Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think AGS just need to realize where their strength is and become a full-time publisher and just stop embarrassing themselves with games development.
    After they made a fortune on New World? That wouldn't be a smart move.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the name of the game which is broken in every new patch?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Glad I quit somewhere around lvl 35. What a total and utter shitshow. Sad though, cause the game has(had?) something going for it.

What I find most shocking about NW is how they set up the gearing process at max level. I mean WTF? Run around and loot chests for watermark shite? DAFUQ is that kind of shit? Whats even worse, why the F would anyone do that?
    like i said above, it's likely due to either the developers being too young to have played older games that used that sort of system as a staple before it got ridiculed and dropped like a lead balloon, and older people in management roles that still think it's a good idea, perfect storm happens and the system gets implemented.

I really loved the game. In the beta I decided housing and furnishing, that's my thing.

But everytime I logged in there was something why I couldn't do it.
    The AH was locked multiple times, trading was locked, you couldn't place stuff in your house.

And now that everything is fixed, it's feels like furnishing has no value at all anymore. Everyone and their mother has duped so much gold they sell chests below the price of the pvp tokens. The AH is flooded with the things I wanted to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    like i said above, it's likely due to either the developers being too young to have played older games that used that sort of system as a staple before it got ridiculed and dropped like a lead balloon, and older people in management roles that still think it's a good idea, perfect storm happens and the system gets implemented.
    I mean.. Even if thats the reason for it, its still shocking a modern day MMORPG would go this route at endgame. Its just insane. This game would have been something very different at endgame if they had 3+ BGs, more dungeons and even a raid. The raid itself at launch didnt need to be big either, just something. Slap in a few corrupted dudes in there. Have the raid on a weekly reset, dungeons on daily reset. Let people farm random bgs for decent gear, organiced pvp for best gear. Toss in requirements for prof materials for certain items.

I think the playerbase would have been more forgiving if AGC launched the game with less endgame content instead of this shite system.

I dunno, something like that. But now what they have now, thats for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    After they made a fortune on New World? That wouldn't be a smart move.
    Made fortune?

I'm not sure it even covered their expenses, let alone the $$ it will take to fix that shit.

They can make that and more by simply becoming a publisher for games not made by pepegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Made fortune?

I'm not sure it even covered their expenses, let alone the $$ it will take to fix that shit.

They can make that and more by simply becoming a publisher for games not made by pepegas.
    lots of ppl bought their shitty game, me included, because it was relatively cheap (40 bucks), and most importantly it doesnt have subscription attached to it (while being MMO).
    no matter how much i fucking hate it, it was the most 'bang for a buck' game i bought this entire year with 282h played atm.

on top of that there are microtransactions within the game, so whales pay more beside the base game price.

for comparison, i asked for a refund for cyberpunk 2077 within like first 5 days of playing it. then it took GOG/CDPR/whatever like two, three more weeks to actually refund the game, so i was forcing myself to play it for 30h+
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-12-09 at 12:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    This is brutal.
    Staggering incompetence from both devs and management.
    Ok, this is actually my first time looking closely at game issues, and holy cow what a ride it is. This IS F76 lvl of incompetence.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrYesbody View Post
    I still don't get how people could play this game beyond level 30/40. AND WHY THE HELL DID I.
    Cyberpunk on PC was not that much of a mess on PC as this game:

Literally Worst game 2021 imo without a real challenger.
    Blows my mind its on any of the game awards list as a contender - but it is! As "Best MMO". Like really? REALLY?!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Blows my mind its on any of the game awards list as a contender - but it is! As "Best MMO". Like really? REALLY?!
    Well, awards are made up by the holder or audience. So anyone can come up with awards and nominees as such in whatever standard/rules they wish.

There are no awards police.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    As pointed out elsewhere: The Game Awards are not a remotely serious event. It's a marketing event, little more, and the nominees/winners are chosen more based on how big budget/well known they are than anything else.

But there is no "Best MMO" category. There's "Best Ongoing Game" which features MMO's and other live-service games, which New World isn't even nominated for, and "Best Multiplayer Game" alongside games like It Takes Two or Back 4 Blood that will eat its lunch.

"Serious" game awards are at places like GDC and DICE. Game Awards is legit just a marketing event to reveal new games/trailers, have a bunch of celebrities, and used to be a whole televised thing before Spike TV went under and it moved online.

All awards are marketing events. Either they serve to promote the product or the selection body. Such as the Grammy Awards or NY Film Critics Circle, respectively.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As pointed out elsewhere: The Game Awards are not a remotely serious event. It's a marketing event, little more, and the nominees/winners are chosen more based on how big budget/well known they are than anything else.

But there is no "Best MMO" category. There's "Best Ongoing Game" which features MMO's and other live-service games, which New World isn't even nominated for, and "Best Multiplayer Game" alongside games like It Takes Two or Back 4 Blood that will eat its lunch.

"Serious" game awards are at places like GDC and DICE. Game Awards is legit just a marketing event to reveal new games/trailers, have a bunch of celebrities, and used to be a whole televised thing before Spike TV went under and it moved online.
    I'm not even sure it was/is The Game Awards. Unless that's the only one with any notices up right now - cuz I don't follow the game shows. I just see a couple of ads here and there (not for NWO but for whatever awards list is advertising/asking for players to vote, etc.). If "New World" wasn't on the MMO/Online game (whatever list) then guess what - that wasn't the awards show I saw the 'call out' for! =D

And agree about awards and marketing events, I get it. They're all that way - I know.

Still doesn't mean I won't be shocked or roll my eyes when I see something so blatently /bad/ in their lineup of 'nominations.' Unless its all nominated by players (only) doesn't mean it won't reflect badly on whatever marketing you're trying to do - to 'sell' pieces of crap. (Or that you won't get backlash for picking /wrong/ in your categories - as we've seen more of in the last few years.)

If an awards show is going to shoot itself in the foot by not even nominating something 'subjectively' bad, but something completely broken - that's on them and they deserved to be called out for it in every format possible, as many times as necessary, until either they lose ssponsorship because no one is watching or change their standards. They can grow a brainstem and raise that bar a little - or continue to be a joke. And commented on by randoms like us on the interwebs .

(sorry for the typos the keyboard or the forum box is doing something wierd and I can't seem to fix them all - sorry!)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    for comparison, i asked for a refund for cyberpunk 2077 within like first 5 days of playing it. then it took GOG/CDPR/whatever like two, three more weeks to actually refund the game, so i was forcing myself to play it for 30h+
    You felt forced into playing a game you disliked for 30h+ because the refund took a while?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You felt forced into playing a game you disliked for 30h+ because the refund took a while?
    yeah, and i didnt have the certainty if i still qualify for the refund if it takes them so long.
    and more importantly it was CP77. the hype was through the roof. some ppl hated it, some ppl loved it. i wanted to give it a chance, i really did.
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-12-10 at 11:29 AM.

Fair enough, but come on. NW is a utter mess and a disgrace of a MMORPG. Theres no reason it should even be mentioned at all, unless amazon spilled out the cash and made them do it. Could be it.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Fair enough, but come on. NW is a utter mess and a disgrace of a MMORPG. Theres no reason it should even be mentioned at all, unless amazon spilled out the cash and made them do it. Could be it.
    Or it is just a major game with a name and brand. I suppose one could nominate Anime Princess Grind Online but that doesn't bring a lot of market value to the table vis-a-vis a majorly released Western game by the gigantic entity, Amazon.

Even if New World was utterly terrible, which you might think is the case, it would still be nominated because of the major profile it represents.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Anime Princess Grind Online
    I'd play this based off the title alone.

I'd play this based off the title alone.
    I know the audience of this message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Or it is just a major game with a name and brand. I suppose one could nominate Anime Princess Grind Online but that doesn't bring a lot of market value to the table vis-a-vis a majorly released Western game by the gigantic entity, Amazon.

Even if New World was utterly terrible, which you might think is the case, it would still be nominated because of the major profile it represents.
    Well that just says it all doesnt it? Its just about branding, nothing about quality.

This is not about what I think of the game. If you havent noticed, theres quite a few issues with NW. So many its difficult to know where to begin, many of them downright gamebreaking. Still happening to. Theres servers with 5(!) -FIVE- players online. FIVE.

Not to mention it mediocre at best when it comes to literally everything except two things:
    1. It looks amazing.
    2. Proffession system is decent, atleast in the beginning(Theres so many issues with that too though).