Corrupted ashbringer help for others

I was able to get my Corrupted Ashbringer last night in about 4 hours of play and I just thought I'd share my experience to possibly help others.

So I'll say right off the bat that I simply bought the two books off the AH so I didn't have too spend time getting the one from Dire Maul and AV for the other.

All the guides here are spot on and it's as simple as following them however there is an addon that I'm sure most of you have heard of or already use called "ServerHop".

Once you get to the part where you have to wait endlessly for the slime too spawn, don't just sit there and wait...start hopping. I waited for 2 1/2 hours before I started messing with server hop and 5 minutes after hopping around I got too a server where the slime was there and no one else was. Got the kill. Could have saved myself 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Now for the fishing part. I got my item in about 75 casts. so 10 ish minutes. Now I have read that 0 fishing skill is required. I have read that it is taking some people 4k + casts to get it. I have the legendary fishing poll. I got it in 75ish casts. So I'm fishing at 860 skill. So weather or not skill is a factor, or I was just lucky I guess I can't say for certain other then too say I got it quick with what I have.

Everything else in the quest line is easy.

Anyhow that's my 2 cents and I hope this helps. GL on your quest.

This really needed its own thread. Thanks.

the finishing is pure RNG, I was in a group of paladins all fishing at the same time and one of them got it in the first 10 casts and he had like 0 fishing and fishing with the ash bringer equipped :| and I had another guy get it in about an hour who had high fishing and was using artifact fishing pole.