10+ Year Old Account
    do u get RESTED xp by staying specifically in inns, towns, or just anywhere even when logged off in the wilds?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I don't wanna start over.. If they could at least give us free transfers to newly created realms. :/
    I THINK Amazon said they have opend up for one free character transfer from one server to another. I think it lasts from now and 14 days. Dont qoute me on it, check it out first.

It was done so people could play on lower pop servers and change over later.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I THINK Amazon said they have opend up for one free character transfer from one server to another. I think it lasts from now and 14 days. Dont qoute me on it, check it out first.

It was done so people could play on lower pop servers and change over later.
    Yeah, but at the point of the tweet, I already played 8 hours. Also the Servers available at that time now all have a 2k+ queues, too.

EU now has a new player peak higher than yesterday based on https://newworldstatus.com/ - It's getting worse.

Every time I come to these forums when a new MMO releases people doom it from the start. Because people dont want the same shit but actually they do want the same shit.
    New World releases with a focus on crafting, open world, slow traversing, more of a live virtual sandbox.
    WAAAH WAAAH why cant I teleport everywhere instantly? Why cant I mount for 200% movement speed? Oh this thing takes T I M E? OOOOF terrible game.
    I am rewarded more for playing risky and participating in PvP but I m actually not forced to do that and can choose a more convenient but slower route? Heavens forbid.
    There are so many MMOs out there that fill all those needs and when one comes out that sort of breaks from this mold everyone slams it to the ground.
    Its a fine game. The gaming market has evolved. You dont need to play it 24/7 and mono-gaming is sort of dead with the amount of information that is available these days.
    You have to accept that no matter how much content devs throw at you, if you mono-game an MMO you will eventually run out of things to do.
    Enjoy it for what it is because its a fun and chill experience so far that you do not have to rush through.

Looks like the hype for New World is dying already. Woke up to watch Preach and he was back playing FF14; that didn’t take long!

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Looks like the hype for New World is dying already. Woke up to watch Preach and he was back playing FF14; that didn’t take long!
    I'd assume he was doing a sponsored stream yesterday?
    Sponsored to play a game is not the same as hype.

As plenty of other AAA games, Amazon simply bought a ton of exposure.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If running from place A to B is your only way to keep players "engaged" then your content sucks ass.
    There are plenty of teleport spots in the game; every zone has one town and at least 1 teleport shrine, you just need to discover them. Once discovered, you can teleport between shrines and cities whenever you want. You can also bind to a city and use you "hearthstone" with a certain cooldown. You can also own a house which you give you an extra "hearthstone", I'm guessing on a cooldown. So you see, there are plenty of options without mounts.

Guild Wars 1 has no mounts, you couldn't even jump in it and it's still one on the best MMOs ever made. It depends what you are looking for in a game... if you want everything to be fast, NW might not be the game for you. You can't please everyone's tastes and it's ok, you shouldn't even try because it's pretty much impossible.

@Delever, I completely agree with you. As someone who usually has only a couple of hours a day time for playing games, NW suits me and what I want from an MMO. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this situation.

Nice! Off he goes back to the catgirls... that can only ease on the queues to get into NW. It would be nice if all the streamers do the same. The game doesn't need the toxicity that comes from their followers.
    Last edited by Pretorian; 2021-09-29 at 12:10 PM.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

if you are going to base your statement wether NW is dying or not when it comes to streamers, you shouldnt pick preach. he is a cool guy, but he dont have ALOT of viewers on twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    There are plenty of teleport spots in the game; every zone has one town and at least 1 teleport shrine, you just need to discover them. Once discovered, you can teleport between shrines and cities whenever you want. You can also bind to a city and use you "hearthstone" with a certain cooldown. You can also own a house which you give you an extra "hearthstone", I'm guessing on a cooldown. So you see, there are plenty of options without mounts.

Guild Wars 1 has no mounts, you couldn't even jump in it and it's still one on the best MMOs ever made. It depends what you are looking for in a game... if you want everything to be fast, NW might not be the game for you. You can't please everyone's tastes and it's ok, you shouldn't even try because it's pretty much impossible.

@Delever, I completely agree with you. As someone who usually has only a couple of hours a day time for playing games, NW suits me and what I want from an MMO. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this situation.

Nice! Off he goes back to the catgirls... that can only ease on the queues to get into NW. It would be nice if all the streamers do the same. The game doesn't need the toxicity that comes from their followers.
    I basically have 2-3 hours a day to play at best and thats if I dont have to devote time after work to my project (PhD life yaaaaay /s). I currently have time to devote to either exclusively one game or split between games that respect my time or do not require insane commitment. Currently I was only playing FFXIV and genshin impact. I will continue to play both and just add new world to the mix. I consider XIV and NW to be games that respect my time and that I dont need to spend a shit ton of time every day to keep up on either. They also allow me to take breaks and play some single player games without feeling like I m falling further and further behind every day. So in that sense they are fine.
    And for once I really enjoy having to traverse the world again in an MMO. Even on foot. Mounts will eventually come I have no doubt (sincerely hope flying never does though for this game) and they will be a nice addition but for now walking is perfectly fine and enjoyable. Its not like I m walking from point A to point B aimlessly. There are plenty of things worth stopping for in between like picking some wood or some ores or hunting some animals for skin and cooking mats and thats kinda nice and relaxing.
    MMOs were always meant to be about that. Immersing yourself in an online world and kinda doing your own thing. And while XIV is my favorite MMO and will probably remain for the foreseeable future seeing as it has kept me since ARR, new world gives me a nice relaxing feel of being in literally "a new world" (yea cringe I know), exploring and kinda settling in.
    I d advise everyone to stop seeing games as second jobs and try to have some relaxing fun. Everyday life, jobs and commitments are already stressful enough these days. Chopping some wood and relaxing at a campfire in a game before going to bed is a welcome relaxation.

Is there any way to test the game without paying?

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Is there any way to test the game without paying?
    You can't even test it with paying. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    seriously dude, take a chill pill. You posts recently have come off as a neurotic child having its first sugar high.

its ok to like a game without having to shout it off of the rooftops every change you get.
    I can read the sign so i'm not going to feed the trolls sry my dude you'll have to go elsewhere for attention
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post

I simply won't get fooled by games that try to hide the lack of content with lengthy "journeys". It's not exploration game like even Satisfactory where in order to progress advancement you have to explore and find new resource nodes. Its a simple grind combined with shopping list.

What point is to even explore? If you think about instead of telling no-arguments like "its not for everyone" you will realize how shallow it is. The only thing in NW that actually has some value is furniture.

Trying to compared it to ancient games is also nonsense. Times changed. Funny thing is XIV does this aspect better.

I am not saying NW is bad, I am saying its mediocre in those aspects (travel and crafting).
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Very. I don’t think I’ve seen an MMO get this hyped in recent memory. This is HUGE!
    It has to be well over a decade since the last big triple A mmorpg came along i'm sure. Played the chit outta this last night omg this is so good too!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not gonna lie, I chuckled at this...

- - - Updated - - -

The post you're replying to is in no way someone trolling
    Sry same dude you'll have to elsewhere for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What...

Did my post need some NW praise in it for you to take it as a real post or something? The post you replied to, nor my own, were trolling.

What is wrong with you?
    OMG dude!!! READ!

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls

Feeding trolls in your favorite forum may seem harmless but doing so can have serious effects for both the troll and the normal rational poster.

Adult conversations are not made for trolls. It can cause rabid confusion, foul mouth, enrage the troll and may cause it to spew death threats.

Continued feeding of trolls can make it dependent on your forum as a reliable source of attention and it may become unable to survive on it's own and less likely to F-off and go elsewhere.

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls!

So last bit of attention you get from me.

Yeah I'm reading a huge portion of players haven't even been able to play yet, wtf?

I logged in the moment it launched and never logged out till i was done late af that night, or early morning really lol. Buddy that turned me on to Valheim could not log in, well played Valhiem cause he wasn't going to wait out a 4000+ queue.

It's worth the wait just hand in there, i'm sure i'll be in the queue tonight. No crashes, smooth, stable, tons of peeps around, loved being out hunting in the forest and all of sudden a tree drops right in front of me that someone just chopped down, the game is so immersive! and to think, this is just the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it will be a ghost town half a year down the road, but for what's it worth it's ok for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will be a ghost town half a year down the road, but for what's it worth it's ok for the price.
    Doubt it, they should have several content patches planned over the next 3 months. Those should open up the first 3 or more raids and half a dozen dungeons; also adding more pvp content. Game will begin to rival FF14 in popularity soon.
    Last edited by Veya30; 2021-09-29 at 02:03 PM.

Jesus why are people condemning the game so much? Its as if they are actively trying to make it a ghost-town or hope that it becomes one which is very bizarre to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it, they have several content patches planned over the next 3 months. Those should open up the first 3 or more raids and half a dozen dungeons; also adding more pvp content. Game will begin to rival FF14 in popularity soon.
    This however is the other side of things where people also overexaggerate and hype the shit out of it. Rivaling XIV is a very hot take atm and I doubt it will.
    What new world needs is to find a core audience and build from there. And I have good hopes for that.
    Despite everyone here thinking XIV is the new FOTM that just recently sparked in popularity because of streamers, the game was doing fantastically well and growing even before and they way it did that is by establishing a core audience and finding an identity to stick to.
    Should new world follow a similar trajectory I think it will succeed. And it wont need millions of players to do this. XIV was doing just as find when it had a couple hundread thousand of players in ARR as it did when it reached the early millions in SB and ShB.