Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Soulsnatcher Bugged?

I was playing non-soulconduit setup just before and noticed i was not getting any refunds via the soulsnatcher perk.
    This let to me testing the refunds over a relatively small sample size of 50, making sure immolate was not on target dummy when casts occurred.
    I only had 6 refunds occur over the 50 casts (12%).
    Update: 7 over 100 casts - max streak 30 casts no shard.

So this leads me to ask if anyone has experienced such an issue themselves or could help test further.

Talents: Backdraft, Reverse Entropy, Demon Skin, Eradication, Dark Pact, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Wreak Havoc.
    Relics: Soulsnatcher, Immolate dmg, Soulsnatcher
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/character/frostmourne/Iribela/

Of course this could be just a small sample size but worth checking.
    Last edited by Snapfreeze; 2016-10-08 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapfreeze View Post
    I was playing non-soulconduit setup just before and noticed i was not getting any refunds via the soulsnatcher perk.
    This let to me testing the refunds over a relatively small sample size of 50, making sure immolate was not on target dummy when casts occurred.
    I only had 6 refunds occur over the 50 casts (12%).
    Update: 7 over 100 casts - max streak 30 casts no shard.

So this leads me to ask if anyone has experienced such an issue themselves or could help test further.

Talents: Backdraft, Reverse Entropy, Demon Skin, Eradication, Dark Pact, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Wreak Havoc.
    Relics: Soulsnatcher, Immolate dmg, Soulsnatcher
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/character/frostmourne/Iribela/

Of course this could be just a small sample size but worth checking.
    Not sure what you believe the bug is? Soul snatcher is different from soul conduit, since it only gives you 1 shard when it procs, with a single X% chance to proc per chaos bolt. So, if you have 3 ranks in soul snatcher, you would get a 15% chance per chaos bolt to get 1 shard. Is this what you expected? Just want to be sure about this first.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Not sure what you believe the bug is? Soul snatcher is different from soul conduit, since it only gives you 1 shard when it procs, with a single X% chance to proc per chaos bolt. So, if you have 3 ranks in soul snatcher, you would get a 15% chance per chaos bolt to get 1 shard. Is this what you expected? Just want to be sure about this first.
    He's saying he has five ranks in Soulsnatcher because of relics, which is why he's concerned about his test results.

Not saying there is no issue, but 50 casts isn't enough to get a statistically significant view of anything. You need waaaaay more to be able to say anything definitively.

I know it is rng, but I have also noticed that it feels it procs less than it should. I have all 3 relics with the perk and maxed the trait. When progressing ursoc and not using SC I started paying attention to my shards throughout the fight, and felt like it proc'd about 1 in 10-15 casts only while I have a 30% chance. There were pulls where it literally did not proc at all

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    I know it is rng, but I have also noticed that it feels it procs less than it should. I have all 3 relics with the perk and maxed the trait. When progressing ursoc and not using SC I started paying attention to my shards throughout the fight, and felt like it proc'd about 1 in 10-15 casts only while I have a 30% chance. There were pulls where it literally did not proc at all
    Try to cast around 10.000 CB in a row and see how much times it procs.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it is a small sample size, which is why i have asked if anyone else can help test it. In my own post i acknowledge that it has a low sample size.
    So commenting that its simple rng isn't really constructive here - it's about trying to test it under controlled conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapfreeze View Post
    I know it is a small sample size, which is why i have asked if anyone else can help test it. In my own post i acknowledge that it has a low sample size.
    So commenting that its simple rng isn't really constructive here - it's about trying to test it under controlled conditions.
    you asked a dumb fucking question and got dumb fucking answers; what did you expect?

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-10-09 at 01:48 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by penquinn View Post
    you asked a dumb fucking question and got dumb fucking answers; what did you expect?
    Thanks for your extremely constructive and unnecessarily aggressive comment! Maybe you will have a better day tomorrow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by penquinn View Post
    It's not a dumb question though. I'm honestly getting sick and tired of all the people who keep insisting that RNG is RNG. Legendaries seem to be either 0 or 2+? It's RNG. Except it wasn't, and it may still not be.

Soul snatcher not proccing as often as it should? Couldn't possibly be bugged, it's just RNG.