Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    comes with a weekly maintenance fee, mine is $400.
    Lame, but I guess it's a good way to keep bleeding gold out of the economy and that taxes/maintenance will be higher in higher level zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    How to make money in this game? I am level 25 and have got 1800 gold, not enough even for the cheapest house.

The stuff i craft is worth nothing. No wonder, when in order to level up crafting u end up crafting tens or hundreds of those items, and then again everybody does that.

Got almost full storage, tried crafting today to spend azoth so it doesnt waste, but no money from that. I salvaged it all.

My trade skills are:
    Weaponsmithing 27
    Armoring 19
    Engineering 29
    Jewelcrafting 24
    Arcana 37
    Cooking 85
    Furnishing 11

Not gonna list refining and gathering skills, cuz they all vary from 50-70
    Sell raw materials, ammo goes well, if you want to be cheeky, make bags with azoth hoping to get the "increase pocket space" perk, those bags sell for thousands. The trick is matching your sales to your zone. Feathers/ammo shit like that goes great in starter zones, the bags look good in the 25+ zones where people are getting tired of only having 250, but haven't gotten that second bag spot. If you are selling dungeon blues in a starter zone you'll have issues as those blues are usually 27lvl and technically you should be out the zone at 25.

I currently have about 4k and I've donated 6k so far. To give you an idea, never sold a bag, mainly because I didn't know about them selling well until I made a bag and got the pocket perk and a bunch of people told me they sell for a lot. They are minimum 100+g because it takes 100g to buy the item from the faction vendor to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    It’s definitely not necessary to do it, but I wanted to clear out my quest log and kept going back for more

- - - Updated - - -

This is a response to the guy who asked about the lore.

There is a Fallout vibe to the lore. We show up on Aeternum relatively soon after a major incident basically wiped out most of the non-settlement population centers—so there are zombies and corrupted everywhere, and only the settlements are safe. The story (like fallout) is told in snippets of found texts.

I have no idea how these people eat, since farms are overrun, but since there is an actual in-game explanation for why things respawn eternally, it’s actually not immersion breaking.

The ancients have some awesome monolithic architecture. It’s mysterious in the sense that Stonehenge is mysterious.

Outside of that, lore isn’t in your face too much.
    What's even the point of killing stuff when it respawns almost as soon as you turn your back to walk 5 steps? Lorewise, does it actually take a long time to respawn or is it 30 seconds like in game. I know the staff has the power to close the source of the corruption but that won't do anything for the zombies roaming around at a farm right? How do the settlements exist when the enemy infinitely respawns?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Lame, but I guess it's a good way to keep bleeding gold out of the economy and that taxes/maintenance will be higher in higher level zones.
    Yeah it was just shocking at first, felt like it took forever to save 2.5. After buying the place i had like 5 gold left and it's telling me i need 400 weekly wtf? at that moment it felt like gold was impossible to come by.

I like it now, but it still feels weird not being able to vendor trash items for $
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

So I will say the game looks nice and takes nothing to really run maxed up.

This will be a game I pop into when I'm bored with nothing else to do.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    How to make money in this game? I am level 25 and have got 1800 gold, not enough even for the cheapest house.

The stuff i craft is worth nothing. No wonder, when in order to level up crafting u end up crafting tens or hundreds of those items, and then again everybody does that.

Got almost full storage, tried crafting today to spend azoth so it doesnt waste, but no money from that. I salvaged it all.

My trade skills are:
    Weaponsmithing 27
    Armoring 19
    Engineering 29
    Jewelcrafting 24
    Arcana 37
    Cooking 85
    Furnishing 11

Not gonna list refining and gathering skills, cuz they all vary from 50-70
    Buy low in low level settlements. Sell high in thr highrt levro ones. Peiple essentially pay you to run materials to them so they dony have to travel.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What's even the point of killing stuff when it respawns almost as soon as you turn your back to walk 5 steps? Lorewise, does it actually take a long time to respawn or is it 30 seconds like in game. I know the staff has the power to close the source of the corruption but that won't do anything for the zombies roaming around at a farm right? How do the settlements exist when the enemy infinitely respawns?
    That it's at launch and there are tons of folks killing shit so they've probably turned down spawn timers to accommodate this, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Buy low in low level settlements. Sell high in thr highrt levro ones. Peiple essentially pay you to run materials to them so they dony have to travel.
    Hell Yeah! nice tip, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Sell raw materials, ammo goes well, if you want to be cheeky, make bags with azoth hoping to get the "increase pocket space" perk, those bags sell for thousands. The trick is matching your sales to your zone. Feathers/ammo shit like that goes great in starter zones, the bags look good in the 25+ zones where people are getting tired of only having 250, but haven't gotten that second bag spot. If you are selling dungeon blues in a starter zone you'll have issues as those blues are usually 27lvl and technically you should be out the zone at 25.

I currently have about 4k and I've donated 6k so far. To give you an idea, never sold a bag, mainly because I didn't know about them selling well until I made a bag and got the pocket perk and a bunch of people told me they sell for a lot. They are minimum 100+g because it takes 100g to buy the item from the faction vendor to make them.
    Awesome, thanks so much for posting that!

Do not buy the cheapest house as your first house. WTF are these people doing?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well the folks in the settlements also infinitely respawn too. Lorewise, the more people respawn the more they can be tainted by the corruption; the same is true if you live for a long time, there's a chance the corruption can take you.

I've not done enough story quests in game to get much more of a feel than that. It does seem that there is something fundamentally "wrong" with Aeternam; like the basic substrate of the land is corrupted from what it should be.

Or it could be---and this would be hilariously meta---if the story is "15th century seafarers find themselves lost on a continent that is literally a video game".

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So I will say the game looks nice and takes nothing to really run maxed up.

This will be a game I pop into when I'm bored with nothing else to do.
    Valheim is my go to for that, or when i simply need to change things up for little bit, or need a break from my main mmoropg whatever that may be, judging by the depth and shear overwhelming volume of stuff to do in New World, i thinking "maybe" sometime in 2022 i might fire up my Valheim World. Gawd i love that game, but New World is an absolute home run for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Well the folks in the settlements also infinitely respawn too. Lorewise, the more people respawn the more they can be tainted by the corruption; the same is true if you live for a long time, there's a chance the corruption can take you.

I've not done enough story quests in game to get much more of a feel than that. It does seem that there is something fundamentally "wrong" with Aeternam; like the basic substrate of the land is corrupted from what it should be.

Or it could be---and this would be hilariously meta---if the story is "15th century seafarers find themselves lost on a continent that is literally a video game".
    I found the rapid respawn a pita when i was a low level noob, ok whew!!! i killed them al..<spawn>.l..<spawn> wtf? <spawn> RUN!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yeah but i "WANTED IT NOW!!" lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You do get a faction/company discount on taxes for ownership of settlement. And once controlled the property tax can be raised or lowered. The taxes and stuff all exist to fund the town upgrades and stuff so it isn't just people donating. I really makes one company as owners seem silly though. The system also needs more ways to be democratic and have votes for at least entire faction to help pick or something.

I wish it was like communities and guilds in WoW. So you can have your individual groups but then a bigger group for ownership and stuff. I was lucky to randomly get in to one before they got near cap. And those fast travel costs are super nice for being in the company that controls the settlement.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What do the more expensive houses offer?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I really makes one company as owners seem silly though. The system also needs more ways to be democratic and have votes for at least entire faction to help pick or something.
    So you want a different game. Because PvP focused territory control is a big part of the game, and the benefits of controlling the territory are designed to encourage participation. I think Tera tried that "democratically elected governors" thing a long time ago and that worked out about as well as expected, in that it was kinda a hot mess and ended up getting axed.

Hell Yeah! nice tip, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, thanks so much for posting that!
    Also since its early game and I don't know how far along your server is. If you make items that require a lvl 3 workshop or lvl 3 Forge, they may sell well in zones where those aren't available yet. IE Steel weapons sold well for me for a time because my zone only had a lvl 2 Forge and you couldn't make them there. So I just went to another zone, made a bunch and then brought the good ones back to my "main zone". Not to mention that they require lvl20 and lvl50 weapon smith or armor smith. If a player wasn't grinding those specifically they aren't going to be lvl50 smith by the time they hit lvl 20.

You got to find those little loopholes. Also don't try to sell a weapon with the wrong stats, even if it has a monster affix on it, people won't buy them. It could be a 280 t2(max for t2) glove with health steal and because it's const or intl+ dex or another stat people don't want, they won't buy it. You'll find you save more not trying to sell and losing your listing price vs trying and it failing and there goes 1g+ where you could have had that .5g + from salvaging anyway. I first started trying to sell thinking the game was like vanilla where blue will sell regardless of stats because it's blue and the base item is usually better. Not to in this game, blue is more an indication of the amount of stats IE (Blue may have int = 20 and no other affix, but green will only have int =11 and no other affix. So if you have 2 affixes those 11 points get split vs a blue which can have a higher amount of max pts.) granted thats my theory on green vs blue items.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-10-05 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You do get a faction/company discount on taxes for ownership of settlement. And once controlled the property tax can be raised or lowered. The taxes and stuff all exist to fund the town upgrades and stuff so it isn't just people donating. I really makes one company as owners seem silly though. The system also needs more ways to be democratic and have votes for at least entire faction to help pick or something.

I wish it was like communities and guilds in WoW. So you can have your individual groups but then a bigger group for ownership and stuff. I was lucky to randomly get in to one before they got near cap. And those fast travel costs are super nice for being in the company that controls the settlement.
    That's good to know thanks, i'm kinda still in my own little bubble atm and not totally up to speed on that level of game as yet, this game is freaking deep af. My house is in my faction, where i know some guild peeps where it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    What do the more expensive houses offer?
    Agreed, inquiring minds want to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Also since its early game and I don't know how far along your server is. If you make items that require a lvl 3 workshop or lvl 3 Forge, they may sell well in zones where those aren't available yet. IE Steel weapons sold well for me for a time because my zone only had a lvl 2 Forge and you couldn't make them there. So I just went to another zone, made a bunch and then brought the good ones back to my "main zone". Not to mention that they require lvl20 and lvl50 weapon smith or armor smith. If a player wasn't grinding those specifically they aren't going to be lvl50 smith by the time they hit lvl 20.

You got to find those little loopholes. Also don't try to sell a weapon with the wrong stats, even if it has a monster affix on it, people won't buy them. It could be a 280 t2(max for t2) glove with health steal and because it's const or intl+ dex or another stat people don't want, they won't buy it. You'll find you save more not trying to sell and losing your listing price vs trying and it failing and there goes 1g+ where you could have had that .5g + from salvaging anyway. I first started trying to sell thinking the game was like vanilla where blue will sell regardless of stats because it's blue and the base item is usually better. Not to in this game, blue is more an indication of the amount of stats IE (Blue may have int = 20 and no other affix, but green will only have int =11 and no other affix. So if you have 2 affixes those 11 points get split vs a blue which can have a higher amount of max pts.) granted thats my theory on green vs blue items.
    Awesome!!! thanks again.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-10-05 at 05:34 PM.

Should also mention if you are one of the first people to figure out where and how to get Fae Iron consistently, those will see ridiculously in starting zones as you get access to Fae Iron items around smith lvl25 which is pretty easy, but Fae Iron is no where to be found.

which be warned!!! comes with a weekly maintenance fee, mine is $400.
    Out of curiosity, what happens if you don't have the money for maintenance ?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I see a lot of your guys haven't gotten into the warfare aspect of the game. Its the one that disappoints me the most. Having played a lot of RVR, WvW, large scale PVP, the system Amazon set up has a lot of potential. Its held back by some very strange design decisions.

PvEvP is fun and fine, the problem is that in this game PvP and PvE are separate but thrown on top of each other instead of complimenting each other, mixing like vinegar and milk.

Sieging and defending forts is fun...until half your team gets ported because theres a 50 player limit in a open world environment?!? And when the game ports you it buts you in a insanely long loading screen and punts you half way across the map (in most cases). This mechanic completly kills the spirit of a battle. Might as well completly remove forts from the overworld and make them an instanced game mode people queue up for.

Wars, a great concept. Again, very flawed, completly killing the spirit of pvp. A company/faction gathers up an army to wrestle influence of a town from their enemy. They siege up the surrounding land, putting on so much pressure that the faction that owns the town doesn't even want to leave the towns gate. No its time to move on the settlement and take it...oh wait you can't. You can only schedule wars in advance, some times days in advance and who knows if the people will still want to/'be able to fight 3 days later. Oh and and even though flipping the influence of a zone might have been a company/faction wide effort, only 50 people can actually participate in the fight to take the town. Oh and its heavily screwed towards the defenders no matter how yell you sieged up zone before the war.

Amazon has chosen to build this great playground for largescale pvp and make it drab.

I hope everyone gets to experience trying to snipe defenders on their rampants while your squad is hiding in the treeline like a band of Minutemen vs Redcoats. Just don't try to advance on the fort of half your detachment with be teleported to oblivion for reasons...
    I'm really curious to know/see the comparison of TESO's "Entire zone of PVP faction war" and how New World is doing their 'faction wars'.

TESO still hasn't gotten it right - the PVP mechanics are a mess (ongoing mess - they still can't balance pvp vs. pve gear/skill mechanics and prove it almost every patch) and the whole 'faction v faction v faction' war usually comes down to whomever has more people online in the 'wee' hours' no one else is playing to reset/upset whatever progress was made during prime time.

Be curious to see what, if any, lessons Amazon might take from TESO's ongoing 'open pvp faction war' mechanic and improve - or what same-mistake-pits they might fall into.

Also curious to see any players here who have experienced TESO PVP faction end-game wars and how those compare to what Amazon's putting into place for this (or has so far anyway) and how that plays.

Maybe one day an MMO might get this right =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Should also mention if you are one of the first people to figure out where and how to get Fae Iron consistently, those will see ridiculously in starting zones as you get access to Fae Iron items around smith lvl25 which is pretty easy, but Fae Iron is no where to be found.
    You da man!!! Thanks again!

Won't be long i'll be the Elon Musk... WHOA!!! errrr i mean the Jeff Bezos of my server. Lucky i caught that don't need Amazon banning my account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Out of curiosity, what happens if you don't have the money for maintenance ?
    I don't know, i'm sure you 'd lose free teleports home, and either locked out and have to pay to unlock again, Or most probable, it is closed/abandoned as you are already able to let them go. You can have a total of 3 houses anywhere in the world.