Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Oh my bad, I don't know why I thought that line of text was in the base item without Supremacy - I've looked it in game with mine and yup, it's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You have confirmation in item tooltip, I did not test this personally, but I am sure some did in Beta.

Will someone PLEASE just get the Bracers / ring combo allready and confirm these? coz i had the same question and everyone on discord was saying they DON'T actualy combo because the bracers have a 3 min ICD and this was "tested on beta".....

On Topic: In a perfect world you'd have Sin'dorei Spite, Feretory of Souls and Kazzak's final Curse.... personaly i'm keeping my loot spec on Demo for the moment thill i get a 2nd Legendary (have bracers yey) since, as someone also said above there isn't a Demo legendary i'd regret having, the Havoc one and the RoF one tho... (don't get me wrong , yes the havoc one IS a flat 8% dps buff across the board.... it's just sooooo boring).

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Will someone PLEASE just get the Bracers / ring combo allready and confirm these? coz i had the same question and everyone on discord was saying they DON'T actualy combo because the bracers have a 3 min ICD and this was "tested on beta".....
    Yeah, I'll get right on that...

I'll just put in a ticket saying that they need to give me these. For science.

I just wonder why they would want a double negative for Supremacy on that one. They already have to pet twist just (or whatever a better term would be for re-summoning your current pet) in the first place for the one, but to then just literally have no benefit whatsoever from the other.

Like ... it would be too powerful for Supremacy, even tho it's weaker for Supremacy than the other two options (cast time on re-summon rather than instant) ? I just don't get the underlying reasoning.

Honestly I'm assuming there's some kind of oversight by Blizz here if it does indeed work more often than once every 3 minutes for the options other than Supremacy (either it's not supposed to for them if it does, or they forgot to remove that penalty from Supremacy). But since we don't have confirmation either way right now ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it makes perfect sense, if there was no limitation for supremacy you would just maintain the buff by resummoning every 25 seconds.

No, it makes perfect sense, if there was no limitation for supremacy you would just maintain the buff by resummoning every 25 seconds.
    Who said no limit ? I'm wondering why it doesn't have the same limit as the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not understand you clearly, as I think I gave you the reason just above.

As a whole the deal is simple, for Destruction, Lord of Flames initially was tied to Rain of Fire - it was changed to Summon Infernal on community recommendation and it's infinitely better than having it on RoF, but unfortunately it makes it a bit of a pain for Supremacy, although I'd rather have that instead of not being able to cast Rain of Fire.

As for Demo situation, I gave explanation above why there is a limit for Supremacy specifically. Not sure what's the issue with that explanation.

I mean, if you want to nitpick - it goes both ways, Supremacy uniquely removes cooldown from Summon D/I spell, while others do not and if we want all fair and square then make supremacy not remove DG CD also.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-16 at 06:58 AM.

I do not understand you clearly, as I think I gave you the reason just above.

As a whole the deal is simple, for Destruction, Lord of Flames initially was tied to Rain of Fire - it was changed to Summon Infernal on community recommendation and it's infinitely better than having it on RoF, but unfortunately it makes it a bit of a pain for Supremacy, although I'd rather have that instead of not being able to cast Rain of Fire.

As for Demo situation, I gave explanation above why there is a limit for Supremacy specifically. Not sure what's the issue with that explanation.

I mean, if you want to nitpick - it goes both ways, Supremacy uniquely removes cooldown from Summon D/I spell, while others do not and if we want all fair and square then make supremacy not remove DG CD also.
    I really don't get what you're not getting. Supremacy, with both legendaries, can only get the damage bonus once every 3 minutes. The other two can get the damage bonus more often than every 3 minutes.

I'm not talking about Supremacy being able to maintain the damage buff permanently. You introduced that idea and then got stuck on it.

I'm talking about Supremacy being able to maintain the buff for as long as the other two talents are able to. The other two talents are able to get it more often than once every 3 minutes if they have both legendaries. Demo with both legendaries can only get the buff once every 3 minutes, and that seems odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty easy to explain, stuff that works differently based on talents is already confusing enough (as seen in this thread for example), making that AND based on some world drop? Don't think they were psyched at this idea.

It is safe to assume they are not oblivious to the fact that Supremacy and having CD reducing artifact and having damage boosting on summon artifact do not mix well together, but this is basically one of the things that are on player really to avoid, they can't really go ahead and spoon-feed everyone all the time.

I mean you can say the same thing about having Wilfred's Sigil AND Supremacy, which naturally makes Sigil useless and really, that's on player to realize that maybe they should not use Supremacy OR Sigil in that case, I mean come on?

Easy. Either have the tooltip adjust to display the reduced time, or if that's too hard (I don't see how - tooltips adjust information in real-time all the time) just don't have any mention of a limitation and let players figure it out. Would probably take 10 seconds for someone to make a weak aura to track the ICD for Supremacy users.

Was the concept of snapshotting ever on any tooltip in-game ? My point being that they have no problem with having esoteric / hidden information that you literally have to go to a 3rd-party website to find.

And it would taken literally all of 26 seconds for a Supremacy player to see they didn't get the damage buff again upon immediately resummoning.

I think Supremacy having the same limit as the other two is more consistent and intuitive. And I get the idea that not everything should necessarily work in combination with everything else, I just don't buy the reasoning for why that should be the case here. And honestly that's a bigger conversation about whether it's acceptable to have trap talent combinations (Old sacrifice and Servitude having no synergy, for example). Personally I think there should never be a case where taking a talent or a legendary is literally no dps increase at all over not having a talent selected / same-ilvl non-legendary in that slot, but, again, that's a bigger discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or much simpler - don't use Wilfred's Sigil if you use Supremacy?

Really, sorry, but it's just that and it is as intuitive as it gets, really. It's absolutely same thing as many things in game - some talents do not work as well with some stuff as others and are not really meant to.

Not everything in the game should be engineered to be idiot-proof, there should be at least some gap for using common sense for people, really.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-16 at 06:24 PM.

Or much simpler - don't use Wilfred's Sigil if you use Supremacy?

Really, sorry, but it's just that and it is as intuitive as it gets, really. It's absolutely same thing as many things in game - some talents do not work as well with some stuff as others and are not really meant to.

Not everything in the game should be engineered to be idiot-proof, there should be at least some gap for using common sense for people, really.
    There's a difference between idiot proof and "Why is this limitation here ?". There's a difference between not working as well with some combinations, and providing literally no benefit at all.

I get why Supremacy shouldn't be able to have the damage buff permanently. I've yet to see a valid reason why it should have a stronger limitation than the other two talents. Why not just have the tooltip update ? And actually do we even know it doesn't ? We've yet to see reports from anyone who has both on live.

Just try Sindorei Spite with a suicide on a boss fight. Doomguard CD is reset, but if you use it right after the res, you won't get the damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Just try Sindorei Spite with a suicide on a boss fight. Doomguard CD is reset, but if you use it right after the res, you won't get the damage buff.
    That's idiotic.

Deleted
    From my xavius kill I learned that the 3 minute cd on the damage buff is also without surpremacy making something that looks like a sick combo the opposite

That part is only in effect when you select Grimoire of Supremacy, which throws rest of your stuff out of the window.
    It pertained to both with and without sup in the alpha / beta. But could always have changed once it made its way to live.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It pertained to both with and without sup in the alpha / beta. But could always have changed once it made its way to live.
    That's unfortunate and hopefully a bug, but hey then, at least justice is restored apparently by making everyone equally screwed ^^

That's unfortunate and hopefully a bug, but hey then, at least justice is restored apparently by making everyone equally screwed ^^
    Honestly was happy when I initially saw them make the change as it would've been an obvious OP combo unlike pretty much any other combo. One basically doubles the value of the other which really shouldn't happen and could easily be the kind of thing that'd make a single spec over perform.

But again, it could totally have been changed back on its way to live and be the way you're saying. I have no idea as I don't have it and haven't seen anyone with both.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Makes more sense for all to have the same limit. I guess I get why they wouldn't want them to synergize. Would be pretty hard to balance Demo between locks who have none / have one / have both. It would def been the most OP legendary combo. But man wouldn't that have been awesome.