Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    stupid change they should have just put a multiplicitive nerf on doing multipul mythic 2 runs

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    You can think of it like this. This nerf is equivalent of about 2 Artifact knowledge's. So what they effectively did is set everybody back 10 days in terms of Artifact weapon progression. So you next trait may be super hard to right now.

That said I think this change is for the better of the game. It rewards skill instead of mindless farming. Now for the best farming in terms of gear and AP you want to be running 7's ideally. Compared to 5's which is the most common level mobs have around 16% more HP in 7's compared to 5's so assuming you don't wipe a level 7 will take at most 16% longer than a level 5. In my guild groups especially after the buffs to timers making +3 chests in level 5's can be tricky. Getting 2 chests in 7's is easy with heroic raid gear (860-870 ilvl) group.So in my opinion the two best options right now is.

If easy second affix :

Level 7 Keystone, Aim for +2 chests.

If hard second affix :

Level 4 Keystone, Aim for +3 chests.
    Actually in terms of AP +1 is the only way to go. The only thing +2/+3 offers now is time saved doing each level you skip, at the cost of some AP. The biggest benefit I see from the change though is that +2/+3 keys won't get extinct which was about to happen with all the boost runs.

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    Honestly, we all saw this coming from miles away. It made ZERO sense that the most efficient way of running mythic+ was to do lowest possible keys due to AP farm. If you've got ilvl 850 you've got no business in below +5, nevermind 860/870s running +2 when they should do +10
    It's less the fact that it was changed and more how it was changed. I agree that higher end runs needed more incentive so why not buff up other stuff, why nerf this?

Does WQ spam HAVE to be the way to get AP? Where you spend 95% of your time in flight? It's fucking horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    ppl do realise this yields more AP right? especially in the long run so i dont get the complaining, the complaining ppl are mostly ppl that are awfully geared or bad players. or the classes/specc that have been fucked over by blizzard balance for mythic+

That are horrible for M+5 and above runs.
    In the long run doesn't matter much unless they add a bunch of new artifact talents before the expansion is over. People want as much AP as possible right now so they can get their 3 golden artifacts.

The problem wasn't mythic+ 2/3 keystone spamming, the problem was and is that everything else sucks for grinding AP. Killing mythic xavius should award more then ~3k AP. It doesn't make sense to me, but now there is no relaxing way to grind, its either push high mythic chests or do your wq's and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    The problem wasn't mythic+ 2/3 keystone spamming, the problem was and is that everything else sucks for grinding AP. Killing mythic xavius should award more then ~3k AP. It doesn't make sense to me, but now there is no relaxing way to grind, its either push high mythic chests or do your wq's and thats it.
    That's because you're not meant to spend your life grinding it - that's what the artifact knowledge level system reinforces afterall. It's intended for you to spread out your effort over time rather than trying to push it ASAP. It's basically a soft gate
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That's because you're not meant to spend your life grinding it - that's what the artifact knowledge level system reinforces afterall. It's intended for you to spread out your effort over time rather than trying to push it ASAP. It's basically a soft gate
    Even if so, the fact mythix xavius gives 3k is bit silly no? Or any mythic boss for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    ppl do realise this yields more AP right? especially in the long run so i dont get the complaining, the complaining ppl are mostly ppl that are awfully geared or bad players. or the classes/specc that have been fucked over by blizzard balance for mythic+

That are horrible for M+5 and above runs.
    It definitely yields less AP, but more player power in general, currently boosting 4-9s for 2-3 chests awards far more gera than what a +2-3 ever did, the AP is ofc lower because the amount of runs you can do pr hour is lower, though in the end you still run those 10s every week for 880 gear.

Personally my gear consists of mostly m+ loot, 3 pieces + a relic which is not from mythic+, and im 875 avg. And if anything this change helps a lot because it adds some incentive to boost those +7-9s instead of rushing through 2-3s, so basically you want to run what you can boost 2-3 chests fairly painless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You need to learn how to read bro
    No shit, this is the amount BEFORE applying AK modifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Actually in terms of AP +1 is the only way to go. The only thing +2/+3 offers now is time saved doing each level you skip, at the cost of some AP. The biggest benefit I see from the change though is that +2/+3 keys won't get extinct which was about to happen with all the boost runs.
    Well yeah but the whole point is to save time and therefore maximise AP/hour. Instead of doing +2/+2/+2 etc with a new stone each time, now you do +2/+5/+7 (new stone) +2/+5/+7 (new stone) and you get comparable AP but spend less time searching for new stones.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    Well yeah but the whole point is to save time and therefore maximise AP/hour. Instead of doing +2/+2/+2 etc with a new stone each time, now you do +2/+5/+7 (new stone) +2/+5/+7 (new stone) and you get comparable AP but spend less time searching for new stones.
    Yeah, not everyone can run them like that though which is why I'm saying it helps keeping +2/+3 available. It also makes people spend more time running their own stones as it's worth the time and effort now.

The biggest flaw in the design with boost runs is how it slowly raises the avg level of stones as you get best completed -1 in your cache. Personally I think there should be a way to reset your stone back to +2 if you so desire, at a cost in gold or order hall resources.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine now. I'll echo statements that raiding should be far more rewarding AP wise. It's a one and done thing each week, and I think, as far as efficiency goes that raid bosses should be substantially more rewarding as far as AP rewards go.