Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    RC loot council is what my guild uses. And they gear dps first. Since I'm a tank I get gear when no one else need it XD
    We're 3/7 mythic and yesterday we did a heroic run and I gained 5 ilvls on my gear... that's how undergeared I am
    But I don't mind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    RCLootCouncil.
    We have the settings: BiS Stats, Upgrade, Minor Upgrade, Offspecc and Pass.

It is noteworthy, that BiS STATS really means the stats, and not that the item in question is the most viable of the currently dropping items for that slot. Therefore, it might be that you have slots with no BiS Stat items as it is atm. Trinkets are valued by their effect, relics are valued by the trait they push.

Furthermore, trials have lower priority and we DO punish people sometimes by not granting them loot, if the officers vote for that.

Lastly, the last word is with the Lootcouncil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

We use personal in heroic and normal runs. Mythic we still LC mostly because of time. Everyone standing around figuring out what to trade to who and why just uses up to much of the raids time and the officers and I don't get involved in forcing people to trade items they get from personal loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    I actually was about to make a post about this, but may as well ask/rant/bitch here.
    So. My guild is using RCLootcouncil. I am Raidleader (and therefore part of the Lootcouncil) in this guild and we´re doing fairly well. Its a new guild, so we ofc have some problems, but every time we kill a boss and loot is being distributed, I really really want to punch my fellow Lootcouncil.
    Our guild leader is the one who actually distributes the loot, while we vote on who gets items. But, he really doesnt have a clue on who should get items. Last night w had a 870 ring drop, and he wanted to give it to a member with 895/870 rings because "it has more haste"...
    Maybe I´m in the wrong here, but shouldnt we give items like this to ppl with e.g. 840 rings? Some ppl just arent lucky in m+ and dont already have all 860+ items. The same for items one of our Lootcouncil needs. Had two 850 chests drop in our first normal run, both went to LC Members who had 845 and 840, while our resto druid with his 810 chest got nothing...
    I wouldn't give loot to a guy who starts raiding with a 810 chest either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    "You can have it, you need it more."
    "No no, you should get it, you're doing better."
    "Nahh, that's why I don't need it."
    Me: "FFS. I WANNA MASTERLOOT THIS AND GO KILL ANOTHER BOSS. Someone take the damned thing!!"
    Thankfully that's what it looks like right now in my guild. Ain't missing those Classic days of major loot drama.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-10-14 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I wouldn't give loot to a guy who starts raiding with a 810 chest either.
    I concur. Also to answer to the post you're quoting, ilvl on jewelry means virtually nothing in Legion, so yeah, I'd give the ring to the person that benefits more from its itemization rather than look at ilvl. Although, at the same time, a person who has 895/870 rings with bad itemization, probably chose them over 850 rings with proper itemization, so I'd have a word with him.

We do personal loot, no drama, no favoritism. If something drops that someone doesn't need and multiple people want it then they /roll for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently running normal/HC. Using personal for that.

May consider switching when it comes to mythic.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

It's quite easy, if you have to ask on a forum what the best loot system for your guild is then the obvious answer is personal loot.

In a guild that values progression far beyond personal gain loot council is the only viable choice. But this simply requires that all people understand they are playing for the greater goal, and the loot has to be distributed in a way that it also achieves this.

But loot council is also prone to corruption, and even if the loot council would distribute the items fairly that does not mean that the guild members agree. This will poison the guild. I am yet to see a semi-progressed guild to use loot council beyond a short test phase.

DKP is pretty much every form is outdated, it either breaks down to pure RNG (for fixed item prices) or unevenly distribution that does not reflect the actual attendence (caused by two people outbidding them). And it has a huge overhead of keeping track of the points.

Personal loot is completely based on RNG. But it should even out with time. So someone who appears every three weeks to a raid might get items others are waiting for for weeks, yet the others had more chances on the loot.
    And PL can still contribute to the entire raid. Obviously not as good as loot council as the trading is still restricted, but unless you are running with 19 selfish people when the people have the base ilvl gear from the tier you are running they are willing to share. Completely unrelated, this also seems to work pretty decently in pugs at the moment.

Personal is best for casual players (like me).
    Loot Council is best for good guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucky2910 View Post
    Wanted to know how your guild distribute the Raid Loot Items?
    Personal loot.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

We use KonferSK, so far so good. (not hardcore players)

We use KonferSK. There's a list where every raider is placed. When an item drops, people whisper "bid" to the person handling the looting. You then get the item based on how high you are on the list compared to others rolling. You can be @ spot 15 on the overall list, but the people also interested in the items might be on spots 16, 17 and lower which wins you the item.

It makes people think a little and not just chase upgrades, and makes sure that loot distribution is clean with little to no drama (apart from the occasional loot whores that want ALL the epix!) and puts it on each raider to know beforehand what they will go for in terms of drops. Of course, as everyone gets geared, it gets easier obtaining upgrades with the system should you want pieces for offspecs and such.

I've been in guilds using Lootcouncil, DKP, /rolls and the system my guild uses now has felt like the best one. I imagine that more hardcore guilds want to use Lootcouncil to distribute gear where it does the most to boost raid performance.

I've never come across a loot system that works better than the one my guild uses now. It's mish/mash between loot points and loot council.

Bis>MS>OS

If an item is BiS for you, you get priority over everyone, if you have less loot points than all the other people that call BiS, you get it. Simple as, you get 1 lootpoint for every 1 BiS Item you loot. Non BiS/Heroic loot just gets rolled for nice and simple Prio for people that haven't won much/need it more. You get penalised for not rolling too, so you can't "wait for X trinket to drop" and have 100% chance of winning it.

I'm unable to pick fault in it tbh.

EPGP + LootCouncil.

EPGP for the vast majority of things, LootCouncil to override for 2set/4set/BiS etc. We have EPGP setup for 2s/4set also, so they will be higher up than just "MS".

Deleted
    We are a casual guild (6hrs a week, 7/7 HC but no plans on doing mythic yet). We have one person deciding on loot distribution. For transparency we have a Google sheet with rules laid out and items received.

Rules are:
    0. Trials don't get loot during trial (3 raid nights) if any raider rolls Need.
    1. DPS > Tanks = Healers
    2. BiS > Need > Greed (off spec) > Greed (tmog) > DE
    3. Items received so far

The only exception is godly rolls (880+) - they get awarded to highest performing players, still following rules 1 and 2.

For us this system works very well, in the past 5 years I've been in the guild we had 0 loot quarrels.

Deleted
    Lootcouncil, if you are on good terms with them you get loot if you are on their list of bad/negative/nonsocial dudes you will hardly get loot.

If you want it to be 100% "fair", then Suicide Kings is the best loot method for you, but is fucking awful if you want to make decent progress.

If you want loot to go to those who put in work, the EPGP is your best bet, but this favors people who have tons of free time rather than people who work busy schedules and can only make it for raids and maybe a few dungeons.

If you want to min/max your progress and clear content, then Loot Council is the best option. Unfortunately it only works when everyone knows their classes inside/out and know what items are best for them, as well as people need to trust those who are in charge of loot.

If you don't want to bother with loot, just leave it on personal.

Deleted
    Best system is the HC guild system and most fair.

most hc guilds all have above 90% attendance so lets ignore the attandance but some guilds have members with this issue its up to you to decide, frankly i think a guy with 100% attandance that you trust compared to a new guy recently joined that week or somone that misses like 1 every 3 raid days should have lower priority even if its bis for him or higher upgrade than the other person.

Now the thing is BiS stat, ilvl upgrade. then it goes like this dps> healer > tank. back in the day it was tank close to dps but those days are long gone sadly ilvl upgrade changes on tank but the bosses dont hit hard enuff nowdays,

Deleted
    Guilds who use personal loot, please explain me if 3 items drop and all 3 people dont need their items how do you distribute loot than? All 3 people want to give the loot to other people and all 3 start talking in Voice, i see much chaos there. Who do you handle this scenario?

My guild is just casual (only heroic) and we just put it on personal loot for the first few weeks then go to group loot once people have most things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky2910 View Post
    Guilds who use personal loot, please explain me if 3 items drop and all 3 people dont need their items how do you distribute loot than? All 3 people want to give the loot to other people and all 3 start talking in Voice, i see much chaos there. Who do you handle this scenario?
    That's like 5 seconds of "chaos" lol It's not really a problem.