After playing all weekend where i was able to just disappear into the world, I'm in love!!! this is an mmorpg, finally!!!

Reading above Poopsnacker, that's your fault, if you want to bum rush games to cap and then go on forums and cry about it is 100% your problem.

I easily dumped around 30 hours this weekend, a total of 50+ according to steam and i'm only level 24, i'm testing out new weps, builds, harvesting, crafting, exploring, even my excessive playing by the time i start to cap out will be in close proximity to new (whatever), meaning the average normal player has nothing to worry about for quite sometime.

My one buddy who is hamming this game pretty hard is only 32 ffs. You bum rushed the game, that's what you do, and your situation is completely irrelevant to a normal player as they won't be in that boat for a very long time to come. So grats my dude!!! you won the game now you can go ruin another one for yourself.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. It has potential to grow into a very stable MMORPG, but like others have said, it entirely depends on how consistent and quick Amazon are with pushing out updates and improvements that the game is sorely lacking. For example, more PvE and better questing, transmog (basically non-existent besides a few cash shop skins and twitch drops), character customization (very limited) swimming, queue times, etc. The character customization and transmog is especially important to me, as even MMOs from the mid-2000s are vastly better in this department compared to New World.

I don't understand the argument for "roll on a low-pop server if you don't want to wait in queues". One of my friends did this a few days ago. As of last night, that server is no longer low pop and there is a standard queue like the rest. Are we just supposed to keep re-rolling and throw away any progression we made on previous characters? Doesn't seem like a valid solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    You are right. Does it change the fact what I complaining about, that the game offers barely anything when you are finally 60? No, it does not.
    I simply said, in the end this game is terrible for hardcore gamers and once the casuals reach 60 it's game over, too.

AMazon has to deliver content to keep this alive for the masses on a long time. One week in and you reached the half, means you will likely be 60 next week, too. THat's not a long time if you ask me where you do not care for the endcontent. And an MMORPG without endcontent is not a good MMORPG anymore as you dont alt in this game.
    It's a budget RPG game so far.

And TBH, someone 'hammering' the game and only being at 32 now is not hammering the game. Maybe he is farming herbs 24/7, heartfelt condolences for that.

I am happy for you that you still have fun, but can you people that have not played the content so far stop trying to discuss about it, because you may believe shit developers are saying? One hell of annoying people that are the first that leave the sinking ship silently at the end. AS ALWAYS. Instead of showing the developers what is weak and telling them what to do you will be gone very fast.
    Yeah he is doing everything, crafting, exploring... he's enjoying the game to the fullest, like any mmorpg player would.

So effectively what you're saying is you skipped the meat of the game, you skipped a colossal massive gargantuan amount of content, to bum rush cap, no wonder you're complaining, YOU SKIPPED PLAYING THE GAME FFS man, and then come here and QQ about it, omg brother, obviously this game isn't for you. Later Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Yeah he is doing everything, crafting, exploring... he's enjoying the game to the fullest, like any mmorpg player would.

So effectively what you're saying is you skipped the meat of the game, you skipped a colossal massive gargantuan amount of content, to bum rush cap, no wonder you're complaining, YOU SKIPPED PLAYING THE GAME FFS man, and then come here and QQ about it, omg brother, obviously this game isn't for you. Later Dude!
    Listen. Some people only want to do the juiciest parts of a game and forgo all the bitchwork or menial tasks. Poop probably did all the nice big dungeons, all the big main quests, etc. The other stuff is not "the game." It's just part of it. A part that many people simply do not like.

They're right, as well. Amazon will have to continuously pump out content if it wants to sate the PVE player base, same way wow has to. Same way any PVE game has to. And any game that DOESN'T have a healthy amount of PVE content eventually dies, because most players are PVE.

I had to do the same stuff you do to level 100%, maybe more expeditions. How would I skip the game? I just had more time. Does not change the fact, that the biggest part was moving from A to B and more grindy stuff at least when you are around 40+.
    But hey, it's cool that you still have fun. As I said, enjoy it. Once you are 60 you will see, the game has barely anything left. And people will not play an MMORPG if they can't do something that progresses their character efficiently, especially in a game where you are not even alting at all.
    If you deny that you are simply not fast enough in your upper body.

Amazon has to deliver. I don't care what slow guys like you say or think, as you will notice it soon, too.
    I fucking hate tryhard fanboys. The worst shit everywhere, not only in gaming.
    I agree with you about the end game issues. But I don't think the basic game design was aimed at getting to end game to unlock the full game, like wow is. Pretty sure you are meant to hang around zones, max professions for that area, do zone invasions and portals, etc which will keep you for leveling really fast.

Just my observations of the game, there isn't a reason to rush leveling as all the zones offer interesting content.

Poopsnacker, BeepBoo, guys! Not every game is made for you, it's ok, go play fortnite or whatever sounds more to your liking becasue if you guys feel that integral features such as crafting as beepboo so eloquently put it "bitchwork or menial tasks", then this game is 100% not for you guys.

I'm confident Amazon has years and years already planned ahead, and judging by the high quality of this game at launch, and now that the train has left the station, they know what they're doing, you guys worry too much, a very small amount of the player base are in Poopsnacker shoes.

Now that i have my major binge out of the way and back to normal life i'll be lucky if i'm 60 by xmas with the overwhelming amount of content to do, for an mmorpg player that is, a bum rush fornite player not so much as proven already.

I'm sure you got way more than your $40 worth out of it, no sub, come back when there is more available, for now play other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I agree with you about the end game issues. But I don't think the basic game design was aimed at getting to end game to unlock the full game, like wow is. Pretty sure you are meant to hang around zones, max professions for that area, do zone invasions and portals, etc which will keep you for leveling really fast.

Just my observations of the game, there isn't a reason to rush leveling as all the zones offer interesting content.
    Wow babies won't get it.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-10-04 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "You can kill the same enemies in these elite areas over and over, so the PvE endgame is basically endless" is one heck of a cope.
    Works with WoW and m+

With every post more you just prove you are noth worth listen too.

But one small note: You do realise that the whole content they delivered for the endgame and PvE part was created in 1,5 half years. 1,5 year and they barely created anything. That is a big red warning light.
    But whatever, Have fun! I bet we won't see you in this game anymore when you are once 60. You are the trash that finally kills games like this. You are btw the audience for Fortnite, that game was designed for casual gamers, too xD
    But as you have to bash other video games you just have proven you just want to enforce an already failing video game because of something like pure hate I guess? Your life must be miserable. Maybe you should play more video games like I do xD
    ***Please Do Not Feed the Trolls***

Feeding trolls in your favorite forum may seem harmless but doing so can have serious effects for both the troll and the normal rational poster.

Adult conversations are not made for trolls. It can cause rabid confusion, foul mouth, enrage the troll and may cause it to spew death threats.

Continued feeding of trolls can make it dependent on your forum as a reliable source of attention and it may become unable to survive on its own and less likely to F-off and go elsewhere.

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls!

But one small note: You do realise that the whole content they delivered for the endgame and PvE part was created in 1,5 half years. 1,5 year and they barely created anything. That is a big red warning light.
    I don't agree with the other poster, but this part right here I feel the opposite. They did make a ton of change in the past year. Its not perfect, but they started from far away and it's going in the right direction, and to me it proves they can craft content at a good pace. This is honestly the first time I ever read someone saying this about this past year of development

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, few games have mandatory PVP. Relatively speaking.
    If we're talking games where you can get killed by an enemy player at any time for any reason with or without flagging and saying that PvP is not mandatory in those situations then I think we're kidding ourselves a bit.

And when will those expeditions and larger scale PvE dungeons come? As I said in my last post, I am 60 now and so far endgame is absolutely terrible.
    I will definetly stop playing until they deliver some real content, the crafting as endgame is not good, not even for casuals, believe me...
    You no-lifed the game and got max lvl in 5 days... what do you expect?! At the rate you are playing, no MMORPG can satisfy your needs. Imagine the game is twice as big as it is now but it still takes you only 10 days to reach max lvl and start complaining you have nothing to do because crafting and PVP which are 2 of the biggest parts of the game, do not interest you.
    Press K, click on Trade Skills and take a screenshot; show me what your gathering and crafting is. I would also love to see how you decorated your house.

I played a lot since the game came out and I'm only lvl 34; did a bit of everything. This game has been designed so you alternate questing with gathering, crafting, PVP, dungeons, housing, faction rep farming, levelling different weapons and probably other stuff which I haven't got into yet.

Visually, for an MMORPG, it's absolutely stunning. I play on High details in 2K and the sunrays through the trees over a green misty swamp, especially in the sunset, is amazing, best graphics I've seen in a multiplayer game.

It's obvious to me that they have put a lot of thought and time into what they have done so far. It's not perfect, there are bugs needing to be fixed but the server/world stability is exceptional once you are logged in.
    PvE-wise, there might not be a lot of end game content at the moment but that's the easy part in my books, they can add that as we go, as long as the foundations are rock solid, new dungeons and raids can be created and implemented; it can only grow from here.

Honestly mate... you are skipping a huge chunk of the game and for what? You can't expect endless content on day one, it's absurd... I hope you realise that.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

So how are you all finding the game? I'm a Twitch Prime member, with the game's first content bundle off it which I can't claim without an account... was tempted to buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    Visually, for an MMORPG, it's absolutely stunning. I play on High details in 2K and the sunrays through the trees over a green misty swamp, especially in the sunset, is amazing, best graphics I've seen in a multiplayer game.
    I agree with everything you said but this especially.
    I happened to be running towards sunset through trees near the water and I couldn't believe how nice it all looked.
    That golden glow and rays through the trees and the way the water looked was fucking amazing.
    The fish you'll pull up in the sunlight and stuff are all so well done.

But regarding the rest.
    In classic we'd hangout for hours doing nothing because it was just fun to be in the world.
    Going to Duskwood to fuck around and pvp and literally do nothing etc.
    This world has the same potential if you like being there already.
    The game is what you make of it in that sense.
    For me it was the people I was with and just having fun.
    Hanging out FOR HOURS on the boats to gank.
    FUCKING HOURS.
    They weren't feeding us pve content like you guys want.
    That wasn't content at all.
    It was player made fun.
    Can't have a game have fulltime job hours of gameplay every week of the year.
    It's not feasible and it never will be.

Update:
    Buy it Daedius, I think it's worth the 40 and it's fun.
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-10-04 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I agree with everything you said but this especially.
    I happened to be running towards sunset through trees near the water and I couldn't believe how nice it all looked.
    That golden glow and rays through the trees and the way the water looked was fucking amazing.
    The fish you'll pull up in the sunlight and stuff are all so well done.

But regarding the rest.
    In classic we'd hangout for hours doing nothing because it was just fun to be in the world.
    Going to Duskwood to fuck around and pvp and literally do nothing etc.
    This world has the same potential if you like being there already.
    The game is what you make of it in that sense.
    For me it was the people I was with and just having fun.
    Hanging out FOR HOURS on the boats to gank.
    FUCKING HOURS.
    They weren't feeding us pve content like you guys want.
    That wasn't content at all.
    It was player made fun.
    Can't have a game have fulltime job hours of gameplay every week of the year.
    It's not feasible and it never will be.

Update:
    ganking for hours = playermade fun. I always wondered who those simpletons are who enjoy activities like that...

The things people expect from MMOs is so unhealthy. Some of you guys are looking for a game that will take up every minute of the day that isn't spent on work. If you're using your MMORPG addiction to provide your purpose in life, the problem is you, not game developers. An MMO isn't bad just because it doesn't have a lifetime of endgame content after you burn through the leveling experience because you have no self-control or anything else to do in life.

If you are looking for a game with infinite content, just please get yourself addicted to a MOBA or battle royale, or literally any game where the content is just playing matches against other players. Because if you're looking for infinite content in an MMO setting, then just go outside and live a real life, because that's what life is.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

A couple of other things...

I'm not a big PvP-er but I like to try new things...
    I joined a company right before the launch, mostly old casual gamers... we donated whatever gold we made and bought a territory on the first day, in the evening.
    Since then, we constantly had to run groups doing pvp quests in the world so we can either lower the influence gained from the opposing faction planning to take our city, build up the influence so we pressure another territory owned by another faction or just help fellow faction from another company defend their territories against opposing factions... it's a bloody handful! And it feels weirdly entertaining! This is where organization and having someone calling the shots well pays off. Discord is pretty much a must.
    Now we have an invasion happening tonight (PvE) and a war declared on us which we will have to defend our city from being taken over by another faction, which will probably happen tomorrow night. We don't want to lose all the progress and the money we have invested in levelling our crafting stations.
    Almost all the zones on the map are now thrown into conflict, with upcoming wars, even 3-4 of them happening closely together, some even overlapping so you have to choose between acquiring a new zone or keeping your current one, 'cause you don't have the manpower to do them both at the same time.

And in between all of that, you have to level up as well so you have to quest, PvE, gather & craft as you need better gear etc. It's quite amazing.

All settlements start with being a Hamlet, looking scruffy with hay everywhere, walls made out of wooden spikes etc.
    You can upgrade it to another 4 levels which are Village, Town, City, Capitol and each one changes the overall appearance of everything that's in that settlement. I personally cannot wait to see how a Capitol will look like... my T3 house which is a wooden one now might be transformed into a proper mansion But that takes a long time involving a lot of effort and patience from everyone involved.
    Each company that controls a territory gets income from all that happens in the main city: crafting, housing tax, Trade Post tax etc. If you set your takes too high, players will avoid your city and do their business in another city. But you also need money to grow your city so you need to balance the taxes in order to have players using it.

Crafting is also very very good, in my opinion. You can craft regular stuff but you can also add Azoth to a regular piece and the more you add, the more chances you have to have high quality perks (passives) proccing on that weapon. It seems to be a massive amount of attributes and they are random so requires a lot of crafting in order to obtain the right piece for your build.
    Imagine you are a tank with 1h sword and you craft yourself a sword that proccs a socket, Lightning effect (jumps between targets), lifesteal and possible fire effect (AoE)... now that is a lot of threat and dmg for a tank! So how many swords do you have to craft until you get that one you want?! But when and if you do get it, it will be the best sword and crafted by YOU!
    It's just a silly example... I could go on and on about the game but I'll stop for now. If you have any specific questions, just ask, I might be able to help.

There are loads of things which make this game a very good one for me; the more I play, the more I discover things that I like.
    The fact that a handful of bugs exist doesn't put me off as it's absolutely expected from a week old game. Queues are annoying but only temporary.

My advice to players, especially the ones who like to take their time in discovering various things and don't have the urge to rush to max level - buy the game, it's well worth the £35!
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    we'd hangout for hours doing nothing because it was just fun to be in the world.

Update:

Wow has caused this mindset of CAP then the game starts, it's a ridiculous train of thought, and wow pushes it because they continually forget the past every two years, so ofc they want players to rush cap, that's how an E-SPORT works it's not an MMORPG, huge difference.

It's why a large portion of their player base is always screaming for more classic, and they get classic fresh, it's the only way wow can compete with a gem like this, an mmorpg, Vanilla was an mmorpg, and it's what the majority of players want an MMORPG, not a f'ing esport, sure some players do ofc, but yeah, blizz f'd up huge taking that route.

Yep in SWG back in the day one of my fondest memories was just chilling on a rooftop in Mos Espa with guild mates, just chilling, pvp'ing, get in few brawls, it's memorable as it was one as it's what we did all day, hours and hours, and yea, to this day still a cherished memory, the peeps you play with make the game extra special.

A High quality, properly made, mmorpg will allow the player to play anyway they want, take as long as they want, and yeah New World is my new Jam.

tbh i'm preparing the thought that i'm going to leave my raid team, we are at 5/10 mythic for like 2 months now, people are just not bringing their A game, some left for ffxiv, it's the same almost every night we raid, whomever didn't show, whoever is having a bad night, and when i think of being there or being in New World, no contest, New World is an mmorpg, a home! Gawd i love my guild to, real down to earth peeps, there are a few on my raid team but the rest just have this elitist attitude which is annoying af, i mean and kinda funny too when you think about the type of people whom behaves this way. Yo dude Kindergarten was over decades ago, move on my dude! lmao!

And Agree 100%, Daedius, it'll be the most value packed 40 bones you'll ever spend.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-10-04 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    A High quality, properly made, mmorpg will allow the player to play anyway they want, take as long as they want, and yeah New World is my new Jam.
    Except if you want to play a bunch of hard to complete dungeons at full build and get powerful gear it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This is a pure PvP MMO that last second threw in a some hastily developed PvE because they finally got the message that there is no market for a pure PvP MMO.

That people didn't realise its PvE was going to be garbage is kind of funny.
    Its not for nothing that a bunch of us kept saying this game was going to be dead once the hype was over and people saw what the game actually is.
    I doubt it’ll be dead. The first few content patches should have WoW type raids and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    I doubt it’ll be dead. The first few content patches should have WoW type raids and dungeons.
    Have they said any of that? I haven't seen anything indicating they'd go the traditional raid route with the game, and I kinda hope they really don't. If I wanted to do raid content like in WoW there's...well...WoW, plus at least a dozen other MMO's where I can find similar content.