7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Open World PvP in this game can be damn fun. Late last night I was fishing out in Everfall while being flagged (I'm level 25), and I was ambushed by a level 26. We were basically dueling 1v1 for 15 minutes. Was a close call but he ultimately got the upper hand and finally did me in. We whispered each other afterwards with a "well played, good sir". Was super satisfying and wholesome.

Yes, the game has it's problems, but what it does well...it does really well.
    I wish I found people like that instead of the usual purple party hunting down anyone
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    If Wildstar had launched today, I would drop my sub to WoW in a heartbeat. That game was superior in every possible way to WoW at launch, and only failed because of the same server queue/crash issues that NW had at launch.
    While I liked wildstar myself, this is not the sole reason why it failed. I believe it could have had success in the market if it had a better marketing team and if it focused less on the 40 man raiding aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I hope they manage to balance factions

On my server, there's a whole guild controlling several territories as they zerged a lot
    They have guild, guild 2.0, guild 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 all under one leadership so there's nothing the other factions can do against them
    You're on Ruin's server, aren't you?

Sounds like it; I remember when they played ESO. When they would login, the whole PvP map would turn to their color and if you attacked anything, you'd be met with over 80 people running you over. The best strategy was to just logoff, could do nothing against their zerg.

In WoW, they would take over the entire zone of Nazjatar druing Battle for Nazjatar, if you were horde, you weren't winning. Was good for alliance, but really bad for horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    While I liked wildstar myself, this is not the sole reason why it failed. I believe it could have had success in the market if it had a better marketing team and if it focused less on the 40 man raiding aspect.
    Idk. I loved the fake-90's era "in your faaaace" marketing to HARDCORE players, cupcake!

But you're right, Wildstar's raiding attunements were like TBC cranked up to 11; there was no easy way to get new players into raid groups without people taking time to to the work. At that point is WoW's lifespan, getting into raiding was easier than ever. It didn't help that every boss was like Fatescribe or Painsmith with a half-zillion flashing red zones every few seconds. You had to actually be -good- to raid in WS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    In WoW, they would take over the entire zone of Nazjatar druing Battle for Nazjatar, if you were horde, you weren't winning. Was good for alliance, but really bad for horde.
    I was one of their team leaders in Battle for Nazjatar. It helped me gear a dozen toons
    Sucks to be Horde, but as a lifetime Alliance player, it felt good to dunk on the more populated faction sometimes.

What Ruin is doing to their NW server is just unfair.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope

Svarga. South America
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    If they merged them, it would take away part of the incentives of controlling territories; I believe it's an integral part of the design.
    they however went away from the hardcore survival pvp design or whatever u wanna call it into more this of a more mainstream MMORPG like WoW did compared to EQ.
    well, i just think it might happen eventually. thats all
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I was not expecting this so early in New World's life; but it looks as if Bellular has formed a new channel to cover FF14 and New World news specifically and is not covering WoW content that much anymore. I'm curious what he sees to make this change; I feel New World is still in the honeymoon phase and he should wait, but I guess he has access to data and inside information that we normal players don't. Maybe the MMO market is switching over to FF14 and New World, while WoW and other MMOs are being left in the dust.

Guess we'll see in the weeks and months ahead!
    Probably less to do with market movement and more to do with the almighty youtube algorithm.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Probably less to do with market movement and more to do with the almighty youtube algorithm.
    "Those 'INSERT POPULAR/CONTROVERSIAL GAME NAME HERE' videos are just so hot right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    In short, both. It costs azoth and the higher level you are, the higher the cost but also increases exponentially with every respecc.

Just an example. I'm lvl 38, only respeccted my Hammer points once so far and the next respecc costs me 120 azoth, at the moment. I remember looking at it a few levels ago and the respecc cost was much lower.
    I believe there's a max threshold though as it cannot be higher than 1000 azoth since that's the cap.

--------------------

EDIT: Weirdly enough, this is the first game I don't care about levelling up. To get to 60 only to return to lower zones for gathering and crafting?!
    I have so many professions I want to level up, I'm literally not interested in getting levels at all. I pick up quests in the world as I run into them but not chasing them. Very different feeling than the usual MMOs... and I quite enjoy it.

And fishing... maaan, I so want to max fishing, even though I know it's the slowest to level. It can bring you legendary fish which you can either display as a trophy in your house, granting you permanent stat buffs, cook them for temporary stats increase (like +40 to every stat) or sell them at the trading post for a load of money (since they are legendary, I'm guessing they will be fairly uncommon).

After playing WoW since 2006, hardcore raiding, guild leading and raid leading through multiple expansions, New World is a totally new experience. I think it works for me because I don't have a lot of time to play anymore, like I used to. I now have weekends and a couple of hours in the evening during weekdays so this definitely fits my schedule.

I understand a lot of people will get bored of it because they are used to play an MMO for many hours, do dungeons and raids but for older players like me, with work, family and kids, NW has a lot to offer.
    I also strongly believe that Amazon will introduce a lot of PvE content in the future. They have seen what success the launch has brought to their gaming division and will not want to stop here, makes no business sense to do so.
    I feel like this too.
    Same story sans kids lol.
    MMO's are not my life so it fits fine.
    It's fun to be out there and not care about leveling and taking my time like I did in classic.
    Love that I don't have to reroll if I want to switch from Hunter to Mage or whichever too.
    27 I think now and been working on 3 weapons as I level.
    Funny to hear anyone complain about mob variety to me as well cause if anyone remembers farming furlbogs or silithus it was the same lol.
    Jesus how many boars did we kill or how much shit did we pick up on alts in nagrand?
    I killed cultists for pumpkin bags one halloween and those obelisk things to open and fight for way too many days.
    How many people farm the same instance over and over for a mount to add to their collection.
    It's all the same, it's just whatever you enjoy.
    Also, I have patience and enjoy the aspect of waiting for new patches and being surprised again and developing along with it as it grows.

Oh and my server is all Syndicate atm and on Cov we own the bottom like 3 zones.

ugh.. having spent yesterday working on crafting i've come to the conclusion that it sucks. every new tier material you learn requires boatloads of the former tier and it goes like that all the way up to max. so basically you're stuck grinding the starter zones indefinitely unless you can afford to just buy the material from the market.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I was not expecting this so early in New World's life; but it looks as if Bellular has formed a new channel to cover FF14 and New World news specifically and is not covering WoW content that much anymore. I'm curious what he sees to make this change; I feel New World is still in the honeymoon phase and he should wait, but I guess he has access to data and inside information that we normal players don't. Maybe the MMO market is switching over to FF14 and New World, while WoW and other MMOs are being left in the dust.

Guess we'll see in the weeks and months ahead!
    FF14 is the MMO to love now, NW just launched. While theres really nothing going on in wow, except a inbetween patch with some tweaks and changes and no new content. So yeah, ofc Belluar is going to jump on whatever is trending. Cause really, what is there to talk about in wow right now? Nothing really. In the not so distant future? Alot.

Dont think for a second he wont jump on covering wow news when 9.2 hits and when the next xpac comes around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Psst, don't say somehting negative. It seems it's not allowed here from people that are between 20 and 30 and think they already played the game.

I love how I even got flamed ingame hard for simply being 60. Same people like here as it seems, same stupid arguments. I "skipped the game" even though my professions are almost skilled up completely (Spoiler: Main content for PvE players in the game if still nobody has not noticed). I start becoming a hater because of the trash defending this game as if it is their whole life (which I assume for some it is, at least in this forum).

Fun Fact. 10 Days later and we had almost 40% less different people start the game, that's the good thing on steam, you can see the numbers, there is no hiding. We still have queues because of the laughable amount of players per server.
    But you are not allowed to criticise anyway because some people have nothing else in their life.
    At first I loved the proffession system, now im getting bored of it hah. Maybe over time i'll cap some of the proffesions, but I wont really bother a whole lot with it I would imagine.

For me the interest just completely vanished. Yesterday I was still motivated, but I've reached the first real roadblock (level 30) where everything just isn't fun anymore. I'm doing the same horrible quests over and over again and they only give me a very small amount of EP. Crafting and gathering becomes tiresome because of how much you have to grind materials to be able to craft anything. And then all of the technical issues this game has plus zero character progression after a certain point... the game is just incredibly shallow and ultimately boring.

The hype is over as well, honeymoon phase seems to wear off quicker than expected - from Wednesday to Thursday the amount of primetime players just decreased by 10% as well. I'm curious to see how it will look in another week. I know I won't be playing anymore because the gameplay loop is just bad, but I for sure will stick and see how this game plummets into irrelevance.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Another fun fact, you can't ignore crafting if you want good gear. That it is the only real endgame content was no joke.
    The two dungeons we have have at max level are not worth to play a second time at all. How many times have I've been flamed for saying that from low lvl guys? Way too often. How hard will I laugh at them once they are finally 60 and see how disasterous the endgame is? Hard.
    oh snap, I didnt know that. I've just been playing the game and sitting at lvl 29 now, being in no rush. Been leveling proffesions now and then, especially gathering ones.

To be perfectly honest though, im kind of feeling a tad bored. Its getting tedious to do the quests, cause most of them feel more or less the same. Certain quests are extra shit, the ones were you start off going to area to kill 6 mobs, return q, gotta go back to same place and collect something from crates, return q, gotta go back to same area and kill mr boss guy. Or "go pick up X stuff in these 3 areas", return q, then get the very same quests but at another area. Its rather bad.

Cant see myself reaching level cap anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    oh snap, I didnt know that. I've just been playing the game and sitting at lvl 29 now, being in no rush. Been leveling proffesions now and then, especially gathering ones.

To be perfectly honest though, im kind of feeling a tad bored. Its getting tedious to do the quests, cause most of them feel more or less the same. Certain quests are extra shit, the ones were you start off going to area to kill 6 mobs, return q, gotta go back to same place and collect something from crates, return q, gotta go back to same area and kill mr boss guy. Or "go pick up X stuff in these 3 areas", return q, then get the very same quests but at another area. Its rather bad.

Cant see myself reaching level cap anytime soon.
    29 is the line where the game and content design begins to wear off. That's the reason why I just stopped playing with level 30. The tasks you need to do to level up just are the same, but the XP you earn barely increases while the XP you need to level up drastically does so. Plus, the tasks get even more repetitive. Instead of killing 5 mobs you now have to kill 10 mobs to finish the exact same quest.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-08 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    29 is the line where the game and content design begins to wear off. That's the reason why I just stopped playing with level 30. The tasks you need to do to level up just are the same, but the XP you earn barely increases while the XP you need to level up drastically does so. Plus, the tasks get even more repetitive. Instead of killing 5 mobs you know have to kill 10 mobs to finish the exact same quest.
    Then I wont be surprised if theres certains store items that can be bought to boost (heh) the leveling..

Tbh im surprised they have 60 as max level, seems so high when looking at what we can do to reach it. If what you say its true, its going to be a very monotone journey from here on out.

10+ Year Old Account
    imagine creating a WQ where all can kill the NPC, but only one can skin it therefore completing it

smh

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Then I wont be surprised if theres certains store items that can be bought to boost (heh) the leveling..

Tbh im surprised they have 60 as max level, seems so high when looking at what we can do to reach it. If what you say its true, its going to be a very monotone journey from here on out.
    I mean you're basically doubling and tripling the amount of faction and townboard missions after a certain point, because the "main quest" suddenly stops and you need to grind 5 level to continue with it or the "quests" spread around the world (which barely exist) aren't as rewarding as they've been in lower levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    imagine creating a WQ where all can kill the NPC, but only one can skin it therefore completing it

smh
    Imagine creating a game, where you cannot share quests with friends. I mean we can continue this ad infinitum. It's so obvious that AGS has no idea how a modern MMORPG works.

Please for the love of god just look at how abysmal enemy AI and threat in this game is. It's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean, i can shit all day on this game, but im having fuuuun. so far lvl 29, 64hrs (1/4 is probably queue) into it and i like it.
    so many things in this game are, how do u say it, ill-considered? unthoughtful? like make no fucking sense at all. what is this pre-2000 chat system???????

but i like to casually sink my time into it. i actually enjoy combat, gathering and refining, not so much crafting.
    iron ore being way more valuable than starmetal makes no fucking sense, but here it is. i understand they wanted to make low lvl mats relevant, but change the proportions or something.

Absolutely love this game, cancelled my WoW sub a while ago and landed on this almost by accident.

It is a fantastic game, great visuals, combat that means something (no tab target or auto attack) and mobs that hit hard and that matter. On top of that you don't need to make alts to try different roles, you skill weapons up and your choice of skills define your role.

No mounts which i like as it makes the world seem bigger, some players are just in a huge rush to get to the end and then moan there is nothing to do. There is fast travel options and when you buy your house you can port there too. Crafting is very deep and there are lots of professions which can take a lot of time and effort to cap.

I think though that this game will probably not appeal to those LFR/LFG wow players. New world is almost like WoW classic, but better (of course just my opinion).