Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    so now im level 52. ive done the same light and heavy attack at least 300k plus times. at level 40 i was at around 100k. i imagine by max level ill use the light attack well over 500-600k times. there is nothing fun about the combat system. the game is great. the combat is absolutely horrid. weapon talent moves are use on CD and do just a tad more damage than a heavy attack. its like no thought was put into the combat. against pve enemy attack, attack, block and/or dodge , attack attack. or attack, attack, special, attack. repeat off CD. every single time.
    While the combat system is far from perfect, this is pretty reductive. If you chose a boring weapon and aren't swapping that's on you. It's like playing a demon hunter in wow and complaining because you can afk and do top damage in a dungeon. Pick one with combos and intereactions such as the spear or the rapier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Just look at this short clip from 5:51 on (the important part starts at 6:10 - it's the footage shown, not what the guy says):

The mobs don't have a mentionable AI, they follow you (as long as you're the player with the highest level in their aggro range).
    I’m not going to take the opinion of that guy particularly seriously—he rushed to 60 and is surprised at the lack of endgame.

In New world the endgame is the game. That s it. There’s nothing else. It’s the same RuneScape-with-pretty-graphics all the way through.

If you like that, then play it. Me, I’ll play a few hours at a time while I’m raidlogging in WoW. It’s better content than Korthia.

15+ Year Old Account
    My question is..

Is it time for MMO-Champion to make a page for New World news etc?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    My question is..

Is it time for MMO-Champion to make a page for New World news etc?
    If they haven't done it with FFXIV, they won't do it with NW
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I think many people want/need a WoW 2.0 tbh.
    Good news, you can replay the burning crusade again right now!!!
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I’m not going to take the opinion of that guy particularly seriously—he rushed to 60 and is surprised at the lack of endgame.

In New world the endgame is the game. That s it. There’s nothing else. It’s the same RuneScape-with-pretty-graphics all the way through.
    and I bet you loved slogging through WoW Classic without using player run Boost Services.

"ITS THE JOURNEY NOT THE DESTINATION"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

He basically did not do any of that as he said in the video. He hasn't even reached max level yet, but to know that you would need to watch the video from start to end. New World massively lacks PvE endgame content. But that's not what this video is about. He's talking about in game economy and server structure after Amazon opened so many servers (of which most are already dead or have an active playerbase of <500) and the upcoming transfer / server merges and how they're going to kill server economies and faction ratios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I've been debating worth giving this game a try or buying D2R. Anyone have some honest thoughts after launch of NW?
    Don't buy it for full price unless you are really, really, really into very grindy and repetitive games (because that's 99% of the PvE content). If you like running around a lot (and I mean a lot, a quest basically is 75% running and 25% action) you can give it a shot, if you're very much into Gathering & Crafting as well. But if you're primarily a PvE player you really should think about it again.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-11 at 06:57 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

But it basically is? There is no difference in their movements and ability to keep themselves alive. Every mob has a distinct script that it follows, there is nothing out of the blue or surprising in their actions. Every wolf you encounter will always follow the exact same script, as I said. Every zombie, every ghost will always to the same set of actions, no matter who you are or how you fight.

In the end you exactly do what you said, you're bringing them to a place and AoE them down. The only difference is that mobs can stagger you, that's something you cannot do to them, but besides that the AI is as simple as it gets, always repeating the script that's programmed into them.

Just look at this short clip from 5:51 on (the important part starts at 6:10 - it's the footage shown, not what the guy says):

The mobs don't have a mentionable AI, they follow you (as long as you're the player with the highest level in their aggro range).

- - - Updated - - -

If your mouse has mouse buttons, I highly suggest binding your weapons to them. That's what I did and it made a massive difference. Weapon 1 is upper, weapon 2 is lower mouse button. Weapon swap is still as clunky as it gets, but way more controlable.

For skills I did the same as you said, got them 1 2 3 while buffood / potions got 4 5 6 7.
    Why not use a single key to swap weapons?? Much simpler

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Why not use a single key to swap weapons?? Much simpler
    I didn't do this because weapon swap is incredibly clunky and sometimes you need to hit the button more than once to get it done. If it's the same button for both I'd accidentally swap weapons back and forth and would lose control. That's why I chose to gave both weapons different keybinds.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It’s the same RuneScape-with-pretty-graphics all the way through.
    No it isn't and people need to stop making this comparison, Runescape actually has a full fledged endgame (and tons of it).

(example of one small part of that endgame)

New World and Runescape isn't even close to being like each other. Just because you can cut a tree doesn't make NW like Runescape.

New World lacks content (not just endgame content) and that is due to the fact it was originally made to be a PVP focused MMO.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-10-11 at 08:33 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I've been debating worth giving this game a try or buying D2R. Anyone have some honest thoughts after launch of NW?
    It's a mostly fun and different take on MMOs than anything else really. Not perfect, but pretty solid.

No sub and only $40.

Will only get better.

D2R is fun also, but I only played in for a few days and haven't had much desire to play it since beating normal difficulty.

I'd suggest New World between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It's a mostly fun and different take on MMOs than anything else really. Not perfect, but pretty solid.

No sub and only $40.

Will only get better.

D2R is fun also, but I only played in for a few days and haven't had much desire to play it since beating normal difficulty.

I'd suggest New World between the two.
    yeah its def worth the money. Its a one time cost and right now there no reason to rushing it to 60. Lots of hours can be spendt in the game and you get the values worth of it.

lol imagine being 'VERY worried' about a video game, jeez.

NW won't replace WoW, but its great fun for the price and you can sink many hours into the game which gives it a decent cost/gameplay ratio.

I didn't do this because weapon swap is incredibly clunky and sometimes you need to hit the button more than once to get it done. If it's the same button for both I'd accidentally swap weapons back and forth and would lose control. That's why I chose to gave both weapons different keybinds.
    It's clunky until you realize weapon swap is an action that only happens after you've finished the previous one. That's why swapping weapons during a roll makes it faster. The roll can also be speed up by any action like swapping weapons, sheathing/unsheathing and attacking or using a skill

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    While the combat system is far from perfect, this is pretty reductive. If you chose a boring weapon and aren't swapping that's on you. It's like playing a demon hunter in wow and complaining because you can afk and do top damage in a dungeon. Pick one with combos and intereactions such as the spear or the rapier.
    it's like weapons are any different

rapier is not fun either you just push lmb and abilities on cd

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazon seems to be losing the PR war with the game. A lot of news gaining traction of automated bans from mass reporting. Some seem possible others seem like people did something else and are blaming mass reports as a scapegoat. There are also a lot of exploits that don't seem to be getting anything done. Some are the normal fast spawning game design (like boarsholm). I've heard of others but don't know enough to comment. But they certainly are disruptive at least in the early days of servers where first/fastest to 60 can get faction dominance.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A lot of news gaining traction of automated bans from mass reporting.
    They've said they don't have automated bans and that all bans have a human review them. This is a popular narrative any time folks get banned in games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Amazon seems to be losing the PR war with the game. A lot of news gaining traction of automated bans from mass reporting. Some seem possible others seem like people did something else and are blaming mass reports as a scapegoat. There are also a lot of exploits that don't seem to be getting anything done. Some are the normal fast spawning game design (like boarsholm). I've heard of others but don't know enough to comment. But they certainly are disruptive at least in the early days of servers where first/fastest to 60 can get faction dominance.
    While I'm super skeptic about New World going anywhere more than Eve went, it's really just typical launch vies for such games.

Of course there will be a ton of exploits and nonsense going on, it will take a good year to patch most of it, just like in every such big online game, especially new release and not 500th evolution or expansion.

Can't really blame them for that one - people who jump into new MMO launch should really expect this and it will always be a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They've said they don't have automated bans and that all bans have a human review them. This is a popular narrative any time folks get banned in games.
    Well these human reviews probably are pretty much "automated" too - I bet the minimum wage modern day slaves doing the reviews aren't going to go CSI:Miami over every report - if they see someone having multiple reports they probably just slam that ban button and move on with their backlog of thousands more cases.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's a blatant lie on their part. It's literally financially impossible to have humans review all the bans (it's cheaper to ban all players, shut down game servers and go home). It's always "ban first - human review later" and most bans are automated, especially with the reporting feature. it's one of the primary reasons for the report feature - automated bans, so no need to human review all the reports. Only those that complain about the ban.

People of course may claim they are innocent and it was fake reporting resulting in autoban - but that doesn't mean it's not an autoban due to reporting.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    game daytime isnt synced between players on your server, meaning one player can see the sun shining and the other one can see the moon. why?????????
    was it too hard for them to sync such a simple thing? is that too much to ask for developers to code properly? these kind of little things astonish me.

inb4 it doesnt matter. it DOES matter. visibility makes a big difference for gathering alone.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC