are looking for information. What I see is a lot of disinformation from players that only played the very short beta events and brush away the experience of those who have alpha access for 1.5 years now.

Everybody can try the game, that's for sure. I'm just saying how it is, even if many don't want to hear it, because it doesn't fulfill their "new MMORPG messiah" idea for New World.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Neither ESO or GW2 had much of a cash shop (or at all?) when they launched. Now there are like gazillion things on them.

I'm pretty sure Amazon will start adding stuff to the store constantly.
    ESO was a sub based game and turned into B2P later on. Their cash shop was heavily monetized from the beginning, but never P2W. Guild Wars 2 from the beginning had a really fair cash shop which had a clear structure. New World has neither of that, they are not even sure what the cash shop is going to contain or not (as we've seen with the boosters some months ago). Amazon has no clue on how to develop or run this game. That's just another signal for their incompetence on how to run an MMORPG.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-09-26 at 06:17 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I'm just trying to enlighten those who are insecure about the game and are looking for information. What I see is a lot of disinformation from players that only played the very short beta events and brush away the experience of those who have alpha access for 1.5 years now.

Everybody can try the game, that's for sure. I'm just saying how it is, even if many don't want to hear it, because it doesn't fulfill their "new MMORPG messiah" idea for New World.

- - - Updated - - -

ESO was a sub based game and turned into B2P later on. Their cash shop was heavily monetized from the beginning, but never P2W. Guild Wars 2 from the beginning had a really fair cash shop which had a clear structure. New World has neither of that, they are not even sure what the cash shop is going to contain or not (as we've seen with the boosters some months ago). Amazon has no clue on how to develop or run this game. That's just another signal for their incompetence on how to run an MMORPG.
    How did games make money before mtx and subs were a thing? Looking back at games like D3, GTA, Minecraft, or games like the Final Fantasy series? Based on your mental gymnastics, the developers have no idea what they are doing because they obviously must lose money, right?

"This game has no hats that I like therefore it will die." At least you "enlighten" us.

People dont need to be enlightened they can figure it out for themselves, you are just trying way too hard to call a game shit for your own reasons, until you have played the whole game to max level and done all the content the game has to offer, your opinion on the game itself means nothing. Also there wont be many players at all claiming NW is the messiah of MMOs.

There are not many MMOs that launched in what i would say ideal state, all games need continous work and improvements, New World is infact a pretty decent game so it will have more than enough of a playerbase to keep it going. SWTOR barely adds in more content and that does just fine. Same you could say with WoW it doesnt have lasting content.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-26 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    How did games make money before mtx and subs were a thing? Looking back at games like D3, GTA, Minecraft, or games like the Final Fantasy series? Based on your mental gymnastics, the developers have no idea what they are doing because they obviously must lose money, right?

"This game has no hats that I like therefore it will die." At least you "enlighten" us.
    well for starters the forced physical media was really expensive at the time, which is where most of the cost went to for the rrp of games, you then had the cost of production being significantly lower than it is today as 'back in my day' games didn't have grandiose scores composed for them, didn't have all the bells and whistles that 'modern games' currently do, that being said, the bullshit reasoning for why the whole 'MTX' meta needs to exist is just greed at the end of the day and you can thank horse armour for opening that floodgate.

15+ Year Old Account
    New World has neither of that, they are not even sure what the cash shop is going to contain or not (as we've seen with the boosters some months ago). Amazon has no clue on how to develop or run this game. That's just another signal for their incompetence on how to run an MMORPG.
    I'm willing to bet that Amazon​ is going to figure out a way to sell shit to people via an online shop.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    well for starters the forced physical media was really expensive at the time, which is where most of the cost went to for the rrp of games, you then had the cost of production being significantly lower than it is today as 'back in my day' games didn't have grandiose scores composed for them, didn't have all the bells and whistles that 'modern games' currently do, that being said, the bullshit reasoning for why the whole 'MTX' meta needs to exist is just greed at the end of the day and you can thank horse armour for opening that floodgate.
    For a live service game subs or MTX are essential its not about greed, its only about greed while the system WoW employs with an essential sub and a shop, games like Guild Wars 2, SWTOR would not survive without a constant influx of cash, most of the time a company is lucky to break even on sales of the game alone from what they spent on development.

I'm just saying how it is, even if many don't want to hear it
    But you aren't.
    It's your opinion.
    Some of us don't agree at all.
    What Kenn said is right.
    His last line summed it all up.
    Obviously you hate it and that's fine but to pretend it's anything other than that is folly.
    Nothing you have said has swayed me and it doesn't look like it's swayed anyone else that wants to have fun in New World.
    Also, I haven't seen anyone claiming it's the messiah.
    So stop acting like you are doing people favors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Amazon​ is going to figure out a way to sell shit to people via an online shop.
    Amazon owns the best platform to push their game. Prepare for incentives that streamers can't say no, "drops" and 'ads" constantly in your face when the game needs money.

I remember during the last closed beta how some streamers were exhausted by the game but the money from it ewd too much to pass up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Amazon owns the best platform to push their game. Prepare for incentives that streamers can't say no, "drops" and 'ads" constantly in your face when the game needs money.

I remember during the last closed beta how some streamers were exhausted by the game but the money from it ewd too much to pass up.
    That's already the case, one WoW streamer (Zmok) has ten New World keys to give at launch. I fully trust Amazon to make a profit off this game, whatever the method is, and fully expect them to "force" some big WoW streamers to stream New World.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-09-26 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yeah, all those Amazon Prime "exclusive drops" are plaguing a lot of games on the market. No chance there isn't anything like that in an Amazon game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudenoso View Post
    After reading a couple of pages of this thread, I must ask: are you a troll? Or maybe you got some sort of cognitive issues?

Which part of "X will randomly engage with me and if I don't like it I can just die" screams 'optional' content? It's like stretching the concept to the extreme boundary of what would be used by anyone sane and calling it a technical win.

It has some parallels to saying that violence is optional in the real world while there are pacifists who never threw a punch getting killed. If there are big enough consequences for something regardless of your choices, it is not optional unless you stretch the meaning of 'optional' in such a way that everything in the universe is optional.
    pvp is toggled off and on at a major city. You can play farm and everything without turning on pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    wasnt NW supposed to be predownloadable at this time? still isnt to me

- - - Updated - - -

8AM CEST EU Servers will launch (9/27 at 11pm PT

its 12am wtf
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    wasnt NW supposed to be predownloadable at this time? still isnt to me

- - - Updated - - -

8AM CEST EU Servers will launch (9/27 at 11pm PT

its 12am wtf
    No.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuggg.

ok.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Imagine being lowlife enough to not have infinite free time lmao, ya'll going to be far back in my dust clouds anyway so give up any hopes for "rushing" things, there's no point, you can't compete with someone like me who got nothing but fat blunts and time.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Imagine being lowlife enough to not have infinite free time lmao, ya'll going to be far back in my dust clouds anyway so give up any hopes for "rushing" things, there's no point, you can't compete with someone like me who got nothing but fat blunts and time.
    I just team up with the chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I just team up with the chinese.
    Jokes on you i am the chinese.