Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    that dr igor looks like a big ole smiley fella. i like him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You're right actually. I just did 30 seconds of research on the internet (don't know what the source was, I wasn't paying attention. I'm sure it doesn't matter) and found some guy who says it's Thor up on a magic cloud who channels that wireless signal to your cave. He wholeheartedly approves of this endeavor to build a monument to the glory of Asgard amidst the heavens, and will smite you if you continue your heretical ways. (Again this wasn't Thor saying this to me directly, it was some guy on the internet who knew some other guy on the internet who says he definitely heard Thor say this.)
    I feel I should point out that an attempted insult isn't a rebuttal.

Deleted
    If humanity ever manages to colonize and populate another planet I wonder how long it will be before a war between Earth and that planet breaks out.

I guess as soon as that planet wants its freedom and not pay taxes anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    If by "trolling" you mean simply pointing out a truism, then yeah... go ahead and call it trolling.
    Truism? Ok, I want to have a laugh. What is your proof that outer space does not exist?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo... whose's ass are they guarding exactly?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    The first thing I thought regarding this case is:
    All hail the Principality of Zeon Asgardia.
    Sieg Zeon! Athygli Asgardia! (Thank you, google translate)

For those of you who don't get what I am talking about, it's the first Gundam series (also known as Gundam '79) which (per my opinion) basically was a philosophical thought project, may or may be Sci-Fi, although more correct to say it that way, which the "space nation state" might become and, of course, their (space nation's) relationship to those staying on Earth would be a relevant case, despite the story in the anime/manga not taking place in the real world.

Onto the topic. It's still a very early phase, if we can call such a phase, as it will take years upon years of research, construction and medical examinations on test subjects. As the space station of which I cannot remember the name of is but orbiting the earth and "technically" not in the vast wilderness we call space, we first have to create a station located as close to earth yet as much into the space as possible without risking human lives too much.

It has to be sturdy/durable, capable of growing vegetables/plant life and have a self sustained flow of oxygen, as we all know, there's no air in space.
    Sewage system would be another problem depending on the size of the "nation", as more than 50.000 has requested to join such a nation, there'll have to be a way in order to sustain, use and be used by all of those wishing to join a space nation.

Personally, I would be viewing (if I still live) it start up and enjoy a relaxed life here on earth, the home which birthed me and the home which I will become soil to flourish the new flora.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2016-10-17 at 06:23 PM.

In b4 "Sig Zion!" or the Cybran Nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    Looks like it sponsored by kernal sanders
    You don't mean Kerbal Sanders?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If humanity ever manages to colonize and populate another planet I wonder how long it will be before a war between Earth and that planet breaks out.

I guess as soon as that planet wants its freedom and not pay taxes anymore?
    Give it a generation or two.

First generation colonists will not survive without Earth's support.

Second generation could start to have self-sustained economy, but not enough resources or will to fuck with Earth, with whom they have had good relations up to that point.

The third generation would have lived on Mars for all of their lives, and will see Earth only as an oppressing force who is leeching on their hard work without giving them anything back. Cue cries for true intependence and war against the oppressors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Truism? Ok, I want to have a laugh. What is your proof that outer space does not exist?
    Send me a private message about it. I can't discuss such things in the forums without either getting banned or the thread locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weak. I expect more wit, more intelligent snide, than what you've managed to come up with here.

There are those of us who believe there is no such thing as outer space and we're not "crazy."
    If you are not crazy then you are goddamned idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If you are not crazy then you are goddamned idiots.
    Yes, I'm idiots plural.

It's because the bible doesn't talk about space or other planets.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I'm idiots plural.
    She's saying everyone who thinks like you are idiots, hence the plural.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It's because the bible doesn't talk about space or other planets.

- - - Updated - - -

everyone knows really old books > science

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Or maybe she doesn't have quite the mental acumen she claims to have.

I sincerely hope that you are just trolling us.
    If he is he's really dedicated to it. No matter, Thor will strike him down from his new throne in Asgardia when the time comes. As the old adage goes "you can't reason someone out of a belief they didn't reason themselves into", so Thor's holy smitage will have to run its course instead.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-10-18 at 05:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope that you are just trolling us.
    He's not trolling, either he's like 500 years old, or was locked in a church with a tinfoil surplus for the first 20 years of his life.

I'm not going to call Hammerfest outright stupid, as that'd just suggest that he can't learn something, but it's astonishingly sad how someone in the first world (I assume) can be raised to be so ignorant and extremely suspicious of anything outside of his good book.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-10-19 at 01:17 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it