Balance Druid DPS help

Hey, I'm having trouble getting my balance DPS up in raids, so any help is appreciated.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15745834/latest/
    Most Recent night: warcraftlogs.com/reports/rHFpZxbJhYP24dQ1#fight=1&type=damage-done
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Moon%20Guard/Turincal/simple

Name:Turincal
    Server:Moonguard
    Guild: Pact

Things I know I need to work on:
    Not getting 3 moon stacks
    Casting Astral communion on CD

Some questions:
    If I have to make a choice between wasting astral power, or wasting a Lunar/Solar Empowerment, which do I choose?
    If I ever have 3 stacks of Moon, Should i dump astral power first, or cast the moon spell as soon as possible?
    Are there any addons that can track dots on targets outside of my screen?

Also, just general tips on increasing my DPS are appreciated.
    Last edited by Soonspider; 2016-10-16 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Added Logs and Armory

I'm kind of in the same place as you regarding DPS in raids, underperforming for my gear.
    One thing i know and tested, if you have close to 3 moons, dump AP fast.
    It's okay if you overlap a couple empowerments, but sitting with 3 moons is a bigger dps loss.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

You can, and you should, post logs even if you can't post links, just remove the http:// part, without them it's hard to know what you're doing wrong.

General tips
    • Don't bother using Astral communion, you don't need the extra burst in Emerald Nightmare, BotA saves you a button to push and does the job.
    • Think ahead! Nature balance let's you keep the dots rolling on your target without having to cast them too many times, plan on having an empowered wrath if sunfire is going down and plan having an empowered Lunar strike when moonfire is going down.
    • If you are moving soon (example you just recieved Rot on Nythendra) pool 80 ap so you can cast 2 starsurges while you position Rot away and come back to the boss.
    • If you are not moving from your position anytime soon, dump your AP. Cast your moon spells on CD so that you can spam Starsurges.
    • Targets that die in less than 8 seconds are not worth dotting, just cast wrath or new moon on them and let someone else (melee for example) finish the job.
    • Flask of the whispered pact + Suramar surf and turf OR Azshari salad + Potions of the deadly grace OR Draenic intellect potion (cheaper)

To answer your questions:
    1. Wasted AP is worse than wasted empowerments. Also, if you have to make this choice, you're poorly managing your AP generating spells.
    Starsurge is our main source of damage on most fights, so wasting AP means you're throwing away dps.
    2. New Moon, Half Moon and Full Moon give you 10, 20 and 40 AP respectively, so if you are at 30 or more AP when you notice you have 3 MoonMoon stacks, you'll have to cast Starsurge at some point. Keep in mind you should never have 3 stacks of MoonMoon except during pull.
    3. Personally I use Shadowed Unit Frames, which I customized a little to track dots. Maybe there are easier things.

Last but not least: mmo-champion.com/threads/2059970-WA2-Astral-Power-Pro-Bar-(Cyous)
    This will help a LOT.
    Last edited by Hoto; 2016-10-14 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoto View Post
    You can, and you should, post logs even if you can't post links, just remove the part, without them it's hard to know what you're doing wrong.

General tips
    • Don't bother using Astral communion, you don't need the extra burst in Emerald Nightmare, BotA saves you a button to push and does the job.
    • Think ahead! Nature balance let's you keep the dots rolling on your target without having to cast them too many times, plan on having an empowered wrath if sunfire is going down and plan having an empowered Lunar strike when moonfire is going down.
    • If you are moving soon (example you just recieved Rot on Nythendra) pool 80 ap so you can cast 2 starsurges while you position Rot away and come back to the boss.
    • If you are not moving from your position anytime soon, dump your AP. Cast your moon spells on CD so that you can spam Starsurges.
    • Targets that die in less than 8 seconds are not worth dotting, just cast wrath or new moon on them and let someone else (melee for example) finish the job.
    • Flask of the whispered pact + Suramar surf and turf OR Azshari salad + Potions of the deadly grace OR Draenic intellect potion (cheaper)

To answer your questions:
    1. Wasted AP is worse than wasted empowerments. Also, if you have to make this choice, you're poorly managing your AP generating spells.
    Starsurge is our main source of damage on most fights, so wasting AP means you're throwing away dps.
    2. New Moon, Half Moon and Full Moon give you 10, 20 and 40 AP respectively, so if you are at 30 or more AP when you notice you have 3 MoonMoon stacks, you'll have to cast Starsurge at some point. Keep in mind you should never have 3 stacks of MoonMoon except during pull.
    3. Personally I use Shadowed Unit Frames, which I customized a little to track dots. Maybe there are easier things.
    Edited the main post and added the logs and armory, Thanks for the workaround.

Also, I am already using the pro bar. And thanks for answering my questions

Also, your second trinkets (Bough, unstable horrorslime) are both fairly terrible. Plaguehive is good, but I would try to use a better trinket for your second slot; Stormsinger (if you can snapshot) is probably going to be your best choice, naraxas tongue would be good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizrael View Post
    Also, your second trinkets (Bough, unstable horrorslime) are both fairly terrible. Plaguehive is good, but I would try to use a better trinket for your second slot; Stormsinger (if you can snapshot) is probably going to be your best choice, naraxas tongue would be good as well.
    Stormsinger is really strong but its damage really picks off with the dreamcatcher and from what I've seen people who are already underperforming will probably just end up messing it up anyway. Would definitely recommend a shock baton, naraxus, arcanocrystal or even chrono shard over stormsinger (in combination with plaguehive of course).