Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 853 and a Rogue. I'm probably going to reroll Mistweaver just because I can gear a DPS spec faster as a Healer than I can as said DPS spec in the situation I'm in currently. Working graveyards and not having a stable guild at the moment is torture for trying to do anything as melee DPS. We are a dime a dozen and I'm going to take the easier route to progressing and that's rolling a healer.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

This is simply what happens when blizzard makes offspecs and alts tediously difficult to do.
    Play a tank or healer yourself.

I was ahead.of the gear curve since the get go on my demon hunter and always get into groips easily. 95% invite rate. For example now im 874ilvl. Who would say no to an 874 dh when you are looking for a dps? Been like that since expansion launch. Option 1) Be in a guild Option 2) Be good and ahead of the gear curve Option 3) Both

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone is able to do mythics with friends or guild members. I work until late in the evening every single day, I'm only able to MAYBE get 1 run in with our guilds alts in a week, usually as everyone is saved by the weekend, and everyone has already got soft locked from their own keystones. People are usually completely done with the weeks mythic + runs by the time I get home from work on Wednesdays.

I don't expect, or even ask Blizzard to fix this though. The LFG tool is made to give people choices, and when there's such a huge base of dps, I'm not gonna get in, even at 860, it just doesn't happen. Literally applied to hundreds of groups the last couple of days, I've had 1 invite, and that group disbanded 2 minutes later because the healer had to go.

Its just depressing is all, and its really siphoning my joy in the game.

Atleast there's still raids which I can do with my guild, but I just wish I could do mythic + more consistently aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    Play a tank or healer yourself.
    This is kind of silly. What if you don't want to tank or heal, or your class is incapable of such? Roll another class you don't like because hey, at least now you can do mythic runs?
    Last edited by Xykotic; 2016-10-07 at 07:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW. I mean, I could like, play the more needed specs of my class but hey, I don't wanna have any pressure I just wanna deeps and bitch when I don't find group, why should I make myself more desirable for a group of people!!!

quite discouraging
    There, you made a little mistake.

Protip: DPS are worthless since there are a lot of them, if you want free groups go healer or tank. Until then you don't have the right to bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Ya aren't mythics fun!!!
    They are. If you cant set foot into a group you cant blame Blizzard that you
    1. are not playing a healer or tank
    2. are not in an actually active guild
    3. made no friends in game

that leads me to
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    ... The LFG tool is made to give people choices, and when there's such a huge base of dps, I'm not gonna get in, even at 860, it just doesn't happen. Literally applied to hundreds of groups the last couple of days, I've had 1 invite, and that group disbanded 2 minutes later because the healer had to go.
    not even using the LFG tool to find people. Sorry for all your attempts I just simply never ever bother to seek anyone from there, nor by public chat for a matter of fact.

The one thing you can blame Blizzard on is artifact power and artifact weapon level difference between specs making it more difficult to offspec play.
    Last edited by mmoc074c0f2a05; 2016-10-07 at 07:21 AM.

I do not know. I do not usualy use LFG tool, as i try to do mythics with guild, but sometimes there are some time issues and i have to do it alone.
    The last time was yesterday night.
    I find groups to any mythic in like 2-3 minutes.
    I fill my own groups in like 4-5 minutes.
    Fire mage. 852 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both classes you play are capable of tanking and healing, do either of those and you're a lot more likely to get into a group. You can even just keep your lootspec as whatever you want and get loot for your MS.

Or find a guild to play with

Just think how fun sitting in the looking for group will be with the new big 5 man

Deleted
    This issue should be fixed with blizzards hotfix to artifact power gains. People like me no longer have a reason to join groups for mythic 2-4 and take up spots for people that really should be in them. However I have to agree with the pugging part. Pugging is usually very risky since the desparity in dps even within the same class with same gear is so huge atm. Someone that knows how to play can literally do 2x the dmg of someone who is just decent. That makes it so that to minimize the risk of falure people require very high gear to join grps.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

This is simply what happens when blizzard makes offspecs and alts tediously difficult to do.
    just from WQ's alone I have a Tank set that is easily high enough to Tank Mythics on all my DPS toons with Tank Offspecs.

It isn't tedious or difficult, people are just lazy and blame Blizzard for it.

Guys, lets pretend you will never be successful in making your own group.

Find a guild.

I have been a lone ranger since the end of cataclysm. Mostly doing LFR,some normal's. So two weeks ago I took the plunge and joined a guild back on my original server. Best choice ever, really nice and active people. They've let mejoin the raid team and have me on the mythic gearing groups. But additionally, when people throw together a mythic group to go get themselves OS gear or just because they have a keystone, they always offer to take someone.

Deleted
    Unfortunately, dps are a dime a dozen and people can be extremely picky and still get DPS easy.

If you're not a 865+ hunter/mage/monk or something cheesy don't get your hopes too high up.

This is why mythic 1 the lowest level should be made available to lfd. Most people have already said that mythic 1 is slightly harder than heroics. In my opinion from the few I have run they are easier than heroics were at the start of CATA.

When I make M+ groups as a healer, I get 10-15 dps lined up within literallly few seconds, and since I only need 3, obviously I need to decline the other 12. There isn't really any other way around this than find dps/healer friends, guild, heal or tank yourself or start your own group.

OP you even say you play balance druid, your best bet is too get some Resto or Guardian gear/ap/skill and start filling your those roles. Once you start clearing more and more mythics, and get better gear, you will have higher chance to get into M+ pugs.

Deleted
    I call total bullsh*t, I get into groups all kinds of day and night, just make sure you try and join a group with only tank/healer or one dps in the queue. Or as a lot of the replies will be... Make tour own group, its quick and easy, exactly the same for doing some of the more difficult wardens world quests. This is an MMO, its about playing with multiple people, spread the love

Make friends. Invite friends.

People often want the back "community" part of WoW vanilla back, well.. HERE IT FUCKING IS. Start making friends.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why the Mythic feature is doomed. Or at least going to get a major overhaul, probably involving the automated LFD tool. And hilariously as the dungeons get easier due to us having better gear, the requirements groups set will go up, keeping them inaccessible to most players. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm going to say this and please believe it to be the truth.

Find

An

Active

Guild.

That is the key for surviving as a dps, and its even a good thing!

It doesnt have to be a raid guild, but many raid guilds allow socials anyway.

Within a guild start talking to peopel and try starting out by finding a healer or a tank you like, and then basicly stick to them like glue.

If a tank or a healer remembers you as a good dps, they will whisper you before anyone else in the guild about dungeon groups.
    This

Is

Not

Right.

In most guilds, groups have already formed. If you ask in guild chat for a Mythic+ group for your key, you get no reply. People tend to say "Come on, farm gear so you can join our raid." but when you try to do so, they won't run with you because "nope, no interest in gearing you:"

Deleted
    Why would you ever want to do hard smal group content with pol you dont know? Jesus how hard can it be? Join a guild get TS and stop play a social game like its a solo game. Enjoying the instances with new or old friends laughting at misstakes and celebrate wictorys, having a beer and do fun runs or serious face kill runs is more the half the fun.