Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Well you know, there's a reason why white cops call street patrol in the ghetto 'going on safari'
    What is this other than a racial generalization based on what you've 'heard'?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    She shouldn't be a police officer. Simple as that.
    I'm pretty sure it would solve all of our problems if police officers simply refused to use violence. Same goes for the military.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Is there any kind of illegal activity that does not warrant summary execution in the head of Internet Tough Guys ? (and kudos on the ''wumin should say in the kitchen'' post)

Punching people : you have to be shot
    Assaulting a cop : you have to be shot
    Stealing any kind of good, whatever the value : you have to be shot
    Using drugs : shot

(Oh, of course, it's not you that are doing those activites, so it's okay to shoot. Therefore, I would mention casually that drinking underage and/or using media content not legally purchased is as illegal as robbing a bodega...)

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Wrong.

You might want to visit a night club or something. All these people, supposed to die and be outlawed? Nah, get real.

They are / should be trained to subdue unarmed persons without having to kill them, with nothing but a few scratches. Maybe not 1on1, but 3 cops should be able to handle it that way.
    How do you know it was not 1 on 1? That 2 cops got there later? Maybe that explains why one officer got destroyed and the other 2 were just hospitalized (probably for scrapes, bruises, etc). First woman officer gets there thinking she's helping someone in a car accident, the guy jumps her. Then back-up arrives pulling him off her and get a few scrapes and bruises in the scuffle.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not enough details to see what happened tbh. Was it just one guy beating on this woman and then other cops showed up or was it three on one from the start at they failed to subdue him? What non lethal methods did they try?

Deleted
    Nobody died? Good. One beaten cop is better than one dead civilian. That civilian will be caught and tried and they'll go to jail. But, nobody died.

All's well that ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Police shouldn't feel defenseless without their guns. Hand-to-hand combat, pepper spray, taser, baton... I don't understand why the go-to weapon is the most lethal.

It's like, if they don't use it/have it, they can't defend themself against an attacker?
    If a guy jumps you and is on you, a baton or hand to hand does nothing, especially if he's superior strength to you. Pepper spray often has no affect, especially on those under the influence of some narcotics. A taser you get one shot... it might stop him, it might not. If it doesn't, and you're alone, you're still dead.

I understand the argument that in situation where you have multiple police and an unarmed man that you should talk him down, or take him down non-lethally, but in the situation you're alone, you should kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but she's pretty damn stupid. If a dude is beating the shit out of you, no reasonable person would blame you for shooting his ass. People get pissed when cops shoot unarmed people who haven't attack the police yet.

She shouldn't be a police officer.

As a soldier, I've had to deal with this type of issue on numerous occasions. Life is not as clear cut as the Monday night quarterbacks would have you believe. Sometimes you just have to make peace with a bad set of consequences. Do I shoot up that car moving towards my convoy or not? Maybe the driver is just distracted, maybe he's confused, or maybe he's a suicide bomber about to kill my buddies. In that scenario, you have to choose between potentially going to prison for killing civilians, or looking your buddy's widow in the eye knowing you could have saved him. I personally will take the prison time, but in honesty, it's a choice I should not have to make.

Police officers admittedly should have a higher standard than soldiers, as their purpose is to keep the peace, not prosecute wars. That being said, they should not have to sacrifice their lives on the altar of political correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I agree with you there.
    Good luck with that one. Feminists will be all up in here on you. If you want to put physical requirements on these jobs, you're going to look sexist. Even though that requirement would disqualify a lot of men, it will disqualify even more women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    As a soldier, I've had to deal with this type of issue on numerous occasions. Life is not as clear cut as the Monday night quarterbacks would have you believe. Sometimes you just have to make peace with a bad set of consequences. Do I shoot up that car moving towards my convoy or not? Maybe the driver is just distracted, maybe he's confused, or maybe he's a suicide bomber about to kill my buddies. In that scenario, you have to choose between potentially going to prison for killing civilians, or looking your buddy's widow in the eye knowing you could have saved him. I personally will take the prison time, but in honesty, it's a choice I should not have to make.

Police officers admittedly should have a higher standard than soldiers, as their purpose is to keep the peace, not prosecute wars. That being said, they should not have to sacrifice their lives on the altar of political correctness.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Do American police not carry non-lethal weapons?

I find it extremely hard to believe that the only two options American police have are:

1. Shoot to kill
    2. Be beaten
    taser gun but i am not sure on if everyone carries it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Sorry, but she's pretty damn stupid. If a dude is beating the shit out of you, no reasonable person would blame you for shooting his ass. People get pissed when cops shoot unarmed people who haven't attack the police yet.

She shouldn't be a police officer.
    That's not true. Many people blamed Darren Wilson for shooting MIchael Brown
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    taser gun but i am not sure on if everyone carries it.
    Not even a baton? Something like that should be standard issue for all officers.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Nobody died? Good. One beaten cop is better than one dead civilian. That civilian will be caught and tried and they'll go to jail. But, nobody died.

All's well that ends well.
    "Beaten" may be a bit extreme but I don't think its unreasonable for cops to get banged up every now and then. I know my father came home with cuts and bruises all over in his career as an officer. Some people think that's unacceptable and that cops can't even get a little bit damaged in the line of duty. It's unrealistic imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    She should've shot the guy, I don't think many of us care about the repercussions.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/chicago-...eaten/1543015/

CHICAGO -- A Chicago police officer who is hospitalized after she was severely beaten said she was afraid to use her gun because of the scrutiny she would have faced, Supt. Eddie Johnson said.

On Wednesday morning, police responded to a car crash at Roosevelt and Cicero on the city's West Side where officers encountered a man that police allege was violent and under the influence of drugs.

Three officers were hospitalized in the incident. One officer who was severely beaten told Supt. Johnson she was afraid for her life and afraid to use lethal force with all of the attention on the police department's previous actions and fatal incidents.

"She thought she was going to die. She knew that she should shoot this guy, but she chose not to, because she didn't want her family or the department to have to go through the scrutiny the next day on national news," Supt. Johnson said.

A nearby business captured surveillance video of the incident. The owner didn't see the incident firsthand, but saw how the incident unfolded on the surveillance video.

"It is terrible. It is total disregard for law enforcement. They put their lives forward every day for us and to see somebody do this, to pummel the police officer is terrible. It is a terrible thing," business owner Louie Rainone said.
    Damn. Too bad she was afraid to execute that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I always look at it like this, you attack a cop who has a gun and end up getting shot. The only person to blame is your self.
    Fucking logic has no place here!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Well that depends, if it was a white police officer then maybe she should have gone a bit further and sacrificed her life as a reparation for all the systematic racism the black community needs to deal with.
    Not sure if serious...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming the caught the guy? Good, a cell is waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Not even a baton? Something like that should be standard issue for all officers.
    i think they still have one but i never hear anything about it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    If a guy jumps you and is on you, a baton or hand to hand does nothing, especially if he's superior strength to you. Pepper spray often has no affect, especially on those under the influence of some narcotics. A taser you get one shot... it might stop him, it might not. If it doesn't, and you're alone, you're still dead.
    A baton will give you so much of an edge, you *so* need to be beaten by it once to feel it and I urge you to say that again.

I like how, despite everything that happened, people are still blaming the police, while others just shrugging the beating off!

#f*ckthapolice
    , imirite, MMOC?