(Holy Priest) How much Mastery is too much?

Hey,

Today I got a new trinket with mastery on it and I'm on 49% Mastery now.
    But: My Echo of Light Mastery already overheals für 30-40% depending on the encounter. Does anyone know if there are any waypoints for max Mastery. Would this be a good time to focus more on Crit (currently at 25%).

Anyone got any advice or Experience?

Thanks in advance.

Some Infos about me: 857 iLvl (weapon 892), no legendary, Heroic raider, currently progressing Xavius Heroic (which went pretty poorly). Trinkets: 840 Int+Mastery and 835 Horn of Cenarius (yeah, they do suck).

Unfortuantely, i cannot post any links.

10+ Year Old Account

Leaving funnies aside, the more mastery the better. However, mastery synergizes well with crit and crit shouldn't be left behind at all.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

i had 52% mastery at one point and i swear i was hitting some diminishing returns when that high so i went for more crit, it rounds you out very well.

i suggest staying within 10% range between mastery and crit, atm im at 42% mastery and 34% crit and its working out pretty well, ( changed enchancts and gems to crit + both trinkys i have giving crit ) they synergize very well the higher artifact power you got in your staff
    Last edited by Arachnian; 2016-10-12 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    I saw some calculations a few days ago saying that 37,5% mastery was a breaking point from which on crit is just as good (if not better). Can't remember where I found this though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcVW View Post
    Hey,

Today I got a new trinket with mastery on it and I'm on 49% Mastery now.
    But: My Echo of Light Mastery already overheals für 30-40% depending on the encounter. Does anyone know if there are any waypoints for max Mastery. Would this be a good time to focus more on Crit (currently at 25%).

Anyone got any advice or Experience?

Thanks in advance.

Some Infos about me: 857 iLvl (weapon 892), no legendary, Heroic raider, currently progressing Xavius Heroic (which went pretty poorly). Trinkets: 840 Int+Mastery and 835 Horn of Cenarius (yeah, they do suck).

Unfortuantely, i cannot post any links.
    Echo will usually overheal by ~30%. It's just the price we pay for it being a 6 second HoT. Dumping Mastery will not significantly lower the percentage of overheal.

Diving that deep into any secondary makes the others relatively more valuable, but healers don't really work on pure numbers so just do whatever works for you. I assume if your mastery is that high with still 25% crit that you have basically no haste or vers. If you're doing well like that, then awesome.