Exsanguinate and refreshing

So i am still unsure about this skill.

Say i put a fresh 6cp rupture straight after a fresh garrote. Now i have both the buffs up and i pop exsanguinate. Now the timer goes down. When do i refresh rupture again ? Over the remaining time of rupture or when its about to fall off ?

Does exsanguinate cut down the remaining time and make the remainder more powerfull or does it apply its own dot with the rupture "time" it took away from rupture ?

As far as I know, the "remaining damage" on the Rupture gets summed up with the new application, split equally among all ticks, so when Exsanguinating, you can safely let it reach 2s or less before reapplying

I am hoping this picks up some steam. I am having solid results with my current opener:

Stealth, Garrote, Mut, Mut, Mut, Vanish (Nightstalker talent), Rupture, Exsang, Mut, Mut, Mut, Kingsbane, Envenoms (spam with mut's), Vendetta, Reapply DoTs, then spam envenoms and carry on fight similar to the opener.

I am having great results, but dont have the time personally to test this rupture refresh after exsangs.

Interested to see if this gains a scientifically proven sim or mechanic answer!

Cheers fellow Sins
    fo·rum /ˈfôrəm/ noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
    1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Always let your rupture tick all the way off after exsanguinate. Have 6cp ready to reapply once it drops.

If your ticks from the exsanguinated rupture are condensed into a shorter time frame, you will want all of those more powerful ticks to go off. Refreshing with a new rupture will overwrite that buffed rupture, losing a couple of the more powerful ticks. At least my understanding of how the interaction works.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMcNasty View Post
    If your ticks from the exsanguinated rupture are condensed into a shorter time frame, you will want all of those more powerful ticks to go off. Refreshing with a new rupture will overwrite that buffed rupture, losing a couple of the more powerful ticks. At least my understanding of how the interaction works.
    This is basically snapshotting which was done away with Pandemic. See below:
    3.3.1. Pandemic and Rupture Refresh

When you refresh Rupture before it expires, the duration that was left is added to the new Rupture DoT, up to a maximum of 30% of the original duration. You can safely refresh a 5 Combo Point Rupture when it has 7.2 seconds or less remaining. Deeper Stratagemallows for 6 Combo Point Rupture which last 28 seconds. 6 Combo Point Rupture can be refreshed safely when they have 8.4 seconds or less remaining.

Safe Pandemic refresh timing is based off the current number of combo points you have and not the original length of the Rupture

You should refresh your bleed effects before and after Exsanguinate for maximum efficacy.

I didn't think the final ticks of the buffed version would carry into the pandemic timer, thanks for the heads up I'll test it out on dummy tonight.

8.5 seconds of dmg added to a new rupture is 8.5seconds regardless if it was going 100% faster. So same Pandemic rule applies. The only exception is if the target is going to die in less than 28 seconds. Then lots of maths would be involved for optimal timing.

Only refresh rupture on a non-buffed rupture. Pandemic only gives additional time up to 8.5 seconds. A new rupture rewrites the damage it is based on. Never refresh rupture if you have a vendetta, nightstalker, or exsanguinate enhanced rupture rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuous View Post
    Only refresh rupture on a non-buffed rupture. Pandemic only gives additional time up to 8.5 seconds. A new rupture rewrites the damage it is based on. Never refresh rupture if you have a vendetta, nightstalker, or exsanguinate enhanced rupture rolling.
    You sure about this? I could have swore I tested this and the rupture ticks are stronger for the 8.5 seconds that would have been then dropped back down once the pandemic length was done. Your gonna make me go back and test this again cause if that's the case, that's some DPS i've been losing and i've already been doing pretty well :P.

Just tossing my 2 cents in, but vendetta changes rupture damage dynamically. So refreshing a 'vendetta rupture' doesn't matter. It's easy enough to test. Pop a rupture, activate vendetta afterwards and see the rupture damage go up. Same as applying rupture, popping vendetta, and letting vendetta run out with rupture on. Damage goes back down.
    Nightstalker is different.
    I always refresh an exsang rupture when it's almost out, provided I'm not going to energy cap by the time it runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Turismon View Post
    This is basically snapshotting which was done away with Pandemic. See below:
    3.3.1. Pandemic and Rupture Refresh

When you refresh Rupture before it expires, the duration that was left is added to the new Rupture DoT, up to a maximum of 30% of the original duration. You can safely refresh a 5 Combo Point Rupture when it has 7.2 seconds or less remaining. Deeper Stratagemallows for 6 Combo Point Rupture which last 28 seconds. 6 Combo Point Rupture can be refreshed safely when they have 8.4 seconds or less remaining.

Safe Pandemic refresh timing is based off the current number of combo points you have and not the original length of the Rupture

You should refresh your bleed effects before and after Exsanguinate for maximum efficacy.
    But won't exsanguinate cut down the timer by half and add the damage to the remaining rupture timer ? by then overwriting it with a new rupture you would get the regular dmg on the new rupture won't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    But won't exsanguinate cut down the timer by half and add the damage to the remaining rupture timer ? by then overwriting it with a new rupture you would get the regular dmg on the new rupture won't you ?
    From my understanding and what I have observed, the way pandemic works is takes the damage from the remaining time and adds it to the refresh with additional time, spreading the combined previous remaining damage and new 5-6 point rupture damage evenly across the timer.

So an example:

Rupture with exsanguinate has got two more ticks left at 20K damage a piece.
    You refresh this with a 6 point combo point that does lets say 10K a tick for 10 ticks(for sake of argument).
    Pandemic adds that extra time, so we will say another tick for example.
    Now you have 100K Damage from your refresh and the 40K from the previous rupture spread across 11 ticks. So you would get 11 ticks each for 12.72K.

Hopefully my terrible explanation makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schyzmo View Post
    From my understanding and what I have observed, the way pandemic works is takes the damage from the remaining time and adds it to the refresh with additional time, spreading the combined previous remaining damage and new 5-6 point rupture damage evenly across the timer.

So an example:

Rupture with exsanguinate has got two more ticks left at 20K damage a piece.
    You refresh this with a 6 point combo point that does lets say 10K a tick for 10 ticks(for sake of argument).
    Pandemic adds that extra time, so we will say another tick for example.
    Now you have 100K Damage from your refresh and the 40K from the previous rupture spread across 11 ticks. So you would get 11 ticks each for 12.72K.

Hopefully my terrible explanation makes sense.
    And does this actually work like that?

Deleted
    Had the same question in mind and tested it months ago about an hour and came to the conclusion that you lose damage if you don't refresh in the last second or immediately after expiry. Rupture had ~2 fewer ticks if you refreshed within pandemic range (~8 sec).

Always let your rupture tick all the way off after exsanguinate. Have 6cp ready to reapply once it drops.
    This basically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harlynx View Post
    Had the same question in mind and tested it months ago about an hour and came to the conclusion that you lose damage if you don't refresh in the last second or immediately after expiry. Rupture had ~2 fewer ticks if you refreshed within pandemic range (~8 sec).

This basically.
    That's what I thought.