Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering games with full loot PvP often times struggle/suffer/die (at least MMO's proper) I'm not thinking this is a detriment for the game.
    games without it struggle too, but it doesn't matter

new world is different. crafting and profession are one of the main parts of the game
    and you can't make game with crafting focus where it will be useless in a few months. it's just bad design decision

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    with current system game eventually will run itself into corner
    with no possible way to lose gear and inability to create alt everyone will be geared eventually and craft will become obsolete

this game without full loot pvp will suffer
    The professions system is actually one of the more polished things in this game. Divided in to 3 categories, gather, refine and craft. The basic idea of the crafting is to craft to yourself and not to others but some people will skip levelling professions and they will need some of the legendary gear in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The professions system is actually one of the more polished things in this game. Divided in to 3 categories, gather, refine and craft. The basic idea of the crafting is to craft to yourself and not to others but some people will skip levelling professions and they will need some of the legendary gear in the end.
    2000 player cap on server, no alts, no way to lose gear.

how many armorers will be able to fullfill demand of the serverbase? I'm guessing about 10
    why would anyone need another armorer if everyone done?
    Last edited by Trbn; 2021-10-04 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i dont get the full message from this post. u like or dlislike new world? i know uve been fanatic about it

as for me ive got 44h played (minus 1/3 of that waiting in the queue), and so long i want to continue playing, seeing all the bad sides and reused content. its the other things that keep me playing.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE New World umm? did i mention i LOVE New World - haha

That's why i want out of my raid commitments, but i'm not a quitter, nor do i ever let anyone down. I'm talking about it though, that's something i know i won't do, turn my back on them, but i'm not going to lose sleep if the team collapses.

I respect good hard dedicated players, i respect people with integrity, commitment, and that's many of the people i raid with, it's hard to dis wow knowing there are millions of decent peeps playing wow, it's just those elitist turds, one bad apple right.

Lately though, last couple months we're stagnating hard at 5/10 mythic, speaking of progression, it seems like each night we are progressively getting worse is all and finding or feeling i'm just wasting my time, i could be in New World having a blast.

We lost a dps to ffxiv, which is fine but was the husband of our prime healer, and like a week later "well i'm off to ffxiv to join my husband, thanks all", uggg like we didn't see that coming, and then the scandal, then all the pod casters, streamers, youtube channels dumping wow like it was the plague, it's taken the wind out of peoples sails, and kinda like New World did to me.

New World is a flat out better overall fit for me game wise is all. mmorpg wise that is.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-10-04 at 07:44 PM.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

how many armorers will be able to fullfill demand of the serverbase? I'm guessing about 10
    why would anyone need another leatherworker if everyone done?
    Player cap seems to have been increased on servers, not sure where it's at now.
    You can have one alt on another server, but alts on the same server seems fairly pointless since it A) doesn't open anything "new" since there are no classes and B) causes issues for faction balance and folks easily being able to hop over to check out the faction chat for another faction and report back.

How many armorers? Depends. I imagine a lot of folks won't use the AH and will just be making gear for themselves or within their companies. Companies may try to keep more valuable crafts internal, limiting access to them. Beyond that there will likely be demand for different types of armor as folks put together multiple sets of gear.

And I'm not sure exactly how the endgame crafting is, but it seems like crafting will continue to be supported in the longterm so there will be demand for crafters specializing in different things (i.e. focusing on those resources) and just more crafters for more price competition.

Losing gear would likely push more folks away than anything else. Full loot PvP was initially planned for the game back in early 2020, but they scrapped that since nobody really wanted to deal with it. PvP focused MMO's remain fairly niche overall, especially hardcore PvP games.

why would anyone need another armorer if everyone done?
    Why would there have to be need after everyone is done with crafting gear? Same applies in every game.

You can have one alt on another server, but alts on the same server seems fairly pointless since it A) doesn't open anything "new" since there are no classes and B) causes issues for faction balance and folks easily being able to hop over to check out the faction chat for another faction and report back.

How many armorers? Depends. I imagine a lot of folks won't use the AH and will just be making gear for themselves or within their companies. Companies may try to keep more valuable crafts internal, limiting access to them. Beyond that there will likely be demand for different types of armor as folks put together multiple sets of gear.

And I'm not sure exactly how the endgame crafting is, but it seems like crafting will continue to be supported in the longterm so there will be demand for crafters specializing in different things (i.e. focusing on those resources) and just more crafters for more price competition.

Losing gear would likely push more folks away than anything else. Full loot PvP was initially planned for the game back in early 2020, but they scrapped that since nobody really wanted to deal with it. PvP focused MMO's remain fairly niche overall, especially hardcore PvP games.
    i'm just wondering why would anyone bother creating such complex crafting system and then shooting themselves in the foot making the possibility it will become useless

new players in big servers in half a year will be doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Why would there have to be need after everyone is done with crafting gear? Same applies in every game.
    i'm not sure but it seems that craft geat will be the best gear in this game since there's no pve endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Things that this game needs
    1. Normal Chat
    2. Mini Map
    To Be Continued
    3. God damn mounts

about the 3 faction thing. on the new server i rolled on syndicate has the most players by far so the other two factions made an alliance to work against them. that's probably why it's better to have 3 instead of 2. it's easier to just pile on 1 faction when it's just 2.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

OK that's the extra character slot, makes it seem like i could just make it on my existing server, dealing with queue be like not f'ing with that atm lol.

Yeah it's a game where you need or should at the minimum have some drive to do things for yourself.

Great example was a quest i need 3 of this whatever plant, and three of some other plant.

Curious, i checked the market a 100 gold each, and 55 each for the other. Nearly 500 gold poof.

or...

Go harvest it yourself, and sell some extras on the AH.

OBV going to harvest myself, and finally come across one, while i'm out doing other things and... /record scratch moment

You need 30 Harvesting Skill!!!

I'm at 18 harvest skill, ok gotta get my harvest skill up, and what seems like a hard thing to level at first, i stumbled across a farmers field, or two, hint hint.

So i mean that isn't my prime goal to skill that up, if you went direct on everything in the i gotta get this done right now, you'll drive yourself nuts. It's just gotta be in your head to make sure you pay attention to that task while doing other things.

I mean when i get close to a pinnacle say, 50 mining and i'm 46 i'll probaly go slam that out, but not going to go 0 to 50 on that, you integrate it in to your play.

In the situation above if you bought all that from the AH, this "might" not be the game for you as that's really a "i want it now" trait.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-10-04 at 08:09 PM.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Things that this game needs
    1. Normal Chat
    2. Mini Map
    To Be Continued
    Mini map i can do without, once you are in a few hours you no longer miss it, however the ability to use more markers and bookmarks on the map however that i do miss
    Chat is terrible, do not know what they were thinking it also is not working properly.

Quite a lot of improvements left for the game but it is just released we will see what their plans are for the future.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I'm enjoying New World so far. The only problems that I have---and I understand the design decisions (except one), and they are just frustrating:

You use your PvP missions if you die. Ok fine, but getting ganked 10 seconds from the sanctuary to turn in feels bad---it's a 10-20 min time loss. Grouping helps, but that leads me to:

Finding groups is Classic Wow-style. It takes a while, but whatever. You can't share quests though, so that's a frustration.

I built a caster - all intellect, fire/ice focus. Aiming my regular spells at range is not easy because the reticle is placed oddly off-center. No worries. Practice makes perfect, right? PvE is no problem at all; I almost never take damage with the dodging and kiting.

In PvP? Regular spell attacks, turns out, are almost impossible to aim in combat with melee jumping all over the damn place. So just hang back and cast AOE at range?

....But then the game designer gave big melee weapons a big gap closer or an AOE knockdown stun and at the same time forced casters to walk at a snail's pace while attacking. Even in a group, an exposed caster is one missed dodge away from being globaled by a war hammer or greataxe, and it's not like we're doing massive glass cannon damage to compensate either. I don't get this design decision at all---if you're a caster, you're absolutely boned if players get in your melee range, and there's no way to effectively stop them from doing that. You can't even run away.

It's like if you took away Blink and Ice Nova from Mages, gave them clearcasting, but they could only RP walk while casting and for 2 seconds after every cast, while every melee character gets Charge and War Stomp. I'm not sure who thought that was going to be a good idea. Maybe it gets better at max level?

And lastly:
    WHY DID SOMEONE THINK TO MAKE "VISIT ALL 12 TOWERS" INTO 4 GODDAMNED CHAINED QUESTS? Even the quest giver sounds embarrassed to ask you to run to the next 3 to get those astrolabes. Fuck that guy. I could make one full loop in half the time it would take to run back and forth to Everfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm just wondering why would anyone bother creating such complex crafting system and then shooting themselves in the foot making the possibility it will become useless

new players in big servers in half a year will be doomed.

i'm not sure but it seems that craft geat will be the best gear in this game since there's no pve endgame.
    Having a stat cap on gear is fine. The question is whether or not theres content that allows you use the gear. PVP is aby other genre isbt avouy outgearing yoir opponent and same MMORPG s have been able to di it as well. Thise games make uo fot it with build diversity and engaging gameplay though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

with current system game eventually will run itself into corner
    with no possible way to lose gear and inability to create alt everyone will be geared eventually and craft will become obsolete

this game without full loot pvp will suffer
    what is wrong with everyone becoming full build with nothing left to hunt for? I've never understood why people think this is a bad thing. Fucking break players' idiotic carrot on a stick mentality and make something fun enough to justify playing on its own. PvP games like COD seem to do this just fine, why can't someone fucking figure this out for pve? I guess the gratification of pwning another real life human takes the enjoyment to that next level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The craziest thing about this post is that - in spite of it all - it actually wasn't hard to read!
    Proofreading and going back to edit?

Pfft. Not me.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Great example was a quest i need 3 of this whatever plant, and three of some other plant.

Curious, i checked the market a 100 gold each, and 55 each for the other. Nearly 500 gold poof.
    I think I've got like 3-4K gold right now. I haven't even checked AH prices, but I probably should since I've been spending a fair amount of time harvesting and have some somewhat rare low/mid-level crafting materials. I usually just tunnel vision the solo game and don't bother with AH's and whatnot until endgame, but might be worth seeing if I can pad out my gold a bit since I imagine we'll need quite a lot of that over time.

Customer Support is really terrible. An hour-long wait to speak a chatbot, a day to get an email reply back and they basically said in their second email "We don't know how to fix this at this time. We'll let you know when we figure it out."

I can't roll my eyes hard enough. Not as bad as FF14 or Ubisoft CS at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I'm enjoying New World so far. The only problems that I have---and I understand the design decisions (except one), and they are just frustrating:

You use your PvP missions if you die. Ok fine, but getting ganked 10 seconds from the sanctuary to turn in feels bad---it's a 10-20 min time loss. Grouping helps, but that leads me to:

Finding groups is Classic Wow-style. It takes a while, but whatever. You can't share quests though, so that's a frustration.

I built a caster - all intellect, fire/ice focus. Aiming my regular spells at range is not easy because the reticle is placed oddly off-center. No worries. Practice makes perfect, right? PvE is no problem at all; I almost never take damage with the dodging and kiting.

In PvP? Regular spell attacks, turns out, are almost impossible to aim in combat with melee jumping all over the damn place. So just hang back and cast AOE at range?

....But then the game designer gave big melee weapons a big gap closer or an AOE knockdown stun and at the same time forced casters to walk at a snail's pace while attacking. Even in a group, an exposed caster is one missed dodge away from being globaled by a war hammer or greataxe, and it's not like we're doing massive glass cannon damage to compensate either. I don't get this design decision at all---if you're a caster, you're absolutely boned if players get in your melee range, and there's no way to effectively stop them from doing that. You can't even run away.

It's like if you took away Blink and Ice Nova from Mages, gave them clearcasting, but they could only RP walk while casting and for 2 seconds after every cast, while every melee character gets Charge and War Stomp. I'm not sure who thought that was going to be a good idea. Maybe it gets better at max level?

And lastly:
    WHY DID SOMEONE THINK TO MAKE "VISIT ALL 12 TOWERS" INTO 4 GODDAMNED CHAINED QUESTS? Even the quest giver sounds embarrassed to ask you to run to the next 3 to get those astrolabes. Fuck that guy. I could make one full loop in half the time it would take to run back and forth to Everfall.
    is it even necessary to do the main quest? im lvl 25 and its just that ONE MAIN quest
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    I agree. I play WoW for raiding and M+. I play ESO for AvAvA PvP, I’m hoping New World stays a very open world PvP and PvE game.

However, I was disappointed when they added PvE in it after all the complaints and currently all the complaints are focused on not a lot of PvE. : (
    The pure PvP MMO market is not big enough to satisfy the expectations from a AAA MMO.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The pure PvP MMO market is not big enough to satisfy the expectations from a AAA MMO.
    Poor Crowfall. I'm still rooting for those folks, but they've been having a rough time of it and seeing only niche success. Things probably aren't too much brighter for Camelot Unchained.

I think the last time a PvP focused MMO hit any amount of success was back with DAOC, in a far, far, far less crowded market. I'm struggling to think of many successes since then, games with a more PvP focus on WAR/AoConan fell apart (in large part due to them not being great and being unfinished), but honestly it doesn't look like there's the kind of playerbase to support a big AAA quality PvP MMO. The closest we may have is PlanetSide 2, which is a VERY different kind of game, but even that's had a lot of highs and lows over the years, paired with SoE (at the time, before they were Daybreak) dumping a ton of money into trying to force esports.