Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Question

Ok I am trying the Rend build.

I am trying to make a WA that should show a Rend icon if:
    • Rend is selected as a talent
    • The target has less than 2.5sec of rend debuff time
    • The target doesn't have rend applied
    If anybody knows how to do that, that would be awesome, for now I just have a WA that shows the rend on the target, kind of ok but would like something that require less thinking in the middle of a fight.

also, does anybody knows a macro for BS/Ravager? My idea is:
    • If Ravager is selected, then the macro cast BC+Ravager on the selected target, on me if no target selected
    • BC+Bladestorm else
    if anybody is good at such thing?

Finally if anybody can tell me the advantage of using TM instead of FoB for adds fights/M+, I would love to hear more feedback!
    Thanks!

Edit: The compendium just got updated, got some of my answered clarified. I also discovered this spreadsheet that explain each fight in details, that really help for the difference between TM and FoB. Basically if adds are alive a long time, or big pull, take TM, else FoB is better. This gives me a better understanding between both builds that could be modified as well. Like taking both Trauma and TM for instance for fight with long adds I guess. I would love to see more youtube videos, I will try to check that out, if anybody has some really good m+ runs that would help me to clarify to check in details!
    Last edited by Polopollo; 2017-07-11 at 03:27 AM.

Deleted
    Find me in Discord - Todu - ill give ya both.

Quote Originally Posted by Todu View Post
    Find me in Discord - Todu - ill give ya both.
    be a good boy and share with us plz =D

- - - Updated - - -

Engine of Eradication is simulated with base duration only or it add some orbs colected?

Deleted
    #showtooltip Bladestorm
    /cast Battle Cry
    /cast [@player] Bladestorm

That will change depending u go with rav or ops.
    As for rend wa string u need to find me in discord, too long to post it here....

I also use a @mouseover macro for execute

/cast [target=mouseover,harm,exists,nodead]Execute; Execute

I know it also should work for Colossus smash, but to cleave the execute one is pretty good

Dont see a lot of info on it, so ill ask here, im seeing some people switch to ravager for single target and even some guides recomending it, however they never go in depth about execute phase. im noticing a huge difference in execute performance versus opportunity strike, basically where you where close to full rage execute hitting for 2mil~, you are now rage starved with ravager during executes hitting for 400k, almost to the point where you dont have rage to use your GCDs.

because ravager is on a "shortish" cd ive been trying to spam it on CD during execute but i still get lulls, during the lulls i have been using my CS procs whenever they come up to try and keep my rotation going and my rage bar above 20~, my only arms leg is ring, others are all stat sticks.

anyone else ran into the rage starvation execute with ravager? what should my rotation be during ravager execute, should i still be holding my cs for 2x EP?
    Last edited by kaganpwnz; 2017-07-13 at 04:35 PM.

From what I understood, Ravager in the rend build is useful for "short burst phases" Like Maiden when you have all the buff stacks, or KJ for the adds. And yes it makes your execute phase weaker. I'd say it depends on how good your teammates are with adds/execute.

Personally I am seeking for heroic KJ videos with Ravager cuz in p2, he spawns "adds -> tank-add -> adds" and some people claim they can use Ravager for all 3, but without CoF my BC is definitely not ready for the tank-add. So I am really curious about these top people who say to use that.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polopollo View Post
    From what I understood, Ravager in the rend build is useful for "short burst phases" Like Maiden when you have all the buff stacks, or KJ for the adds. And yes it makes your execute phase weaker. I'd say it depends on how good your teammates are with adds/execute.

Personally I am seeking for heroic KJ videos with Ravager cuz in p2, he spawns "adds -> tank-add -> adds" and some people claim they can use Ravager for all 3, but without CoF my BC is definitely not ready for the tank-add. So I am really curious about these top people who say to use that.
    Probably using CoF?
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

No, apparently the top heroic KJ build is not using CoF, and use Ravager without:

When the tank-add pops up, between 3 and 3:44.

I can see he casted a Ravager at this time. But no BC

I guess it is less an emergency to kill the tank-add.

The legendary helmet is nerfed by a large number on the ptr (reduced from 4% to 2% by stack), so I imagine gauntlet will return BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Silveroc View Post
    The legendary helmet is nerfed by a large number on the ptr (reduced from 4% to 2% by stack), so I imagine gauntlet will return BiS.
    Fuuuuuuck that shit.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

It's currently still 4% with Ravager, although that is likely oversight. Keep in mind that the PTR changes may come ahead of the new tier, but Bladestorm also likely won't be used once T20 is gone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Silveroc View Post
    Awesome, so arms is definately in top 3-4 spots on many fights but usually surpassed by locks of all sorts and it's us again who are getting hit...thanks blizz. It seems that it's true that warriors simply can't occupy top 5 spots dps wise in raids for more than a few weeks in blizzards "class fantasy". It's so retarded, arms is not even in top spots on aoe heavy fights where the helmet buff is the most significant. Can we finaly get a warrior person in one of the wow dev team work place, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Awesome, so arms is definately in top 3-4 spots on many fights but usually surpassed by locks of all sorts and it's us again who are getting hit...thanks blizz. It seems that it's true that warriors simply can't occupy top 5 spots dps wise in raids for more than a few weeks in blizzards "class fantasy". It's so retarded, arms is not even in top spots on aoe heavy fights where the helmet buff is the most significant. Can we finaly get a warrior person in one of the wow dev team work place, please?
    QQ aside, just because another spec more imbalanced doesn't mean you're not imbalanced too.

Hey guys what 4pc slots should you aim for? I know it depends on what you have, but let's say you have the legendary helm and rning? Some pieces seem to have crappy stats.

The bis list said cloak, shoulder, chest, legs for the set, and off set hands from sisters of the moon or fallen avatar.

Obviously, all at the same ilvl.
    Last edited by Silveroc; 2017-07-20 at 11:23 PM.

A lot of people, myself included, are using shoulders from goroth and tier gloves instead since you can get both of those from earlier bosses so better chances at warforge.

Deleted
    Any insights/updates regarding the upcoming nerfs for BiS helm and ring?

I would assume helm might stay BiS but since ring anyway has heavy crit, the gloves may come out ahead once more?
    Another possiblity would be to go back to 2T19 with helm (also BiS stats) and gloves, using KJ/Reth/Boots/Prydaz as leg combo.

Does anyone know whether these changes are already implemented in some nightly simcraft build?

Quote Originally Posted by Avyrana View Post
    Any insights/updates regarding the upcoming nerfs for BiS helm and ring?

I would assume helm might stay BiS but since ring anyway has heavy crit, the gloves may come out ahead once more?
    Another possiblity would be to go back to 2T19 with helm (also BiS stats) and gloves, using KJ/Reth/Boots/Prydaz as leg combo.

Does anyone know whether these changes are already implemented in some nightly simcraft build?
    Ring is still BiS, along with Helm/Gloves. The numbers change a bit, but the overall effect doesn't, and those pieces are far too dominant to be replaced by non-dps legendaries.

SimC will be updated once the spelldata hits live.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback on this, Archi!

On another note I have seen in the KJ Mythic kill video from method that at least 1 arms warrior was actually playing the FR build. Any ideas on why he played it since sims actually suggest Rend/TM to come out ahead? Was it solely for add bursting with a triple stacked MS+SS on boss?

I unfortately can't test it myself, don't have the leg ring...