Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Except if you want to play a bunch of hard to complete dungeons at full build and get powerful gear it seems
    New world seems to be catering to everyone else except the 5%. New world isn't wow killer but it sure as hell is alot better game for casuals who want to be those "adventurers" than Wow currently is. Its to be seen how the game develops after most of the playerbase hit 60. If they can keep up with the casual approach to playing while making content for the 5% then its going to be success in the current scheme of mmo games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    A couple of other things...

I'm not a big PvP-er but I like to try new things...
    I joined a company right before the launch, mostly old casual gamers... we donated whatever gold we made and bought a territory on the first day, in the evening.
    Since then, we constantly had to run groups doing pvp quests in the world so we can either lower the influence gained from the opposing faction planning to take our city, build up the influence so we pressure another territory owned by another faction or just help fellow faction from another company defend their territories against opposing factions... it's a bloody handful! And it feels weirdly entertaining! This is where organization and having someone calling the shots well pays off. Discord is pretty much a must.
    Now we have an invasion happening tonight (PvE) and a war declared on us which we will have to defend our city from being taken over by another faction, which will probably happen tomorrow night. We don't want to lose all the progress and the money we have invested in levelling our crafting stations.
    Almost all the zones on the map are now thrown into conflict, with upcoming wars, even 3-4 of them happening closely together, some even overlapping so you have to choose between acquiring a new zone or keeping your current one, 'cause you don't have the manpower to do them both at the same time.

And in between all of that, you have to level up as well so you have to quest, PvE, gather & craft as you need better gear etc. It's quite amazing.

All settlements start with being a Hamlet, looking scruffy with hay everywhere, walls made out of wooden spikes etc.
    You can upgrade it to another 4 levels which are Village, Town, City, Capitol and each one changes the overall appearance of everything that's in that settlement. I personally cannot wait to see how a Capitol will look like... my T3 house which is a wooden one now might be transformed into a proper mansion But that takes a long time involving a lot of effort and patience from everyone involved.
    Each company that controls a territory gets income from all that happens in the main city: crafting, housing tax, Trade Post tax etc. If you set your takes too high, players will avoid your city and do their business in another city. But you also need money to grow your city so you need to balance the taxes in order to have players using it.

Crafting is also very very good, in my opinion. You can craft regular stuff but you can also add Azoth to a regular piece and the more you add, the more chances you have to have high quality perks (passives) proccing on that weapon. It seems to be a massive amount of attributes and they are random so requires a lot of crafting in order to obtain the right piece for your build.
    Imagine you are a tank with 1h sword and you craft yourself a sword that proccs a socket, Lightning effect (jumps between targets), lifesteal and possible fire effect (AoE)... now that is a lot of threat and dmg for a tank! So how many swords do you have to craft until you get that one you want?! But when and if you do get it, it will be the best sword and crafted by YOU!
    It's just a silly example... I could go on and on about the game but I'll stop for now. If you have any specific questions, just ask, I might be able to help.

There are loads of things which make this game a very good one for me; the more I play, the more I discover things that I like.
    The fact that a handful of bugs exist doesn't put me off as it's absolutely expected from a week old game. Queues are annoying but only temporary.

My advice to players, especially the ones who like to take their time in discovering various things and don't have the urge to rush to max level - buy the game, it's well worth the £35!
    Excellent read, nice post thanks!

My weekend in a nutshell, yeah jumping on discord for emergence defense, we got hit hard and i dunno like 40 peeps on discord, all doing pvp and watching the bar return to normal and not trickling back, no, like watching it move as we all assembled and fought back, it was so cool in that we are DOING THAT!! WE ARE MAKING THAT MOVE!!, then we took the fight back to them for a little taste of what they dishing, this is an extremely high level of fun factor. I was thinking of asking Poopsnacker to join in the fun, but was too busy leveling fast af so they could cry on the forums Monday about how they beat the game and nothing to do, lmao no idea right, like no fucking clue what they're missing out on!

My intention was to post something similar here today but got caught up feeding dem trolls, meh my mistake, but they're so cute sometimes when they think they're way is the only way and whatever they say is law and everybody must heed thier word omg lol, i mean it's hard to resist such temptations at times lol. They're just so f'ing entertaining.

"But that takes a long time involving a lot of effort and patience from everyone involved." Yep and why i love mmorpg's!!! be sure to not ask Poopsnacker, BeepBoo they ain't up for such meaningful rewards, having an attention span longer than a mayfly is kinda a requirement so, yeah, i'm certain they're out.

As you mentioned "And it feels weirdly entertaining!" It does and is what is setting itself apart from wow, and all the wow clones we've had to endure for far too long, finally something kinda old, but kinda new, a beautiful mix.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-10-04 at 05:20 PM.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Have they said any of that? I haven't seen anything indicating they'd go the traditional raid route with the game, and I kinda hope they really don't. If I wanted to do raid content like in WoW there's...well...WoW, plus at least a dozen other MMO's where I can find similar content.
    It’ll be more akin to ESO trials most likely.

No official source, but reading many threads, Reddit’s, chat, people are asking for some kind. I’m sure New World will have their own spin on it though.

Have they said any of that? I haven't seen anything indicating they'd go the traditional raid route with the game, and I kinda hope they really don't. If I wanted to do raid content like in WoW there's...well...WoW, plus at least a dozen other MMO's where I can find similar content.
    And that's been the genre's problem for well over decade, time and time again we get all excited for a new mmo, only to be met with another wow clone yet again, to where you end up just saying to yourself, well if you're all just going to be wow clones, then i may as well just play wow.

Here i'm sure they are going to seriously ramp up the questing for solo, casual, which that's partly the way i want to play this game among many other options here, variety, i really don't want it to come down to raids are the be all end all like wow, which would spell the the end of the game and waste away as yet another failed wow clone, the people behind this game know better, i got a feeling we're in very good hands here.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone under the impression servers now work actually worse than first or second day of the launch? theres like a lag on every gathering pick up

also gathering nodes: be it hemp, rivergrow something and whatever do not dissapear visually after gathering them. i see their full form and cant gather them and seen the same for other players after gathering them myself
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    No official source, but reading many threads, Reddit’s, chat, people are asking for some kind. I’m sure New World will have their own spin on it though.
    I sure as hell hope they don't listen. I don't want another "raid to get better gear to raid more to get better gear to raid more" MMO. The game isn't really designed as a mindless theme park in that way to begin with, so it wouldn't make much sense to suddenly bolt on a boring-ass raid focused endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    anyone under the impression servers now work actually worse than first or second day of the launch? theres like a lag on every gathering pick up

also gathering nodes: be it hemp, rivergrow something and whatever do not dissapear visually after gathering them. i see their full form and cant gather them and seen the same for other players after gathering them myself
    Not all the time, but yes, here and there i'm like "lag spike?" Where the first few days was like playing a single player game as it was that smooth.

I sure as hell hope they don't listen. I don't want another "raid to get better gear to raid more to get better gear to raid more" MMO. The game isn't really designed as a mindless theme park in that way to begin with, so it wouldn't make much sense to suddenly bolt on a boring-ass raid focused endgame.
    I agree. I play WoW for raiding and M+. I play ESO for AvAvA PvP, I’m hoping New World stays a very open world PvP and PvE game.

However, I was disappointed when they added PvE in it after all the complaints and currently all the complaints are focused on not a lot of PvE. : (

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    However, I was disappointed when they added PvE in it after all the complaints and currently all the complaints are focused on not a lot of PvE. : (
    I mean, there's quite a bit, just not a massive endgame for everyone that raced to endgame expecting this to be a standard theme park MMO where "the game starts at endgame". PvE being added in a bigger was was a result of folks generally disliking the original huge focus on PvP the game had, and was the cause of a significant number of the delays.

I'm so exiting stage left on that life atm, playing New World made me aware of how not an mmorpg wow really is.

NOW!!! I hate saying that as i've had some amazing times with some incredibly cool people raiding in wow, high high high level of challenge, and teamwork to the n'th degree, but that's only a couple nights a week, and being stuck at 5/10 mythic forever now because of lack of caring, a bad night, a no show, less enthusiastic attention from some peeps, or leaving for ffxiv, it's starting to feel like this is going nowhere.

I mean after playing New World, all i think is i'm so not playing an mmorpg, all there is to look forward to is more raids, where's the beef? i mean where's the mmorpg?

if they go the WoW route i'll quit. i can't be bothered with that garbo style.
    but even if they say they'll add more dungeons /raids whatever i doubt it'll be that way. at best maybe you'll find some rare materials for crafting in there. mechanically i don't see how this games combat could even work in a raid environment seeing as melee needs to hit from the back to crit and you can't really stack behind a target.

besides people have WoW and FFXIV for that type of content.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    if they go the WoW route i'll quit. i can't be bothered with that garbo style.
    but even if they say they'll add more dungeons /raids whatever i doubt it'll be that way. at best maybe you'll find some rare materials for crafting in there. mechanically i don't see how this games combat could even work in a raid environment seeing as melee needs to hit from the back to crit and you can't really stack behind a target.

besides people have WoW and FFXIV for that type of content.
    Agreed, but i'm sure they won't bother sinking the ship by making it another gear grinder like wow. We got wow and wow clones for that.

I've mentioned it before but after playing all weekend, the attention to detail within the world, the game, how everything works interacts with with another, i can tell we're in really good hands here. It's like chopping wood, you get more xp from a fresh firmer young tree which is harder to cut and you can do more with, then an older bark covered one is less xp even though it's larger, details man, people really thinking things through.

It's these details which let us know they ain't just shitting out an mmorpg asap trying to grab a slice of wow pie, they're taking the f'ing pie!

Thery're in this for the long haul, they would never put that much care in to the world if they were just half ass'ing another clone, or you 'd get same xp across the board for chopping any tree.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-10-04 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The things people expect from MMOs is so unhealthy. Some of you guys are looking for a game that will take up every minute of the day that isn't spent on work. If you're using your MMORPG addiction to provide your purpose in life, the problem is you, not game developers. An MMO isn't bad just because it doesn't have a lifetime of endgame content after you burn through the leveling experience because you have no self-control or anything else to do in life.

If you are looking for a game with infinite content, just please get yourself addicted to a MOBA or battle royale, or literally any game where the content is just playing matches against other players. Because if you're looking for infinite content in an MMO setting, then just go outside and live a real life, because that's what life is.
    How to passively talk down to people because their opinions differ?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    At level 26 currently and the game is fun but I wish it was more "polished" or had a little more design towards some of the basic stuff. Finding groups sucks (not to mention the first expedition is bugged where you won't be able to enter). Definetly not a killer of anything but as a buy to play it can easily be sustainable if it doesn't get to repetitive once the "honeymoon" wears off.

3 factions seem a mistake though but maybe it will work out decent once more people get leveled up and do the PvP influence stuff. It is the first "action" MMO I've played so I suck at remembering to dodge or being able to target players. Healing seems to be hampered though I haven't looked to see if there is target cycle since it does lock onto a player for a direct heal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    3 factions seem a mistake though but maybe it will work out decent once more people get leveled up and do the PvP influence stuff.
    Our of curiosity, why do you think this?

Healing seems to be hampered though I haven't looked to see if there is target cycle since it does lock onto a player for a direct heal.
    There are a bunch of options to customize how healing works a bit, I think they have "lock ons" where it will lock friendly targets you mouseover. Healing isn't really a "full time role" in the game the way it is in traditional trinity based games from what I can tell. Healers absolutely don't have the kits to pump out tons of heals all the time, folks have to mitigate their own incoming damage by avoiding it and using their own potions to help out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our of curiosity, why do you think this?
    The balance seems way off. Green/Purple seem by far the most popular but maybe other servers are more balanced. Steam global achievements have 26% purple, 23% green, and 12% yellow. Not really sure how the territory warfare plays out but I can see the biggest two on a server gaining critical mass over the 3rd. More land or smaller towns to control might work better.

But these are just observations from a new low/medium pop server with two towns controlled. At least you can change factions once every 120 days so you are not locked in for good if things don't work out.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Things that this game needs
    1. Normal Chat
    2. Mini Map
    To Be Continued

with current system game eventually will run itself into corner
    with no possible way to lose gear and inability to create alt everyone will be geared eventually and craft will become obsolete

this game without full loot pvp will suffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    I'm so exiting stage left on that life atm, playing New World made me aware of how not an mmorpg wow really is.

NOW!!! I hate saying that as i've had some amazing times with some incredibly cool people raiding in wow, high high high level of challenge, and teamwork to the n'th degree, but that's only a couple nights a week, and being stuck at 5/10 mythic forever now because of lack of caring, a bad night, a no show, less enthusiastic attention from some peeps, or leaving for ffxiv, it's starting to feel like this is going nowhere.

I mean after playing New World, all i think is i'm so not playing an mmorpg, all there is to look forward to is more raids, where's the beef? i mean where's the mmorpg?
    i dont get the full message from this post. u like or dlislike new world? i know uve been fanatic about it

as for me ive got 44h played (minus 1/3 of that waiting in the queue), and so long i want to continue playing, seeing all the bad sides and reused content. its the other things that keep me playing.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

The balance seems way off. Green/Purple seem by far the most popular but maybe other servers are more balanced. Steam global achievements have 26% purple, 23% green, and 12% yellow. Not really sure how the territory warfare plays out but I can see the biggest two on a server gaining critical mass over the 3rd. More land or smaller towns to control might work better.

But these are just observations from a new low/medium pop server with two towns controlled. At least you can change factions once every 120 days so you are not locked in for good if things don't work out.
    Balance will always be off no matter what with factions, that's just human nature. Blizzard still struggles to find balance in WoW with its two factions. I'm not sure what kind of mechanics exist to encourage more even distribution, or if any exist, but they can't exactly arbitrarily force equality of factions. I'm on a server where Covenant (yellow) owns a whopping one starting territory and the other factions own the rest. It's a bit lame, but again this isn't terribly surprising at launch to see folks naturally gravitate towards the bigger/more popular factions overall.

We'll have to see how things settle out once the launch rush has died down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    this game without full loot pvp will suffer
    Considering games with full loot PvP often times struggle/suffer/die (at least MMO's proper) I'm not thinking this is a detriment for the game.