Made a huge mistake with my Artifact Wep (Afflic) I really need some good advice

Code:
    i.imgur.com/dLikJc1.jpg
    (4k Image Warning)

So I've decided to stick with Affliction, I've tried other specs and I just keep on going back to Affliction so for better or worse I will be playing Affliction.

Now onto my mistake, and as you can clearly see I went in the totally wrong directly and my question is simple, should I spend the 8.83k and respec or just leave it?

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus66 View Post
    Code:
    i.imgur.com/dLikJc1.jpg
    (4k Image Warning)

So I've decided to stick with Affliction, I've tried other specs and I just keep on going back to Affliction so for better or worse I will be playing Affliction.

Now onto my mistake, and as you can clearly see I went in the totally wrong directly and my question is simple, should I spend the 8.83k and respec or just leave it?
    I'm in the same boat for my destro stick, but you'll eventually have all the points. Artifact Knowedge multiplying means even tho this stings now it's not the end of the world. Stick it out.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

8k isn't a lot.......whats your AK at? Can you start towards the Gold you want without a really long ramp up?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    8k isn't a lot.......whats your AK at? Can you start towards the Gold you want without a really long ramp up?
    Hit 110 on the weekend so I think I have only 1 upgrade

Deleted
    I think it's definitely a smart idea to respec. My main reasons are:
    1) 8.8k really isn't a lot of AP even now, and less so as your AK gets higher in the coming weeks.
    2) The way that the ramping up cost system works in your artifact talent tree means that the last few traits you pick are going to take much longer to obtain than the rest of the traits. IMO the last thing you want is for these few last traitss you pick up to be the strongest ones as you could be a long time without some really key traits (NB I don't actually play a Warlock so I'm not really sure how valuable certain traits are relative to others).

I (Resto Druid) dun goofed and headed towards a golden trait that turned out to be total garbage (Power of the Archdruid if you're interested), as well as picking up some regular traits of questionable value on the way, and spent 30k AP in respeccing and I have no regrets whatsoever. Good luck OP!

Code:
    i.imgur.com/dLikJc1.jpg
    (4k Image Warning)

Heh, I did the exact same thing and ended up respecing the weapon, it was totally worth it for Soul Flame and Compounding Horror. I ended up just following the path they have on Icey Veins:

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/afflict...-traits-relics

No regrets spending that extra AK to respec it.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    I think it's definitely a smart idea to respec. My main reasons are:
    1) 8.8k really isn't a lot of AP even now, and less so as your AK gets higher in the coming weeks.
    2) The way that the ramping up cost system works in your artifact talent tree means that the last few traits you pick are going to take much longer to obtain than the rest of the traits. IMO the last thing you want is for these few last traitss you pick up to be the strongest ones as you could be a long time without some really key traits (NB I don't actually play a Warlock so I'm not really sure how valuable certain traits are relative to others).

I (Resto Druid) dun goofed and headed towards a golden trait that turned out to be total garbage (Power of the Archdruid if you're interested), as well as picking up some regular traits of questionable value on the way, and spent 30k AP in respeccing and I have no regrets whatsoever. Good luck OP!

Thank-you, and that is a class that is worth something. Affliction is probably the worst casting spec in the game right now when everything is perfect...

I think you noticed at a good time.

If you've done all of the Suramar storylines (which you should be working on as priority #1), you get a lot of artifact power from daily quests there alone, especially as your artifact research increases. Then there are the other zone dailies, daily heroics, mythics and mythic+ dungeons when you're ready for them... you'll be fine if you respec now. Yes, you're dumping over 20,000 artifact power down the toilet, but my 22nd trait just cost me 51,000, and it took me like five or six hours to farm that much. It's a drop in the ocean at this point.

...On the other hand, if you start going the other direction now, the cost will increase exorbitantly. You won't get your two best Mythic+ traits until your 25th point into the artifact. Going the correct path you get the second one by your 16th point.

I say just do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank-you, and that is a class that is worth something. Affliction is probably the worst casting spec in the game right now when everything is perfect...
    Definitely a good idea to re-spec with 8k AP. Affliction is in a pretty bad spot right now; my main concern with it is that it's utterly boring and dull to play, while demo is being a really interesting spec and destro being a really viable and useful spec (not to mention affliction's visual effects haven't been upgraded since, afair, WotLK with the exception of Drain Life).

I would keep it as it is.

In the end you will have them all, and you are just 4 levels away from Soul Flame. The only "mistake" you've made is taking "inheritly unstable", so you've wasted 2 levels worth of something else. The perfect path for all gold traits takes 23 levels, you'll need 25, that's not the end of the world and only ~185k artifact power more, which you'll get fast if you farm it.