View Poll Results: On which class would a player be better?

Voters
104. This poll is closed
  • Warlock

46 44.23%
  • Mage

58 55.77%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    If you cannot figure out how to contribute to your raid group as a Warlock, don't play a Warlock. Pretty simple stuff, guy.
    God I'm sick of you. Absolutely nothing is wrong with warlocks right? The fact that having an interrupt requires you to jump through hoops and cut DPS is just perfect design, the fact that our CR is the ONLY one that has a 3 second cast time is perfect design, the fact that we are supposedly the tanky casters, yet others can pretty much do the same. Our tankiness results in warlocks being easier on healers, and that is about it.

Seriously, what would it take before you would deem it okay to discuss on forums? That warlocks no longer had an interrupt at all no matter what they did? That warlocks did half damage of everyone else in every situation? What issues would make it okay to finally talk about it on this forum?

Are you implying the "original post" has any "original" content in it?

It's the same old song; try to highlight all the good attributes of another class while continually shutting down the mentioning of the Warlocks good attributes in an effort to excuse their own lack of contribution to their raid group. And it's a song that this particular poster has been singing since 2014.

Some people just like to complain.
    They enjoy taking away the good attributes of warlocks. Why do we no longer have Shadowburn and Demonic Circle baseline? Because they were fun to use. So now they're gone. Why does GoSac no longer give us an interrupt? Because interrupting is fun. Gone.

Why do we no longer have verdent spheres and mages do? Because they were fun. Gone.

Mage's fireblast has the same icon as conflag (always has but it's ironic), 2 charges, instant cast, and has a utility that says "conflagrate your target, dealing x amount of damage over x seconds." Well that sounds cool. Conflagrating the target in fire. They should give warlocks a spell called Conflagrate too.

Deleted
    Only thing I miss is a reliable instant silence that don't require you to switch between Imp and felhound, in the middle of a fight.

Deleted
    Here's the deal on all the "but combat rezz" whiners. Which of these have you heard:

A. Looking for warlock/druid/DK/bla/bla/bla because we need CR
    B. Looking for mage/shaman because we need BL.

I have seen B too many times to count. I haven't seen A even once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd1ofakind View Post
    "Drums". Stopped reading there.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Playing better than mages is simple. But if I was a mage, I know my results would be a LOT better.
    Ooooh cute, good thing you do not have to comment on other stuff, you know, what is better about locks as mages. But hey, at least you where wrong about HS being bad right...

Just jet another lock who cant play...

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't complain if I was plaing a mage. Which has been better in almost every aspect since 2014, yes. How about you actually contribute instead of "lol whiners".
    The only thing you do is whine..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Ooooh cute, good thing you do not have to comment on other stuff, you know, what is better about locks as mages. But hey, at least you where wrong about HS being bad right...

- - - Updated - - -

Explain how healthstones work then, because mine is healing 360k now, just like it did when I hit 110. And I have gotten a significantly larger health pool since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post

Why does a fire mage have scorch if it barely does any damage? Because it's fun to use. Simple as that.
    scorch is fun to use? i must have missed that memo. i suppose it might be fun when you get your 34th trait in your artifact, but till then....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. I'll repost what I wrote for the 4th time: "Um... I bought a potion and created a healthstone. I looked at the number of hit points healed. Umm... tadaaaah?". HP heals about 75% more.

Deleted
    Um... I bought a potion and created a healthstone. I looked at the number of hit points healed. Umm... tadaaaah?
    Single target stun that doesn't work on bosses and some trash.
    "Just the way the class plays" is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard.
    Yea and then you forgot to read that its %hp, good job. It just shows you are not only missinformed but you are one of these popular "i am allways right no matter if people throw the fact in my face" guys, so keep going.Scratch the single stun if its not good enaugh for you. I gave you 3 things that a warlock can bring to a 5 man group that a mage cant

And then you reply "dumbest excuse i've ever heard" and again you forgot to tell me what exclusive does a mage bring to a raid and or care about how warlock absorbs actually help.

Anyway obviously you are here just to whine as a 5 yo trolly bitch for the sake of whining, deaf to any argument or logic, so keep going.. you, mythic raider.

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-10-12 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    God I'm sick of you. Absolutely nothing is wrong with warlocks right? The fact that having an interrupt requires you to jump through hoops and cut DPS is just perfect design, the fact that our CR is the ONLY one that has a 3 second cast time is perfect design, the fact that we are supposedly the tanky casters, yet others can pretty much do the same. Our tankiness results in warlocks being easier on healers, and that is about it.

Seriously, what would it take before you would deem it okay to discuss on forums? That warlocks no longer had an interrupt at all no matter what they did? That warlocks did half damage of everyone else in every situation? What issues would make it okay to finally talk about it on this forum?
    This is not a thread for discussion. This is one person refusing to take any posts into consideration but his own. He asked for people to cite Warlock utility; they did, in regards to the Summoning Stone (which, if you don't accept its value in raid you're just blatantly trolling) and Healtstones and his response was "LOL NO THATS NOT UTILITY THATS LAZY!!"; they cited the soulstone, his response was "PEOPLE DON'T ADVERTISE FOR SOULSTONE IN GROUPS LMAO". There were no constructive suggestions for improvement. All these nonsense posts jammed with hyperbole and dramatizations are just made in hopes that people like you will come in, quote them in approval, and post the same shit you always post about how "WE DESERVE THIS THIS AND THIS, BECAUSE MAGES HAVE THAT AND THAT!!"

And not involving myself in that sort of ridiculousness doesn't at all mean I think Warlocks are perfect. I'm pretty sure that's the 30th time that has had to be clarified to you, and not just by me. But what it means is that people like the OP, and yourself, are not the people I want the people that matter in these discussions to see representing this class. So I'm glad you're sick of me, because you aren't someone I want my sentiments to be aligned with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    scorch is fun to use? i must have missed that memo. i suppose it might be fun when you get your 34th trait in your artifact, but till then....
    He uses "fun" in an everything encompasing way. Basicly what he means is: why doesn't destro something like that? Searing pain or whatever.

Git gud and stop crying.

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-10-12 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    You'd rather run from point A to B with nothing to do? Yes I consider scorch fun and I consider Demonwrath fun. I considered Fel Flame fun too.

Then again I guess you could always just blink. I'll gladly take your scorch...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Yea and then you forgot to read that its %hp, good job. It just shows you are not only missinformed but you are one of these popular "i am allways right no matter if people throw the fact in my face" guys, so keep going.Scratch the single stun if its not good enaugh for you. I gave you 3 things that a warlock can bring to a 5 man group that a mage cant

And then you reply "dumbest excuse i've ever heard" and again you forgot to tell me what exclusive does a mage bring to a raid and or care about how warlock absorbs actually help.

Anyway obviously you are here just to whine as a 5 yo trolly bitch for the sake of whining, deaf to any argument or logic, so keep going.. you, mythic raider.
    I ask again, how does healthstone work? Did you actually go inside the game and test for yourself? Because mine is healing 360 k no matter what I do, doesn't scale with anything either since it healed for 360k ever since I hit 110.

Not having a CR for dungeons sucks, but it doesn't suck nearly as much as not having BL / TW. Saying that isn't a viable thing to bring is just plain wrong. Not saying that warlocks don't bring anything decent, but in many cases it is just much more niche, or worse than readily available alternatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post

I'm talking about the current situation. Every dps/healer has the same-ish amount of HP, which means health pots are better. But I guess you just can't realise that.
    I responed to the other 3 already in this thread. Go read that. I can't be bothered to repeat that for the nth time.
    And yes, calling a class that's missing half the utility of the other class problems "playstyle" IS the dumbest exuse ever.

Pro tip: how to show you're just an a-hole who thinks everyone else is inferior: call others "kids" and equivalent terms.

Regardless of ALL of this. Tell me this:

Which of these have you heard:

A. Looking for warlock/druid/DK/bla/bla/bla because we need CR
    B. Looking for mage/shaman because we need BL.
    C. Looking for warlock for summon/HS.

A and C combined times 10 or just B?
    Last edited by mmoce9f42a5b0f; 2016-10-11 at 08:07 AM.

Healing potion heals for more than healthstone why are people even arguing over that? What game are we even playing anymore

Deleted
    This is not a thread for discussion. This is one person refusing to take any posts into consideration but his own. He asked for people to cite Warlock utility; they did, in regards to the Summoning Stone (which, if you don't accept its value in raid you're just blatantly trolling) and Healtstones and his response was "LOL NO THATS NOT UTILITY THATS LAZY!!"; they cited the soulstone, his response was "PEOPLE DON'T ADVERTISE FOR SOULSTONE IN GROUPS LMAO". There were no constructive suggestions for improvement. All these nonsense posts jammed with hyperbole and dramatizations are just made in hopes that people like you will come in, quote them in approval, and post the same shit you always post about how "WE DESERVE THIS THIS AND THIS, BECAUSE MAGES HAVE THAT AND THAT!!"

And not involving myself in that sort of ridiculousness doesn't at all mean I think Warlocks are perfect. I'm pretty sure that's the 30th time that has had to be clarified to you, and not just by me. But what it means is that people like the OP, and yourself, are not the people I want the people that matter in these discussions to see representing this class. So I'm glad you're sick of me, because you aren't someone I want my sentiments to be aligned with.
    Healthstones ARE bad! Unless I'm bugged, it heals 360k no matter what, no scaling involved. Warlocks pretty much NEVER have an interrupt, unlike ANY OTHER dps in the game, and if you haven't been in a situation where that mattered, then I seriously have to question how truthful you are. Combat res having a 3 sec base cast time is ludicrous when every other CR is instant cast, and while it is not always a disaster, it sure as hell can be very bad sometimes (Tank / Healer dies, before CR + accept goes through, other people are dead).

Specific issues, handwaved away immediately by you with nothing of substance to back it up (Why shouldn't warlocks have an interrupt? Why does soulstone have a 3 sec base cast time? Why are health stones a static 360k heal?)

Does anyone even remember what it felt like to Shadowburn enemies below 20% HP? Does anyone remember how cool it felt to port to your Demonic Circle?

They were fun and that's why they're gone... it has nothing to do with the "99th percentile get gud"

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Healthstones ARE bad! Unless I'm bugged, it heals 360k no matter what, no scaling involved. Warlocks pretty much NEVER have an interrupt, unlike ANY OTHER dps in the game, and if you haven't been in a situation where that mattered, then I seriously have to question how truthful you are. Combat res having a 3 sec base cast time is ludicrous when every other CR is instant cast, and while it is not always a disaster, it sure as hell can be very bad sometimes (Tank / Healer dies, before CR + accept goes through, other people are dead).

Specific issues, handwaved away immediately by you with nothing of substance to back it up (Why shouldn't warlocks have an interrupt? Why does soulstone have a 3 sec base cast time? Why are health stones a static 360k heal?)
    There is not a single instance in EN where ranged are needed to interrupt - the melee have it under control. As they always have in raid. Stop acting like this is a huge issue. It sucks, but we get by just fine. In Mythic+, Shadowfury works wonders and you can absolutely use Fear to stop a plethora of mobs from casting. We also have Banish, which is plenty useful given the amount of Demons there are.

Again, dramatizations about the cast time of Soulstone don't do anybody any good. Tell me how many times you think that the cast time has actually changed the result of an encounter. Who cares if it has a cast time? Be happy we have a battle rez. It gets plenty of use.

There is not a single instance in EN where ranged are needed to interrupt - the melee have it under control. Stop acting like this is a huge issue. In Mythic+, Shadowfury works wonders and you can absolutely use Fear to stop a plethora of mobs from casting. We also have Banish, which is plenty useful given the amount of Demons there are.

Again, dramatizations about the cast time of Soulstone don't do anybody any good. Tell me how many times you think that the cast time has actually changed the result of an encounter. Who cares if it has a cast time? Be happy we have a battle rez. It gets plenty of use.
    Yes interrupting would be too much work for you anyway. Just keep on spamming incinerate let everyone else have the fun.

And soulstone no longer has a cast time in 7.1

- - - Updated - - -

You have to admit though when it was time to shadowburn that was just a little more fun that spamming incinerate right?