State of game/ Should i play?!

TL;DR version sum up
    Leveling:
    Class balance:
    Endgame Pve:
    Pvp:
    Reward system:

Now i know this is a topic probably brought up a few times on the forums but in light of the new expansion coming out i figured it'd be acceptable to discuss again. Yes this is completely subjective but i am completely ignorant to the swtor universe so if you got the time im going to sum up my mmo experience and such with hopes of strong opinions and good information. To start i'm a huge star wars fan, ive been that way since before i can remember. I was really interested in the game pre launch but was hesitant to play due to the fact im a hopeless WoW addict. When the game came out i heard nothing but bad reviews and other things that deterred me from playing, so i continued to feed Blizzard. I may be a grass is greener kind of guy, but in its current state wow is not fun to me any longer. Ive been playing since vanilla and have seen the world go through so much but now its so mainstream, layers and layers of rng and time/rep gating (we have always had rep gating and i dont mind it but its got a bit out of whack.), there really is no more rewarding feel of being a skilled player like having top tier gear and legendaries (everyone and their mother can easily get these things now.), and to wrap it up way too nurturing to a casual. So my main questions to you the swtor player is hows the game?
    Leveling: id like my game to engage the player while leveling make it feel less monotonous coughwowcough
    Classes: are the classes somewhat balanced? as i do mostly just choose which class id have the most fun playing blizzard has a way of pigeon hole'ing players of a certain class/spec into something else because of balance issues especially the higher tier of raiders.
    PvE endgame content: How's the swtor "raid" system I'm a midcore endgame PvE'r i really enjoy optimizing my class and practicing my rotation/ min/max'ing, pushing progression of endgame content all whilst not being a pompous douche XD
    PvP: Usually don't put any focus here except when im bored but not saying swtor couldnt change that
    Reward System: This is the big one for me wow is just shit now when it comes to the reward system RNG=everything, rng yes is good in moderation but the game is just way to packed with it now i consider myself to be a fairly good player with bad luck. Ive put so much time and effort into getting good and gearing up while i know alot of other "casuals" that literally have better gear than me because their gear drop happened to proc at the highest level possible. and using the LFG tool everyone just looks at their gearscore and not the actual skill of the player now. Id like a game with a little Time&Effort=Reward and Skill=Reward, not welp your rng dice didnt roll well heres some garbage.

Know that was a big wall of text but i sincerely appreciate anyone who took the time to read and could shed some insight!
    Last edited by KTOASTED; 2016-10-11 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTOASTED View Post
    TL;DR version sum up
    Leveling:
    Class balance:
    Endgame Pve:
    Pvp:
    Reward system:
    SNIP...
    As a new player to SWTOR that you seem to be you will find yourself with plenty to do and see. FOR RETURNING PLAYERS: The rest probably wont apply to you useless you have been gone a really long time. So long you might as well be new as more than half of the content at end game is what you were playing at launch (heroics, FP, OPS). The other half or less is about 4 or so new OPS, a couple FPs and 2 PVP areas IIRC plus the one for all story which can be iffy. Depending on when you left you can take even more off the list.

But for a new gamers: I encourage you to sub for at least one month to get everything and every expansion (RotHC, SoR & KotFE) released currently (not KotET yet).

LEVELING: The leveling right now is particularly fast as there is a double EXP thing going on. (subscription only)

The stories for each class are really well done. The individual class stories. Mileage may vary depending on your tastes but they are all in general very good. (Free to everyone - More rewards if you are a sub)

After the class stories comes the one for all stories of the expansions. Reception for them is all across the board as it was a big change from the individual class stories you had leveling. I enjoyed RotHC (it was a nice change of pace), SoR was a bit of a let down but not too bad over all. KotFE I didn't care for much at all. Take that for what you will as I know opinions on it vary.

CLASS BALANCE: Like most games SWTOR struggles with this in some areas. None of bad at all for leveling and getting into the game. You will never notice anything till you hit end game and then number crunch. Don't worry about this one for a while.

ENDGAME:
    PVE: As a new player you will have plenty to do. It's the players that have been here a while that have little or nothing. More heroic instances than you can shake a stick at. Flash Points (4 man group content) is in abundance and a 9 or so Operations (8 and 16 man content). As a new player you have plenty to do there and many of the FP's have solo mode to do alone if you want. The problem you may run into is so many gamers already done wiht them. Finding a group might be a bit difficult at times.

There is also some events type things: Gree event, Rakghoul event and the Bounty Hunter events. Nothing too amazing but there a change of pace on the week they show up. Something else to grind for gear, weapons, decos and mounts.

PVP: Hard to say as thats server based. On Jedi Covenant its pretty good overall. Still takes a little time for queues to pop on some occasions and faster depending on the event thats going on at other times. Over all not bad where I am.

REWARD SYSTEM:
    Not entirely sure what you mean here but it's best to be a subscriber. You get all the perks and no restrictions. I'd say give it a one month go and see what you think for $15. That also gets you 500 SWTOR cartel coins per month to spend in the shop as well for that $15 sub.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-10-11 at 06:35 PM.