Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I believe Ask Mr Robot does it, My guild has a armory synced google doc with all the information. The difference between 150 and 200 stat, on 2 rings, and the difference on the expensive neck enchants for an entire raid could literally be the difference between a boss dying or not.

Would be stupid to enforce it in a casual guild, I agree, but Mythic requires min maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I believe Ask Mr Robot does it, My guild has a armory synced google doc with all the information. The difference between 150 and 200 stat, on 2 rings, and the difference on the expensive neck enchants for an entire raid could literally be the difference between a boss dying or not.

Would be stupid to enforce it in a casual guild, I agree, but Mythic requires min maxing.
    That's how we mostly manage it too. It's generally easier but it's not perfect. People log out in the wrong gear, etc and it throws it out of whack a bit, but if you already have say 18/20 people accounted for its' easy to follow up on one or two and make sure they're all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    That combined thousand of whatever secondary stat made up by missing +50 by going cheap is surely the cause of the 1%. It's not that your people aren't playing optimally, planning their movement to do as much DPS as possible, not getting the upper purple or orange percentages. It's that single 1000 of random secondaries combined from 20 people making that difference XD

And no, please, before you say I'm not a serious raider, during my primetime in MoP I raided in a guild which would shit on the progression that 99% of you people ever had with your guilds. That single thousand of combined various stats is not the cause of the 1% wipe. Mishandling mechanics and poor-ish play is. Our 1% wipes and less weren't due to insufficient DPS caused by the lack of best enchants, it was either due to too many people dying prematurely thinking it was a kill and thinking they didn't need to tryhard as much or the likes of it.

Just sim random 20 characters with best enchants available for each and do the sims for the same characters but with the cheaper versions of available gems and enchants. Compare dps between the two simmed raid groups. Make sure to do a lot of iterations to lower the error margin as much as possible. The difference will be so miniscule it's not going to amount to much.

A worse than average RNG on one of your dpses or someting during the opener would have a bigger impact than a combined thousand of various 50s of secondaries.
    Going cheap and not putting in effort on one thing creates an atmosphere where you are willing to half ass other things. You can argue the math of food, enchants, gems, pots and flasks all you want. You would fail pretty hard on just the pots alone the caster pots do 3 million dmg each on their own. Even if you take away the tangible number the apathy of some of the raiders is the issue. Again though people should play they way they want, if they don't want to try to improve their character when and where they can, they shouldn't be forced to. They also shouldn't force their mindset on groups that don't feel the same way. Their are thousands of raids all trying to do different things. Each type of person should be able to find a group that fits what they want to do perfectly. Being able to play well and do the mechanics correctly is obviously the most important thing. That is why world 1st raids kill bosses with much lower item levels then other people, but again with them they max out when and where they can. That isn't for everybody and I understand that. That doesn't somehow make it so all the things you can do to improve yourself aren't important. If that were true we wouldn't have enchants, gems, food, so on and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post

AMR is not always perfect based on the stat weights people have in, but more often then not it is going to correctly flag no or lower end buffs to gear. The most common mistake I have seen is the core stat gem int/agi/str, for some it is great for others it is a downgrade.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-10-10 at 09:48 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

hmm i had like 5 ursoc hc wipes at 0.2 and 0.1 percent in pug heroic with alt. if people had potted or had runes or had flasks.... or if this stupid hunter didnt mes sup pulltimer to cause prepot fall into combat time... Consumables are used for exactly this reasons. i am wondered at why someone from a progressive guild needs to ask about those tools, ert is that thing for like 2 years or so, and every half-decent raid uses it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not saying a raid leader isn't but surely he/she should have some faith in the group to come prepared especially for Mythic progression that they wouldn't need such an addon right?
    Even the scrubbiest of guilds I've been in over the years have used ERT. The amount of utility this addon provides is ridiculous and you'd be stupid not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Because much of a small amount adds up to something significant, which can prevent wipes and whatnot. Plain and simple.
    If such a small amount of stats are the difference between you wiping and not wiping, your problems are much more serious than any amount of gems or enchants can make up.

They do add up but there not make or break in 99.9% of raids,
    Last edited by Shakari; 2016-10-10 at 10:35 PM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Will close the topic. If you wish to continue the discussion on the topic of superior/inferior enchants start a new topic please.
    Seemingly OP's probably opted out from the discussion, though for anyone else
    The answers to the question is given in both of these posts : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post42739759 and http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post42742609