So I'm trying the game out. Got to level 21 and put some time in to level most of my trade skills to at least 50. Combat is engaging at least. Much better than WoW's "do the same thing for every mob who attacks the same and poses no threat to you every time". But I do find myself just logging out until my Inn teleport cd is up because there's so much mindless running involved in this game. Don't get me wrong, there's the normal plenty of problems present that should have never made it even remotely close to beta, let alone live. Not being able to look at your inventory while moving is one. The other being how screwed up aggro is. I can literally attract some mobs, drag them over a player, and the mobs will attack said player who hasn't even done a single thing to them, could even be afk.

Also hear a lot of this game is around world pvp, which isn't exactly comforting. Those types of games seem bound to fail. I'm sure as hell not engaging in any pvp battles when the run back would take 10+ mins. And gear durability loss on death too? Jesus, what were the devs thinking. Does not bode well for the future of this game.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-10-23 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im kinda lost in this game.
    Running around gathering and killing stuff is fun.
    I could do this for hours

The problem is what do i actually do with all this crap?
    When my storage gets full the fuck do i do now. Obvioulsly get more storage space but that requires buying houses with money i dont have to store all the crap i picked up.
    The problem is i cant do shit with any of this crap everything i could craft is missing 1 ingredient. The otherthing is none of this garbage sells. Its like wow i collected 3000 gold ore and have fuck all to do with it. Then if i go silver hunting so i can use this gold ill find a bunch of other garbage but have no space to put it. Then instead of being full of goldore its full of some other crap that im missing shit to actually use.
    This isnt fun.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post

When my storage gets full the fuck do i do now. Obvioulsly get more storage space but that requires buying houses with money i dont have to store all the crap i picked up.
    The problem is i cant do shit with any of this crap everything i could craft is missing 1 ingredient. The otherthing is none of this garbage sells. Its like wow i collected 3000 gold ore and have fuck all to do with it. Then if i go silver hunting so i can use this gold ill find a bunch of other garbage but have no space to put it. Then instead of being full of goldore its full of some other crap that im missing shit to actually use.
    This isnt fun.
    Hmmm, I've yet to come across enough gold veins to have an amount that I can no longer store, but I guess you either have to keep try selling it, or just craft things with it you can sell/salvage? Not really sure to be honest. Hopefully someone with more game experience can give you better advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post

This isnt fun.
    Gold silver and plat are mainly used in jewerly where you can make a ton of gold if you level that up and sell good accessory slots, if you dont plan on leveling it up then the resources are just gonna take space, put it on the TP and it should sell or move the resource to a settlement storage you are not using.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Hmmm, I've yet to come across enough gold veins to have an amount that I can no longer store, but I guess you either have to keep try selling it, or just craft things with it you can sell/salvage? Not really sure to be honest. Hopefully someone with more game experience can give you better advice.
    Gold doesn't sell well on its own. But you use gold as an enhancement to higher crafts. I am a max-level jewel crafter, and my stuff sells really well because I enhance with higher-tier materials rather than the base. So my amulets have a really high gear score.

If you pay attention you will see a lot of mid to high-level crafted items have only mid-range stats and gear score. That is because most people will craft their jewelry or whatever with just the base materials. Like pure silver. That's fine but they are not using the system smartly.

I'm almost maxed out on tailoring and I also enhance my crafts. I can tell you my bags sell from like 10k each and I make like 2 a day.

I am mega-rich because I didn't play like a fool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Gold doesn't sell well on its own. But you use gold as an enhancement to higher crafts. I am a max-level jewel crafter, and my stuff sells really well because I enhance with higher-tier materials rather than the base. So my amulets have a really high gear score.

If you pay attention you will see a lot of mid to high-level crafted items have only mid-range stats and gear score. That is because most people will craft their jewelry or whatever with just the base materials. Like pure silver. That's fine but they are not using the system smartly.

I'm almost maxed out on tailoring and I also enhance my crafts. I can tell you my bags sell from like 10k each and I make like 2 a day.

20k a day?? Blimey. I want in on this ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    wow. mourningdale is just slightly different windsward. just wow
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Each zone in WoWs last several expansions are tiny and most dont even have any extra depth bar a few caves and such, even most of revendreth is just for show and only takes 5 mins to get from its 2 furthest points in all zones.
    Is that mounted travel time or on foot? Because if you are judging a zones scale based on mount speed you are missing the point. I haven't played SL, so you might be right. Just trying to compare apples to apples.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not having a cross server group finder sucks if you are on a lower pop server and want a end-game group. Most of the time I find there is nothing for me to do but grind crafting/gathering because no groups for the end-game watermark grind.

It also feels like this is just a beta given how much of the game is broken. Amber gems don't scale properly, faction gear applies all damage reduction rather then just crit damage. You can't trust any of the perks/text for stuff because sometimes it applies, sometimes it doesn't. Some of these issues have existed since Beta testing from what I've read since I didn't follow the game really prior to release. No real communication or "plan" to fix or address this stuff is really an issue to. It almost feels like they had no plan besides cashing in on the product to pump and dump.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Is that mounted travel time or on foot? Because if you are judging a zones scale based on mount speed you are missing the point. I haven't played SL, so you might be right. Just trying to compare apples to apples.
    Thats on foot, the zones are compact but since the world doesnt really matter the size doesnt matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Where do you get the rare mats required? Farm yourself / buy / company?

Played this game to max level and still grinding everyday , I found new respect to blizzard. even more than after also playing FF14 to max level the months before new world.

World of warcraft is really polished, even with its issues. I always took smooth questing, lots of end game content and rich story as given. But specially with new world i learned to respect blizzards devs again.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Played this game to max level and still grinding everyday , I found new respect to blizzard. even more than after also playing FF14 to max level the months before new world.

World of warcraft is really polished, even with its issues. I always took smooth questing, lots of end game content and rich story as given. But specially with new world i learned to respect blizzards devs again.
    Same here... And this happened to me to many times already... I also realise just how much work Blizz puts in little things that make so much difference. Sure, there are problems with wow, blizz etc. But I just can't understand how all this new mmo devs don't know how to improve on WOW or any other MMO, instead they are always reinventing the wheel... Or copy the wrong stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Same here... And this happened to me to many times already... I also realise just how much work Blizz puts in little things that make so much difference. Sure, there are problems with wow, blizz etc. But I just can't understand how all this new mmo devs don't know how to improve on WOW or any other MMO, instead they are always reinventing the wheel... Or copy the wrong stuff.
    Companies dont want to risk it all to make something completely new, the only game that is currently doing something very risky is star citizen, thats why we dont get any new MMOs that are all that much different, New World has a solid base and will require work to develop into something even better, no MMO can be launched on day 1 with everything it needs.

Hit the 30's and crafting takes a nosedive now I know why I see so many high-level mats around the world vs say Iron.. man they need to fix it so base level materials are not needed for higher-level crafting. now to figure out how to store all these high level stuff lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    man they need to fix it so base level materials are not needed for higher-level crafting.
    "fix"?
    Definitely not. The best part of the crafting system in New World is that you always need the base materials.

Obviously the ratio between the materials should be adjusted a bit by basically making the low tier materials drop more per gathering.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Companies dont want to risk it all to make something completely new, the only game that is currently doing something very risky is star citizen, thats why we dont get any new MMOs that are all that much different, New World has a solid base and will require work to develop into something even better, no MMO can be launched on day 1 with everything it needs.
    The only thing that should be missing from an MMO on launch is CONTENT. As in it should have enough content to fill the leveling process and get people started on end-game goals (whatever they want that to be... could be earning rank for epeen, could be amassing wealth to have a badass house, could be ye olde carrot on a stick for gear).

Otherwise, it should all already be there. Systems fleshed out. Combat where they want it. All convenience features, etc. Evolution of the core of the game should not be among the "needs."

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    The only thing that should be missing from an MMO on launch is CONTENT. As in it should have enough content to fill the leveling process and get people started on end-game goals (whatever they want that to be... could be earning rank for epeen, could be amassing wealth to have a badass house, could be ye olde carrot on a stick for gear).

Otherwise, it should all already be there. Systems fleshed out. Combat where they want it. All convenience features, etc. Evolution of the core of the game should not be among the "needs."
    Not even WoW can release new fleshed out systems, they cant even release content that is actually tuned or PvP that is actualy balanced, not every game needs convience features not everything should be easy to do in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrYesbody View Post
    I would not say that they are not where they want the game to be, they probably got what they wanted for the game. What they delivered is still something different, it's simply trash, especially in the endgame as said a lot of times.
    But that is the problem. Games like this never survived for a long time. These ideas don't work. And the Spiral for New World is going down, not only is the amount of players playing it on a steady decline, but comparing the last two weekends, the game was played 4 Million hours (!) less worldwide.
    WoW loses just as many players in its first few months probably alot more, New World is not a game that everyone will enjoy but it will have more than enough of a playerbase to keep it going.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not even WoW can release new fleshed out systems, they cant even release content that is actually tuned or PvP that is actualy balanced, not every game needs convience features not everything should be easy to do in a game.
    How about we just settle for releasing a game with out major bugs? How about we just settle for a game where 2/3rds of the "end game" hasn't been broken or disabled since launch? The game needed more time in beta. This seems to be going the way of the last game Amazon Games released. Where they launched, turned out to be a mess, went back into beta, and then got canceled. Will New World go back into beta? Doubtful. But if they don't really start to fix the problems it will just be abandoned all the quicker.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

WoW loses just as many players in its first few months probably alot more, New World is not a game that everyone will enjoy but it will have more than enough of a playerbase to keep it going.
    New World is bleeding 100k players per week at the moment. I'm not sure about that, especially due to the fact that Amazon achieved to fix none of the issues that plagued this game four weeks ago. It's a constant back and forth with their fixes while nothing is eventually achieved. They made zero progress from launch to now and that's a massive no go.

WoW can lose its players, nobody cares about 17 years honestly. New World is a brand new IP and they're still headed towards rock bottom before the playerbase normalizes. We're not there yet.

Thats on foot, the zones are compact but since the world doesnt really matter the size doesnt matter.
    WoW zones are not compact, they're pretty massive. WoW has compact zones, but they're usually the ones added later like Korthia or Timeless Isle. Base (expansion) zones are very huge. Should we compare zones in WoW and New World, how long it takes to run from West to East or North to South? Unfortunately I don't have an active WoW account right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How about we just settle for releasing a game with out major bugs? How about we just settle for a game where 2/3rds of the "end game" hasn't been broken or disabled since launch? The game needed more time in beta. This seems to be going the way of the last game Amazon Games released. Where they launched, turned out to be a mess, went back into beta, and then got canceled. Will New World go back into beta? Doubtful. But if they don't really start to fix the problems it will just be abandoned all the quicker.
    The funniest thing is, exactly the complaints that are filling the forum right now are complaints we as Alpha testers had back in early 2020. It's the same issues with the mechanics and in parts even the exact same bugs they didn't get rid of in the last 20 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    "fix"?
    Definitely not. The best part of the crafting system in New World is that you always need the base materials.

Obviously the ratio between the materials should be adjusted a bit by basically making the low tier materials drop more per gathering.
    If your tier 1 mats are way more expensive than your tier 4/5 mats, the system is flawed if not to say outright broken. Additionally it adds an unholy amount of fatigue to crafting which is, based on the results you get out of it, completely against the entire system.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-25 at 04:09 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again