15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Lucky you. It seems like the issue is as simple as it’s silly. Europeans use , and Americans use . to separate numbers. So instead granting them 3000,00 coins they just got 300.000. At least that’s what I read as explanation. And that’s why only Europeans are affected.
    Lol that's embarrassing. I mean I can understand it happening, but damn it feels rather amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    New World gives me that Age of Reckoning launch feeling. I thought the core gameplay loop of Age of Reckoning was terrific and the setting phenomenal. Same thoughts I have with NW; solid gameplay loop & a great setting. Once Age of Reckoning was released for everyone, each week brought a new (embarrassingly bad) glitch, bug, imbalance or not-totally-working mechanic.

I played and enjoyed the hell out of New World for $40. I would like to play NW more often were it not for the tidal wave of server affecting bugs every week.
    Same, I feel I've played enough to get my moneys worth out of this (and as I said before, thank fuck there was no sub fee lol) but it's definitely getting tiresome with the week in week out bugs and server downtime. I still plan to log in occasionally when the servers are online but unless something drastically changes I doubt I'll be fully active in this game.

just saw a 25% sale on steam for new world ... for a game that was released a couple of months back and doesnt have a monthly subscription, this looks bad.

maybe im reading too much into it though ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    just saw a 25% sale on steam for new world ... for a game that was released a couple of months back and doesnt have a monthly subscription, this looks bad.

Well, 75% of initial player base left, so it's understandable. Wont beat F76 going on sale, though! Few months past release they were adding that game for free to controllers or w/e.:v
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-24 at 09:28 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, 75% of initial player-base left, so it's understandable. Wont beat F76 going on sale, though! Few months past release they were adding that game for free to controllers or w/e.:v
    Lol I remember that, I got a copy of Fallout 76 with my Xbox controller and never used it. Unfortunately I couldn't sell it either because it was worth <$5.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

probably because there's this autumn sale going on.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account

As much as I love to joke about this game, that's just because of Black Friday sales.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Steam Autum sale just began. It's Thanksgiving, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is most fun I ever had from a game without buying it. 11/10, would not buy again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This game is most fun I ever had from a game without buying it. 11/10, would not buy again.
    Nah, F76 still beats it. NW shit fest is contained within the game, back then it spilled outside with duffle bag fail and people getting doxed.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What an incredibly sad existence this is to read about.
    In contrast to the game I am doing fine, thank you.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think this is funny and fun.

So...I guess they just made crafting a ton more grindy?

Seeing the notes with them talking about reducing XP for crafting lower tier stuff to "encourage" folks to craft higher tier stuff. Which is dumb, the added XP from crafting higher tier stuff was already the incentive, but if you don't have the mats for it players often end up continuing to use lower level mats to progress.

And supposedly getting from 150-200 is also much harder, with a huge addition of higher level mats needed for that stretch of the grind.

I've been more harsh on management vs. the dev team, but this is just...why? What are they thinking? Do they think making the crafting grind LONGER is going to boost retention or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is funny and fun.
    It's like when gamigo added "giant critter bosses" to Rift...except actually seems kinda funny.

Man, I need to get back into the game again, put it on hold for Vermintide 2 and some BF2042/Halo. Maybe I'll finally find a group for Amaranthe or whatever that first dungeon is, I seem to have no luck since I missed the big wave of folks leveling up and running it. There never seemed to be anyone on/running it when I've played, so I'm just over-leveled and still working on clearing out side missions in some of the lower level zones in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account
    which graphical setting is responsible for antialiasing?

also what changes were made to housing? u can port to them whenever now, even without paying taxes? only trophy bonuses are locked behind rent now or what?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam...k_starting_in/

So...my understanding of the HWM system is: You basically need to grind drops (chests/mobs) to slowly raise your HWM score for each slot once you hit max level. And it's a bit of a grind.

Fine and all, but apparently in 2022 they're normalizing gear to your HWM score so you can't buy/craft gear stronger than what you can find in drops? I mean, I get it to a point since that sorta invalidated the system a bit (though still forced you to progress through it so you can start getting other drops you may want), but I don't see how this will improve the overall experience, especially for existing players who will see a drop in power.

I always kinda assumed that was part of the point of crafting at max level, to be able to craft yourself better gear than you can find via drops. But apparently not?

Granted, I just really looked into what the HWM system is and man...it just sounds awful. Not looking forward to that, but at least I know I won't be "pushing gearscore" so it'll just be a background announce.

The HWM system is one of the poorest game design ideas I have ever seen.

NEW PTR stuff: https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/...ags-MediaPopup

The HWM system is one of the poorest game design ideas I have ever seen.

NEW PTR stuff: https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/...ags-MediaPopup
    I don't think that beats the original XP reductions, and eventual inability to earn XP, the longer you played each day in FFXIV 1.0

Gypsum system seems needlessly convoluted as a result of the shit design of the HWM system, but at least it will help players who are having no luck getting certain pieces of gear to drop to increase those HWM slots.

Aptitude sounds rad though, love repeatable systems like that.

And cool, more quests. I mean they've got tons of issues to fix and they're creating even more next year with the nonsense from above, but at least the updates seem pretty good in terms of content so far.

Looks like it is back to WoW for me, because of the way mob tagging works - my HWM is only around 503, so 1.2 drops and I get an immediate -90 on all my gear.

1.1 made solo content too hard, so I bought gear at 60 (a week ago) to make solo content possible - 1.2 will revert me back to pre level 60 and also kill the 8000 coin I spent in the last week.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't think that beats the original XP reductions, and eventual inability to earn XP, the longer you played each day in FFXIV 1.0
    I didn't say it was the worst. But one of the poorest. Before the rework, FFXIV was one of the worst MMOs I ever played at the time. Just terrible- it would give me a headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    this game is fucking dead
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam...k_starting_in/

Ye, I dunno man. It's like they actively want to nuke their own game.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-12-03 at 05:55 PM.