15+ Year Old Account

Good alternatives to Auctinator and Postal?

Auctinator is great for buying/selling stuff, but it frustrates me a great deal with its endless "scanning" every time I want to buy something.
    Postal has been creating errors for me when I want to send gold from character to character. I have to deactivate it to sell gold, then activate it when I want to collect a lot of stuff from my mailbox. Annoying.

tradeskillmaster

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know it was postal and assumed it was the ingame ui, but I found I couldn't post more than around 250k in a single message, so depending how much you're sending, break it down into 250k chunks.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Scan times depend on how many pages your AH has of that item, is has nothing to do with the addon itself. TSM can do both and much more but is a very heavy addon and I suggest not using it on your raiding characters

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Auctinator is great for buying/selling stuff, but it frustrates me a great deal with its endless "scanning" every time I want to buy something.
    Postal has been creating errors for me when I want to send gold from character to character. I have to deactivate it to sell gold, then activate it when I want to collect a lot of stuff from my mailbox. Annoying.
    The "Endless Scanning" thing seems to be active in TSM, and other addons as well. It's a restriction set in place by Blizzard when the Expansion started to control the data flow of the Item database to make things less "laggy".

Both TSM and Auctionator authors have a FAQ about it on their pages.

Mod Author: "Correction, the AH API is broken right now. This addon works as intended, but is kneecapped by the blizzard enforced time between AH requests. "

Mod Author: "We made a change in the recent release that fixes some issues with item strings, and anecdotally noticed an improvement, but I'm not sure if it really had any speed effect (the blizzard enforced API latency is still the root issue of the speed problems). Glad it's improved for you though!"

As for your Postal issues, I have the latest version and can't say I've had any issues when recreating your situation. :S
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-10-09 at 11:38 AM.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess I will have to get used to that scanning annoyance :/
    About Postal, well, I've been using it for many years, this is the first time I'm encountering gold sending issue. Granted, the first time I tried sending gold was exactly 250k, but then I tried 100k and even less and got the same "internal mail database" (or something like that) error. I tried updating, then deleting the addon and downloading the latest version, but nothing helped. So I need an alternative.

Just gotta hope Blizzard gets there shit together in 7.1 with new AH UI.

But this is blizzard we talking about...Earns billions>Has UI that are worse than f2play MMO's...There UI deparment should all get sacked and then they should hire UI's devs from say Rift...Can play that MMO with 5-10 addons just fine and WoW Im hovering around 100...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a fix for Auctionator, just need to adjust 2 addon files.

https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/...anning_buying/

Works wonders, everything is instant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post

Seems good. Is this a update that can be expected in a release of the addon?

- - - Updated - - -

tried it out now...SHIT it works so fucking good...Where the hell was this years ago...fuck me!

Auctioneer doesn't have any scanning problems. I just use the "get all" scan that does the whole AH in under a minute, then all of my data is good for buying and selling. Scanning individual items is manual and doesn't take that long either.

Edit: I just looked at the code changes linked here and realized that they are taking advantage of a bug that has been in the AH for at least two years. This bug returns a page of up to ~2000 items when the "Usable" box is checked. Use this code change at your own risk, you may be banned if you are a heavy AH user and keep taxing the system with giant page lookups.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-10-09 at 02:00 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Auctioneer doesn't have any scanning problems. I just use the "get all" scan that does the whole AH in under a minute, then all of my data is good for buying and selling. Scanning individual items is manual and doesn't take that long either.

Edit: I just looked at the code changes linked here and realized that they are taking advantage of a bug that has been in the AH for at least two years. This bug returns a page of up to ~2000 items when the "Usable" box is checked. Use this code change at your own risk, you may be banned if you are a heavy AH user and keep taxing the system with giant page lookups.
    Your addon aint same as the one we use trough :P

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Your addon aint same as the one we use trough :P
    I'm honestly confused by this. Did you mean Aunctioneer isn't the same as Auctionator or that the bug is somehow different? The bug is the same no matter how you use it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post

Except with that ghetto fix, all items not usable by that character (i.e. higher required level, different class or profession requirement, different armor or weapon type) won't be scanned, at all.

You can use TSM and add /usable at the end of the query to have the same result without breaking any addon

@Kanegasi: You won't get banned because that is exactly how the usable argument is supposed to work. Even manually searching items with "usable by character" checked (in the standard Blizzard UI) will return ~2000 items in the first page

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    @Kanegasi: You won't get banned because that is exactly how the usable argument is supposed to work. Even manually searching items with "usable by character" checked (in the standard Blizzard UI) will return ~2000 items in the first page
    That's the bug. It's not supposed to return 2000 items in one page. All queries are supposed to be 50 items per page. It is a bug, whether you use it manually with the checkbox or through the fifth argument of the QueryAuctionItems function, both are the same thing. Exploit at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Except with that ghetto fix, all items not usable by that character (i.e. higher required level, different class or profession requirement, different armor or weapon type) won't be scanned, at all.

You can use TSM and add /usable at the end of the query to have the same result without breaking any addon

yep, true enough :/ I can post items that fall under those criteria, but searching trough the addon page (buy) for say a named epic plate item on my 20 druid bank alt, doesnt work. To search such items I need to just use default window which is OK to.

Honestly, no problems for me Id figure. When I made my recent Legion buy list (Every expansion I do such a list where I put *ALL* mats into a list) I spended about 55-1:10 minutes to get all the items done....With this addon that could had been as fast as I could google or wowhead the stuff :P

- - - Updated - - -

.....right going back. New day, new routine re-listing...Cant undercut scan items that falls under that category, and I do think the listing price when posting got messed up to......blah