Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDadio View Post
    Also it is interesting to see the guide highly recommends Cataclysm but most people are saying RE is the go to talent for that line.
    Basically the guide was written before RoF became instant and Incinerate was buffed a ton, after these changes the necessity to slot Cata for AoE dropped. Cata is useful if you want a balls to the wall AoE above what RoF/F&B/Sac give, but it is simply unnecessary in M+.

The whole Backdraft/RE/F&B/Sac/WH build came up as a way to have a good all around generalist build for M+, as it sports great AoE and Cleave, while not loosing too much ST, which is why it is so appealing.

Of course, it's not some gospel - take what you like, if you want to tailor build per instance basis then it will be better to do that, but the difference will be insubstantial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The whole Backdraft/RE/F&B/Sac/WH build came up as a way to have a good all around generalist build for M+, as it sports great AoE and Cleave, while not loosing too much ST, which is why it is so appealing.
    Ah I see, think that set up is where I was consciously heading towards thank you

Deleted
    I personally use destruction for the general jack of all trades, but my build is:

Roaring Blaze, Reverse Entropy, Shadowfury, Eradication, Burning Rush, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Soul Conduit.

My build is simply based on the fact that with Sacrifice damage proc still makes rain of fire good damage. As well as not sacrificing a lot of damage on the bosses with FnB, my own personal preference.

Shadowfury is obvious utility which is needed.

What you want to know about warlock in m+ is to fully utilize fear (Slag throws, stops them destroying the raid, spam fear to interupt), shadowfurry timed correctly when needed, banish if its really needed although not often, command demon can be insanely good with bolstering a demon.

In general i'd say warlocks are one of the better classes in m+, although I know i'll get chewed alive for saying that here. There's obviously stronger classes, mages and hunters for example/

Last nigth, i got the lengendary ring which makes rain of fire apply the 8% fire dmg buff.
    Till now, i was going BD/REerradication/gosac/WH since i felt like it does pretty much similar amount of dmg since there are so few pulls that are +4 adds. Now wit the new ring, should i go F&B now since i will get increased dmg from the legendary? Actually the highest mitic + i've done in time was a +7 only.

Deleted
    I get what your saying baleful, Roaring blaze seems like a good cleave talent for the WH synergy having double buffed immolate on 2 enemies.

Deleted
    Ok guys a quick update I burned through the questing on the weekend and I am now 110 with ilvl 15 (will be getting boosted through some heroics and standard mythics in the coming day).

Now the way I see it I either go Backdraft - RE - Brimstone to do sustained AoE where I immolate all targets and then RoF with shards and fill with the brimstoned Incinerate. Gone for Wreak Havoc but maybe soul conduit suits this one more?

Or I go more cleave suited to make the most of Wreak Havoc: Roaring blaze - RE - Eradication.

What do you guys think the best way to do anything higher than +4? Purely AoE down trash packs or use Wreak Havoc and cast ST spells to burst down 2 targets at a time?

Input is always appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    kk bai bai. Aff shits on destro in high m+ as thats the only thing aff is doing well in atm...well nightmare drags too.
    In what dream are u in? In higher m+ u dont shitpull so affli is still shit the only place affli have a place are for raid trash.

Doesnt F&B diminish the worth of Wreak Havoc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    You could say so, but it's pretty negligible and even is irrelevant if add with havoc is not in the F&B clump.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Its a good point which is why I'm thinking that If I go the pure AoE route to take F+B with Soul Conduit to spam RoF a bit more.

Its a good point which is why I'm thinking that If I go the pure AoE route to take F+B with Soul Conduit to spam RoF a bit more.
    The only reason to worry aobut AoE as a destro lock is if your group magically does not have other classes better suited to it, like fire mage, or combat rogue, or hunter, or dk, or basically every other class in the game.

You sacrifice a lot of cleave and single target damage to pick up FnB, and considering cleave is THE best thing a destro lock does you should probably focus on that unless your group REALLY need that extra aoe burst. With RoF being instant cast now you don't even really lose much by skipping FnB anymore anyway.

Soul Conduit is an decent easy choice, but if your group is moving fast (which it should) and you are in higher + ranking where mobs have more health, then Havoc becomes the choice for maximum effectiveness. RoF spam isn't that great except in certain situations, powerful 2 target cleave is almost always useful.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/9#keystone=10

Deleted
    Thank you penguin, food for thought.

With the cleave build would you go backdraft for faster casting of CB or roaring blaze to buff the immolation on both targets?

Hey guys,

Decided to roll an alt lock, going to get it from 100-110 asap in the coming days.

My main reason for rolling is my main is a Druid (Restoration as main and ST balance as off). Now I love doing the Mythic dungeons I honestly have a much better time doing these than EN raid and my group are hovering around the +5 - +6 mark in terms of in time completion where I heal. I want to also have a dps class to run dungeons with and I find balance is good for ST but the talents to make it more aoe relevant I don't really like and the cleave is lackluster.

So here I am. Now I know I have to level and then grind some mythic 0 but I can sort that myself I'm pondering what spec to go and suggestions to talents for cleave an aoe (we never seem to have issues taking down bosses so ST focus is unnecessary).
    Im leaning towards Destruction just wondering what people think would be a good set of talents for entry level mythic and then +4 onwards if the talent choice changes. Ideally I want to level as the spec I am running dungeons with.

Any general hints, tips, talent choices with explanations all welcome.
    Hello! I also Main Resto Druid and I also made a demo lock a week ago because I also want a dps class.
    I say if you like floating talking skulls, go for demo!