Yeah im not saying have one megaserver, I am just not sure how they are gonna prevent having a lot of dead servers in a few weeks. Its a game thats supposed to be supported in the future so that seems like something to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    I know, I’m getting goosebumps just thinking of what they are going to do with this game. It’s absolutely amazing.

I’m disappointed FF14 and WoW didn’t drop new content to compete. Could you imagine if Blizz dropped a new 4 boss raid today with Mythic open right away? Would have forced those World First raiders to choose or if FF14 dropped a new prologue series for Endwalker.

Missed opportunity..
    Aside from not being able to conjure content out of thin air, There is no way WoW or FF14 is even remotely bothered by what New World is doing, yes its hyped up. Like every MMO released in the last god knows how many years has been, but there is nothing supporting that hype and nothing to keep players hooked.
    Its going to be a ghost town in less then a month, maybe 2.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

More simple gameplay is what players are hungry for right now. Games like ESO/FF14/WoW are bloated with systems. We just want a game where we put on a weapon and PVP/PvE. That is the niche New World fills!
    Simple gameplay != simple systems != simple gearing/character build choices. Those are all separate things.

I prefer games that have simple gearing/build choices, but complex and fastpaced gameplay that necessitates muscle memory and reactions.

Simple gameplay need not apply. Simple is easy, easy is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysphan129 View Post
    Yeah im not saying have one megaserver, I am just not sure how they are gonna prevent having a lot of dead servers in a few weeks. Its a game thats supposed to be supported in the future so that seems like something to watch
    They already tested the merging of Servers in the Alpha. This is why we have global names. Once the initial hype is gone they just gonna merge Servers - everyone keeps his company/names and is now again on a healthy Server.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...what I see on steam atm is that, almost constant drop in positive reviewvs...in a couple of hours, from 50% to 45% atm, which seems really low and is not good sign...any idea why so low positive reviews???

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ...what I see on steam atm is that, almost constant drop in positive reviewvs...in a couple of hours, from 50% to 45% atm, which seems really low and is not good sign...any idea why so low positive reviews???
    Yes, queues.

Wildstar will kill New World.

So, is the game any fun? Combat spesifically? And is Colin Farrell in it?

Because people can't seem to help overhyping things. They're also wilfully ignorant about the fact that every massive online game has the potential and tendency to struggle with servers for the first week or two of launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysphan129 View Post
    I am just not sure how they are gonna prevent having a lot of dead servers in a few weeks
    They clustered servers together into groups, so if server populations drop they'll be merged with others in the same group. Nice touch, but server mergers post-launch are pretty basic for MMO's.

- - - Updated - - -

Same reason every online game/MMO has shit reviews at launch: Folks can't get in and they get salty. Steam user reviews, like most user reviews, aren't really worth a lot, especially at the start.

Just watched some dude on Twitch falling into water, just for his character to ... walk at the bottom of the river. For a good 20-30 seconds at which point he drowned.

I swear, a 2021 game made by a multibillion dollar company, with water but no swimming animations is gold

Anyone knows a correct stream with a bit of action ? I've watched 4-5 but only people wandering here and there. I guess people are all focused on progressing and don't care about engaging with anything/anyone (neither PvP or Mobs), but I don't know how on earth there can be so many viewers for that

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Same reason every online game/MMO has shit reviews at launch: Folks can't get in and they get salty. Steam user reviews, like most user reviews, aren't really worth a lot, especially at the start.
    WHAT?!?!

A MMO launch didn't go perfect?!? I have never heard of such a thing!

I am outraged! Its a scandal!

I'm writing a letter to my senator!

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Just watched some dude on Twitch falling into water, just for his character to ... walk at the bottom of the river. For a good 20-30 seconds at which point he drowned.
    Love
    I swear, a 2021 game made by a multibillion dollar company, with water but no swimming animations is gold

Anyone knows a correct stream with a bit of action ? I've watched 4-5 but only people wandering here and there. I guess people are all focused on progressing and don't care about engaging with anything/anyone (neither PvP or Mobs), but I don't know how on earth there can be so many viewers for that
    People will watch anything. When FF14 was sponsoring streamers I watched a few and was bored within a minute. Most were just reading quest text out loud.

I was like “How are people watching this?”

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

Twitch drops + key giveaways.

A lot of viewers are not there to 'engage' with the streamer or the content. They are just there hoping for free stuff.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    The hype around this certainly piqued my interest.
    From what i see on twitch tho, its mostly just a lot of running around.

It's salty people being mad that they can't log in.
    Literally.
    Every single bad review is just screeching about being stuck in a queue.

It's quite funny really, how many more times are we gonna have to screech about shitty launch days before people will finally get that playing an MMO (or most online games) on launch day is a pretty shitty idea?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-09-28 at 07:28 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    People will watch anything. When FF14 was sponsoring streamers I watched a few and was bored within a minute. Most were just reading quest text out loud.

I was like “How are people watching this?”
    People reading quest text in a story based MMO? Egads! The ones reading it out loud are actually doing a far better service than just staying quiet. You have to do the whole MSQ anyways unless you boost past it.

so is this albion online with 3rd person view?

omg Google has picked up on it as most searched topics world wide, that's a big deal out doing 19 searches, this is turning huge!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

10+ Year Old Account
    bah, waited in queue, joined, played 5 minutes, internet DC logged back on a minute later and now back to 1000 in queue....

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    omg Google has picked up on it as most searched topics world wide, that's a big deal out doing 19 searches, this is turning huge!
    yeah

amazon even paid you to fake hype on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    bah, waited in queue, joined, played 5 minutes, internet DC logged back on a minute later and now back to 1000 in queue....
    That is the pure definition of Brutal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    yeah

amazon even paid you to fake hype on this forum
    Please Do Not Feed the Trolls

Feeding trolls in your favorite forum may seem harmless but doing so can have serious effects for both the troll and the normal rational poster.

Adult conversations are not made for trolls. It can cause rabid confusion, foul mouth, enrage the troll and may cause it to spew death threats.

Continued feeding of trolls can make it dependent on your forum as a reliable source of attention and it may become unable to survive on it's own and less likely to F-off and go elsewhere.

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day