10+ Year Old Account
    how long till they add a minimap instead of this fucked up compass shit??? its no longer a pvp-only surivival game
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Nice hyperbolic you got there. On top of my heads, just for the corrupted, I count 8. You know you can dislike something without lying about it to make it looks worst than it really is, it just make you look like a fool to those who know it isnt true.
    Please link them. Let's see who's fool.
    I just had high hopes. I played I'm just talking here about the game. don't make it personal. Make reasonable discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Please link them. Let's see who's fool.
    I just had high hopes. I played I'm just talking here about the game. don't make it personal. Make reasonable discussion.
    I mean each mob category has a "variety" of mob types until you realize that zombie archers, ancient archers and angry earth archers are basically the same archer just with a different skin. And this variation only exists for "humanoid" mobs, a wolf will always be the same wolf regardless of level or zone (and this is true for those angry earth wolves as much for every other reskinned wolf type).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how long till they add a minimap instead of this fucked up compass shit??? its no longer a pvp-only surivival game
    There is a minimap overlay existing which seems to not interfere with the coding of the game so it's not a bannable offense (Amazon refuses to officially answer this question though).

https://forums.newworld.com/t/new-wo...overlay/327412
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The more I read this thread, the more obvious it is that WoW basically just ruined MMOs for people because they're incapable of playing anything that might be different from it, or accepting that maybe this particular MMO just isn't for them. But, its the new kid on the block, so they feel obligated to play it, even if they hate it and bringing the typical kind of posts that you see already.

Learn to just move on, folks.
    That's why, before I buy a new MMO, I always ask... does it have the content I like? Dungeons/raids i.e. Strong end game pve.

Which is also the reason I never bought this, the leveling was fun and interesting in the open beta, but end game is lacking for someone looking for these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Absolutely. The thing is, it's still in (early) Alpha and not anywhere close to finished. But all of what they've shown in Ashes of Creation is so much more developed and thought through than anything in New World. That's the difference when you have developers that care and burn for their genre vs. developers that just create something to earn money. I'd recommend subscribing to the newsletter, they send out monthly developer letters which are very informative. Plus their developer streams where they go over a specific area they're working on at the moment.
    They also have insane crowd and private funding.

You’d think an Amazon game would have insane funding, but its looking like that wasn’t the case.

Seems like they kind of did what they could with what they had.

Amazon was probably a bit hesitant to really go all in on it due to the massive failures of their previous games where they literally just burned money.

Hopefully, it’s success will get Amazon to feel more comfortable giving the devs more resources.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-10-10 at 02:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You can't participate in the wars if you have a job though. Wars seem to always be at weird times or during work. Wars would be cool if they were happening all of the time like Cyrodil in ESO.
    The defenders pick the time and the attackers pick the day. Could there be a better way? Maybe. My company defended a territory at 6pm yesterday. We attack another one at 4pm tomorrow. I could attend one but probably not the other. It is part of a 24-hour game so it is not a big deal. Playing in the "off hours" can be a pretty big way to gain high zone influence but you can't pick the time if you attack so it counters that a little.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The one thing I did not like the most is that I can not key bind Ctrl+1 instead of Q. I will try changing Q/R/F to 1/2/3 and weapon switch to Q and see if that improves my reaction time.

This has nothing to do with "when the AI works". The evading and blocking are programmed scripts that always happen after a certain time or an enemy reaches a certain HP treshold. Has nothing to do with AI when it's just following a very basic script. That's why every enemy has the exact same pattern and always, in every fight, is doing the exact same thing, no matter what you as a player do. Just look at the wolves, they always act the same way. Engage you - normal attack - normal attack - charged up attack - normal attack - normal attack. This is true for every enemy in game, even dungeon bosses.
    And yet fighting 3-4 mobs at a time will always feel somewhat different because of their movements and ability to keep themselves alive. It's not just a bunch them up and AoE that almost all other MMOs entail.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    And yet fighting 3-4 mobs at a time will always feel somewhat different because of their movements and ability to keep themselves alive. It's not just a bunch them up and AoE that almost all other MMOs entail.
    But it basically is? There is no difference in their movements and ability to keep themselves alive. Every mob has a distinct script that it follows, there is nothing out of the blue or surprising in their actions. Every wolf you encounter will always follow the exact same script, as I said. Every zombie, every ghost will always to the same set of actions, no matter who you are or how you fight.

In the end you exactly do what you said, you're bringing them to a place and AoE them down. The only difference is that mobs can stagger you, that's something you cannot do to them, but besides that the AI is as simple as it gets, always repeating the script that's programmed into them.

Just look at this short clip from 5:51 on (the important part starts at 6:10 - it's the footage shown, not what the guy says):

The mobs don't have a mentionable AI, they follow you (as long as you're the player with the highest level in their aggro range).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The one thing I did not like the most is that I can not key bind Ctrl+1 instead of Q. I will try changing Q/R/F to 1/2/3 and weapon switch to Q and see if that improves my reaction time.
    If your mouse has mouse buttons, I highly suggest binding your weapons to them. That's what I did and it made a massive difference. Weapon 1 is upper, weapon 2 is lower mouse button. Weapon swap is still as clunky as it gets, but way more controlable.

For skills I did the same as you said, got them 1 2 3 while buffood / potions got 4 5 6 7.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-10 at 07:55 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look at this short clip from 5:51 on (the important part starts at 6:10):

thats exactly what i was reffering to 2 days ago.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53417421

this is unprecedented to lock character creation for new players on high pop servers, which are needed for the economy, just because they counldnt handle server issues
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

snip
    How is it unprecedented since MMOs in the past do this on high population servers, if you want to play on a certain server you should of already had a char made on it so its the players own fault for not even logging in once to create a char on a server since you never needed to get into a server to create one.

Its also just a temporary measure, either wait for server transfers or play on a different server.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

thats exactly what i was reffering to 2 days ago.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53417421

this is unprecedented to lock character creation for new players on high pop servers, which are needed for the economy, just because they counldnt handle server issues
    Pretty sure FF14 locks character creation if a server is to busy.
    Its hardly unprecedented.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    New players are not needed for the economy. You don't have to leave zones the same as you would in other games and are encouraged to still do things in the lower zones. Town Board projects scale and sometimes even require you to craft things not found in that zone. Faction quests do offer better rewards in the higher zones but doing them quicker/easier can be beneficial.

And since even high level resources are in the low level zones (or low level in high level zones) it means you can go there to farm. The only thing needed for the game to function properly is activity. So owning one of the starter zones ensures an easier tax income to fund upgrades. Since activity is higher.

Also doesn't the game cap server population at 2,000? So new characters would stop at some point anyways.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Pretty sure FF14 locks character creation if a server is to busy.
    Its hardly unprecedented.
    In context it kinda is.
    If the server economy depends on it and all.

It sounds kinda dumb to do it then.

But the system itself sounds flawed and doesn't fit in the first place.
    You won't have an endless stream of new characters/players. At some point in time they have to change it anyway, so I don't understand why they made it like that in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's why, before I buy a new MMO, I always ask... does it have the content I like? Dungeons/raids i.e. Strong end game pve.

Which is also the reason I never bought this, the leveling was fun and interesting in the open beta, but end game is lacking for someone looking for these things.
    If anything - if you do enjoy the leveling process enough, maybe its smart to atleast enjoy your time with that without rushing it. Reach 60 and later down the road amazon releases new content to do. At that point you are 60 and can jump in at any time!

Just look at this short clip from 5:51 on (the important part starts at 6:10 - it's the footage shown, not what the guy says):
    Showing a footage of one frost gauntlet (the game's frost mage) that is almost 10 levels above that spot he's farming? That doesn't show much on the challenge the game's AI provides over most other MMOs. Ghosts are notoriously annoying with their mobility and element-specific abilities, archer character have their different abilities outside of auto shots, enemies have 2-3 different abilities outside of their auto-attack that matters on when to dodge/block. I could go on but the experience when dealing with tough multipacks especially in elite zones will feel different every time.

I'm not claiming that this is anything close to groundbreaking but it offers far more variety in how to tackle outdoor PvE compared to every other MMO I've played.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

so now im level 52. ive done the same light and heavy attack at least 300k plus times. at level 40 i was at around 100k. i imagine by max level ill use the light attack well over 500-600k times. there is nothing fun about the combat system. the game is great. the combat is absolutely horrid. weapon talent moves are use on CD and do just a tad more damage than a heavy attack. its like no thought was put into the combat. against pve enemy attack, attack, block and/or dodge , attack attack. or attack, attack, special, attack. repeat off CD. every single time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for server transfers so I can get away from the zerg guild that is eating the map with little opposition
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I've been debating worth giving this game a try or buying D2R. Anyone have some honest thoughts after launch of NW?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I've been debating worth giving this game a try or buying D2R. Anyone have some honest thoughts after launch of NW?
    It's okay. For $40 one can get a lot of fun out of it as an adventure game.

The setting is great and rather unique. Everything else is pretty aggressively average.

You gotta kinda vibe with the style and theme of the game to really enjoy it.