Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    again, i know that, and thats just fucking stupid, only with americans in mind, while WoW does the maintenance AT NIGHT for each region.

ok, guess thats the point where i stop arguing about this. its just retarded and unfair.
    The maint started very early for EU where only a small percentage actually play at that time in the EU, there is not going to be a good time to do maint because there is always ppl playing the game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    US servers are on
    EU servers still offline

no chance to play the game today at all
    guess i wont be able to do even faction dailies before going to my gf

AGAIN - ABSOLUTELY insane we are deprioritised as EU and in our prime time for EU
    reminder there is WAY more european player than americans

im done for today.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The maint started very early for EU where only a small percentage actually play at that time in the EU, there is not going to be a good time to do maint because there is always ppl playing the game.
    11am/12pm/1pm isn't "early". Sure it's middle of the day when many are at work/school, but there's a reason the US maintenance time is 3AM PT. EU should have similar time windows for maintenance, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    11am/12pm/1pm isn't "early". Sure it's middle of the day when many are at work/school, but there's a reason the US maintenance time is 3AM PT. EU should have similar time windows for maintenance, period.
    There are plenty playing at 3 am also so it doesnt really matter what time maint is as someone will not be happy regardless of the time, lots of US playing on EU when its late evening for them at 3 am.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You sound like an angry addict.
    To be fair AGS did apparently say that they would have separate regional maintenance times once beta was over. The amusing part is that if a war happens during the downtime it is auto-resolved in favor of the defenders. The attackers are out 15k and have to restart influence gains. I of course haven't confirmed these but it seems likely. So prime time downtime can screw with faction control as most wars are in prime time from what I can tell.

I'm not even sure if you can set a war for outside of prime time anyways.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nothing whatsoever to do with "honeymooners." I've yet to even buy the game, and haven't played it since the open beta.

It doesn't take rocket science, for most people, to see how this game has been designed.
    But it does take a psychic to know what the devs are wanting to design for the future.

I mean, we can all say "they don't want a themepark and that's ok" or we can say "PVP is the endgame and that's it" or "everything you do till endgame is the content at endgame." And that is operating on what little we know, and play of the game, right now.

But without any real statements of WHAT they are really shooting for - everyone here is also just 'guessing' that what they think the game is suppose to be, is what it /will/ be.

We can all THINK they aren't shooting for a "pure themepark" MMORPG. We can all think "they aren't going to turn endgame into raids and dungeons like WoW." But we really don't KNOW that because the PVE aspect of the game is so under-developed/unfinished (whatever term you want to use). We can all say that and in two weeks the Amazon devs might announce their plans for 12 level 60 5 man dungeons and 4 raids - we just don't know because they've not been clear. Whether because they don't think its important, because they don't know, or because they don't want to share yet (for variety of reasons) - we have no idea. But we still don't really know.

We know what this game was originally meant to be. We know they pivoted and want to at least, in some part, not make it 100% PVP. And that's really ALL we know.

Whether that's a problem for the individual player is up to them of course. For me, I've done my decades of hoping game devs are making the game I "thought" they were making only to find it never launch or launch and change (or become $$ money hell). This game has launched - and the plans are still 'up in the air' other than 'they need to make money now.' So for me - until the game is actually closer to a state of 'this is what the game ACTUALLY IS" and we KNOW what that is in reality - i'm just watching to see what direction it goes.

I mean even for an RVR game - we still don't really know what their plans are for how they WANT that to work, in reality. Pretty sure this isn't the final version though - because seems the pvp system right now is easy to game and too much to lose/leave in frustration over (if lost). I mean that's fine - it is launch after all - I expect that stuff to get worked out by the numbers to what it 'needs' to be. But we don't even know what the devs WANT it to look like - when its running and working 'fair'. And TESO has been working these "open pvp in a zone" numbers, stats, gears, abilities for 5+ years now, only to still be reworking (and breaking) the system from patch to patch.

I already have several 'old standard' MMORPGs that are great 'for the journey'. Where they have all the PVE content and have for years - and you have /dozens/ of craft schools to level up and /dozens/ of weapon schools and all the things you could ever want to chop down and ores to combine - and no one is in a rush nor have they been in a decade. Where the community may be small, but usually supportive and mature in chat because everyone is there 'enjoying the journey' and aren't looking for the WoW endgame. Everything 'good' people talk about now with this game - I've already got in several other 'niche' MMORPGs - this is already out there and live and has been for years. I can go all the way back to Horizons/Istaria and still play THIS crafting/building/experiencing the game journey - a niche game that maybe only has 2 actual devs who keep it open, but its still open and still has an active community playing. I have Secret World for 'free with hundreds of hours of finished PVE storyline flushed-content and can play though as slow as I want with no pressure. There are games that have already done this and done it well and I've got my hours already invested. So until NW actually progresses into...whatever its going to be in its 'final form' I see no reason to jump in now. (And for anyone else enjoying a slower paced, not end-game centric MMO, go exploring - there are other MMOs out there while you wait for NW to release more content.)
    Last edited by Koriani; 2021-10-13 at 05:49 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

If anyone is thinking about getting this game, here is an honest review that you really should watch before buying. It’s constructive and it’s possibly helping you to either buy or not buy this game:

New World is gold-plated plastic is a great way to describe the game as it’s the quintessence of what the game represents (he used this term in the review).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-13 at 09:28 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

ah yes the guy who's first impression video was made on a toaster.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If anyone is thinking about getting this game, here is an honest review that you really should watch before buying. It’s constructive and it’s possibly helping you to either buy or not buy this game:

New World is gold-plated plastic is a great way to describe the game as it’s the quintessence of what the game represents (he used this term in the review).
    I understand you dislike the game, but how many times do we have to read you shitting on it
    Honestly, every post you've made is to discourage people from playing

Let them decide by themselves already
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2021-10-14 at 12:39 AM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

When the video starts out with "Don't worry, this isn't clickbait." in the first minute...yeah. I'm sorta familiar with JSH but have never been really impressed with his videos, they largely seem to lean on him repeating the same thing 5-6 different ways which grates on me and feels like he's trying to "sound smart" which kinda undermines some points he's tried to make.

Listening through...

Some of it sounds like "him" problems like, "I couldn't name a faction leader because I never read their text!" like...no duh? I can't either because I haven't read the text, but why complain about it if you admit it's because you didn't even read? But overall fair points, I think he's overselling some of them a bit, and it seems like he's expecting NW to essentially be a bit of an "Everything" MMO which it's not aiming to be, but he hits on mostly fair criticisms at their core.

A few bits that stuck out to me -

"Game made without love" - Fuck. Off. Seriously, fuck off with this shit. Love doesn't pay the bills, budgets do, and you may have endless love but you don't have endless budgets are time. He has a fair point in critiquing the lack of variety in settlements, but attributing that to "a lack of love" over say, deadlines and budget constraints making the team unable to create truly unique layouts for each city, is where it crosses the line for me. Amazon may pay good, but you don't get into game development for the money. It's brutal, the hours are insane, the players are toxic, and you can make more using your skills in other fields. You also may not specifically love the game you're working on, which happens, you can't control that all the time. A feeling many of us who don't love our jobs or may enjoy our jobs but not some of the projects we work on, can understand while also knowing that they, and we, still do our best on it. Developers make games because they love making games, if they didn't they'd be getting paid more with less mandatory overtime in crunch mode.

I'm still not entirely sold on the mass report autoban stuff, especially since we've seen some of them are clearly false like the thread I linked earlier. Haven't found any "mainstream news" articles about it, just gaming media reporting on some of the reddit threads which isn't remotely surprising. Why? Because NW articles were getting insane traffic for sites at launch to the point where they pulled editors off of other beats/projects to focus on generating articles for and covering New World.

He also showed the thread I linked to a few days back where OP complains of this and was apparently called out multiple times in the comments for one of their companies videos including them discussing an exploit (that they seemed to be engaged in, especially given how much territory their faction and company had given their numerical disadvantage) and keeping quiet about so they wouldn't get banned. It's this thread, scroll down a bit in comments - https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam..._escalated_to/

Overall, he remains one of the better "MMO dudes" I've encountered on YouTube in terms of he actually knows what the fuck he's talking about for the most part, but I'm still not much of a fan of him and his style.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    what you describe here is far from normal, the chances of getting an Azoth drop from killing enemies is pretty low (~20% imho), and while doing rifts gives a guaranteed 20 per rift you would need to do a full map worth of rifts to get the Azoth you claimed above, also the Azoth vials are extremely rare to get, u have had a total of 3 in my ~90 hours play time, so you're well above average i would say on drops, you also don't state if you're using tools with the perk on it that has a chance to grant Azoth when gathering with them, so just gonna assume you do based on how you describe your gameplay session, which obviously the person you are quoting doesn't have that.
    Yes, I do use items with azoth % chance on them but also I am at max level. You get more than 20 AZ from rifts, I think it's 50 or so.

I find killing the mobs gives a good return. Maybe you don't notice if you are only killing enemies here and there as you run around. But you will if you go hard or are terminating an area like bear dens, an entire grove of dryads/angry earth, all the north of the map, etc.

I was in a kill train last night till 1 am running Weavers to Morningdale. We demloished everything in our path with a group of like 30 or so. Working on my Life staff mastery as a side gig, I was full Azoth in less than an hour.

You can't complain about not getting Azoth if just expecting it gifted to you from the heavens. I am always going to assume a player is playing the game well relative to their complaints about the operation of the game. Not using tools with azoth extraction or similar mods is of course going to put you area deficit over time.

It's like the storage complaint; you have thousands of lbs of storage in each town. There is no gear sink at max level either. But you are wasting cards on like trading tax or something stupid- that's your choice. It's not you don't have the option to have storage in huge amounts.

i personally run out of Azoth regularly, the other day i was forced to move all of my crafting mats from one town to another due to the fact the company in control of the zone i was in weren't doing the upgrade missions and the crafting stations were stagnating, so i moved to a new town where everything is lvl3/4+, that took a huge amount of Azoth going back and forth constantly until I had moved everything.
    I am always capped out on Azoth. I have to travel just to travel to "waste" it a few times a day.

Some beginner tips for low levels on Azoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    lol if they do that im done with this game

as some poster previously said, it looks like they want to add storage (among other things) as microtransactions. actually FORCE THEM DOWN YOUR THROAT. holy shit
    Bro, are you actually sure you understand how the storage works in this game? I am doubtful...

- - - Updated - - -

When the video starts out with "Don't worry, this isn't clickbait." in the first minute...yeah.
    Aside from SWTOR and GW1, I am unaware of any story in any MMO even existing. Legitimately, I did not know there are MMORPGs with "central narratives" as described in that (clearly clickbait) video. LMAO
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-14 at 01:31 AM.

lvl 26/27 still having fun getting lost in the world for 1-2 hrs a day ... i still can't say why I enjoy the game I just do, but no game in years has got just lost into the world, even WoW lost that since WoD. I fully admit to going into the game with low expectations and not expecting the game to hold my attention for more than a couple of days but here we are. will that change probably but I've already got more than 40.00 worth out of it and that's what counts. I'm curious to see how amazon grows the game and as a game company.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Uh, this patch sucks. They broke my sweet, sweet farming spots.

Edit: 100 gold for one stick of Cinnamon? FUCK YOU
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-10-14 at 07:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know the story was pretty much an after thought but the more I see of the zones the more it becomes clear that they could have had a good story if they just worked on it a little bit more. Each part of the game competes against itself and feels like they are all in their own bubble. The main factions seem seem to be "European", "Pirates" and "Chinese". Spain was mentioned as well as a middle east fleet but they were among the lost I believe.

The angry earth could have remained the same. The "natives" that came to life and got diseased. Corrupted are the main threat. Lost the "normal" threat. And the warring factions could have been the ones referenced in the story. We could have had better gear and stuff as well for faction themes. A magical melting pot of seafaring cultures.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I understand you dislike the game, but how many times do we have to read you shitting on it
    Honestly, every post you've made is to discourage people from playing

Let them decide by themselves already
    And that’s exactly why I linked that video. How about discussing the points raised there?

- - - Updated - - -

Overall, he remains one of the better "MMO dudes" I've encountered on YouTube in terms of he actually knows what the fuck he's talking about for the most part, but I'm still not much of a fan of him and his style.
    Because he is calm, elaborate and criticizing instead of hating? It’s not like his points are the main criticism the game receives by basically everyone who is watching the game from a valid perspective without rose-colored glasses. I mean it’s hard to disagree with his points when they are just valid criticism and nowhere close to simply hating the game. All of his points are just exactly how the game is.

And you can easily see the difference of a soulless game from a game that was build with passion. New World clearly was developed by a company and developers without any passion. The copy & paste aspect of the game makes this very clear. The lack of lore makes this very clear. The lack of afterthought about most of the game design makes this very clear.

Have all of you saying how great this game is realized that NO NPC in this game is actually doing anything? No NPC is walking around. No NPC is working. No NPC is interacting with another NPC or with the world at all. Every NPC is a lifeless puppet. And you think this game has a soul? NPCs are just there to fill the world (and you basically don’t even find NPCs outside of the main towns besides one or two lifeless quest givers on the streets), but instead of making the world a living world, they are just making the world even more desolate by how they don’t interact with anything. Lifeless puppets populate the New World and it’s tragic how immersion breaking this is. But I’m sure you’ll give me just another excuse why these dead NPCs are actually good for the game - I’m eagerly awaiting it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-14 at 07:17 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean it’s hard to disagree with his points when they're just valid criticism and nowhere close to simply hating the game.
    Nah. It's easy to disagree with all his points because they are subjective and speculative. He says it himself in the video; these are just his opinions on what he feels is important and what he thinks might happen.

I am subbed to his channel for awhile and he's pretty keen on emphasizing these are just his personal views in many videos. He also clearly states his biases and preferences in the genre plenty as well. That's all great.

That doesn't make him right in his opinion anymore than others. Nor is his opinion "objective" because he has an accent and said a few points calmly in differing ways.

New World is just a game, like any other. You play it for fun and entertainment. That varies by person.

If you put your $49 down and play it for 10 months or 10 years, great. Good for you.

Didn't like it, burned out, or just indifferent? That's great too. There are thousands of other games you can play too for the same cost or less.

No one is "right" about what is fun. No one has to play New World in perpetuity. Devs don't have to make games just how you want them in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    They dont, its how they started playing though.

Its many different aspects but as two examples.

The not so skilled players take longer to do things therefor there is this delusion of content, when in reality it has been mostly the same since forever, this is a trend i noticed with the last 4 expansions, the complains start coming pretty much always around the 4th-5month of any expansion launch, cause the things they are supposed to farm the first month, takes the majority 4-5 months, and eventually you either raid, or quit the game, thats how the game is.

Then you have the new players combined with low skill, that start with the casual things, leveling, trying to understand what the hell are all these systems, transmog run, mounts, PvP, random quests, that were relevant 5 years ago, or are generally irrelevant to the game.

So they do play 24/7 365 days a year, because they dont know the actual game, and it has so many things to discover and learn and do, but eventually, even if it takes them 5 months, 1 year, 3 years, or whatever time to discover what they like doing, eventually it runs out, and they keep wanting that feeling back.

I have seen it multiple times cause of net cafe culture and a lot of different people of the younger generation starting WoW, spending up to a year of playing the game, and doing transmog runs and irrelevant running around before they realize there is more to it, some rise up to the game and start the progression game/getting better, and others simply keep going at it for a bit longer, trying to get those last mounts that havent dropped, and eventually fade out of the game for the next game of their generation thats famous at the time, or with their friends.

People dont seem to want to accept that you are literally supposed to

a)Level to max.

b)Gear Progress through dungeons.

c)Do the content that will provide you , your endgear (GEAR BEING THE IMPORTANT PART OF THE SENTENCE) game goal.

D)Quit or wait for the game to go back to C, aka patch.

E)Repeat D.

F)Go back to A cause expansion released.

And everything else is simply just irrelevant content to mix in some RPG aspect.

Its like PUBG as example, the goal is to survive and be the last when the circle closes, how you do it is your thing, but because you can drive the cars around, it doesnt make it a racing game because it has cars, the start and the end of the game is one and the same.

People dont seem to want to accept this for WoW, because they didnt start doing that when they started the game.
    While I can somewhat agree with the notion that all that counts is endgame activites, its a bit more complicated than that. As you said alot of people collect Tmog, mounts or whatever. I think a good MMORPG should have a variety of content to do for various a different players. For some its endgame and awesome to finally have a certain mount drop or complete a set. Others its doing pet battles and other stuff.

That said - Theres gotta be a problem with how the game present itself if new wow players rather go and do old content for mounts/tmog than doing endgame activites.

"irrelevant" in a MMORPG is a bit weird to say, cause what really matters in such a game? Gear you collect now, matters nothing next xpac etc.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    That said - Theres gotta be a problem with how the game present itself if new wow players rather go and do old content for mounts/tmog than doing endgame activites.

"irrelevant" in a MMORPG is a bit weird to say, cause what really matters in such a game? Gear you collect now, matters nothing next xpac etc.
    Irrelevant because the game has changed over the years from a design "flaw" from way back in TBC.

They figured that people coming back, able to catch up in a couple of weeks on their own if they so wish, is more relevant to game health than having attunements and after a few expansions, that people will follow the linear progression.

Of course this evolved over the years to a full gear reset on every patch, whether thats good or bad, i dont know, i consider it good cause it allows people to become useful to the active "relevant" content, with me putting minimal effort, compared to having to spend my time going back and doing content i did 50 times already, because i have to unlock the active content for my friends.

So yes, the game design resets pretty much anything gear related every patch, because people coming back are more important than whine manchildren on forums.

What new players do, is their thing and the stuff they watch, when someone reads reddit, or on here to get their knowledge, of course they are gonna be an irrelevant transmog runner turning WoW-Hater for a year, because thats what these places are.

If he got his info about the game from a decent player or /CompetitiveWoW as example, they turn into a completely different breed of player.

The game has its own path in the Shift+J, when you log on, telling you what to do next etc, so the path is there, its just skipped for different reasons for every player.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nah. It's easy to disagree with all his points because they are subjective and speculative. He says it himself in the video; these are just his opinions on what he feels is important and what he thinks might happen.

I am subbed to his channel for awhile and he's pretty keen on emphasizing these are just his personal views in many videos. He also clearly states his biases and preferences in the genre plenty as well. That's all great.

That doesn't make him right in his opinion anymore than others. Nor is his opinion "objective" because he has an accent and said a few points calmly in differing ways.

New World is just a game, like any other. You play it for fun and entertainment. That varies by person.

If you put your $49 down and play it for 10 months or 10 years, great. Good for you.

Didn't like it, burned out, or just indifferent? That's great too. There are thousands of other games you can play too for the same cost or less.

No one is "right" about what is fun. No one has to play New World in perpetuity. Devs don't have to make games just how you want them in every aspect.
    Players chew through games like its nothing these days. Heck, theres been complete guides for literally every aspect of NW even before release. Best leveling, best weapons, best proff leveling+++. In that sense, I think alot of people got this game, played it like a metaslave and realised the game actually has endgame activity issues - therefore nothing to do.

The good thing about this payment method is that you can put it away right now and play it again in 6+ months without having to sub up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Aside from SWTOR and GW1, I am unaware of any story in any MMO even existing. Legitimately, I did not know there are MMORPGs with "central narratives" as described in that (clearly clickbait) video. LMAO

ESO. technically WoW. I mean even GW2 has an overreaching story arch. Secret world. off the top of my head anyways.

from what I can tell, New world seems more about exploring gorgeous environments and emergent play with other people. which is fine. doesn't mean there aren't plenty of MMO's that put narratives at the center.