Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Has anyone had any experience using Overpower over Dauntless? I'm using gloves/ayala's for legos and I feel I'm never rage starved. Using Overpower brought back memories of Cata Arms Warrior for some reason and I feel inclined to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Has anyone had any experience using Overpower over Dauntless? I'm using gloves/ayala's for legos and I feel I'm never rage starved. Using Overpower brought back memories of Cata Arms Warrior for some reason and I feel inclined to use it
    Plenty of good players use Overpower, it's more or less a preference thing. It does add another RNG element to the spec which could put a bad taste in some players mouths.

Give it a try and if you like it, use it.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    Plenty of good players use Overpower, it's more or less a preference thing. It does add another RNG element to the spec which could put a bad taste in some players mouths.

Give it a try and if you like it, use it.
    I play arms as my secondary spec but I have found it fun to play in raids recently. I like having overpower.

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I tried Arms yesterday and ran into a scenario where I wasn't sure what was the best.

During the execute phase, after using execute, if you get a Tactician proc, should you use CS right away then execute, then MS? Or Delay your proc as to get 2 stacks of executioner's precision, then CS > MS?

So basically, what's the best: Execute (1stack) > CS > Execute (2stacks) > MS? Or : Exec (1stack) > Exec (2stacks) > CS > MS?

I always go 2 stacks then CS for MS.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Sorry if this question has already been asked. I tried Arms yesterday and ran into a scenario where I wasn't sure what was the best.

During the execute phase, after using execute, if you get a Tactician proc, should you use CS right away then execute, then MS? Or Delay your proc as to get 2 stacks of executioner's precision, then CS > MS?

So basically, what's the best: Execute (1stack) > CS > Execute (2stacks) > MS? Or : Exec (1stack) > Exec (2stacks) > CS > MS?
    CS > Exe (1s) > CS > Exe (2s) > CS > MS

If you do not get the cs after the Exe (2stacks), you spam exe till it resets CS, then CS > MS

Basically you only MS if you have 0 EP and no SD (with gloves, if im not mistaken) OR if you have 2 EP + SD
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

I used to play arms in TOS, and returned to game 3 weeks ago after 6 months break. I dont have legendary gloves, I use ayala ring and KBW. And I am always rage starved, even when I pop my BC I dont have rage to cast anything. Before I saved bladestorm for execute phase in case I am rage starved but now I dont have any way of getting rage in execute phase. Will this change if I have legendary gloves, how much does it help? I am asking so I know if I should invest in arms further or play fury... If its going to change with gloves i will stick with arms.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksaMaster View Post
    I used to play arms in TOS, and returned to game 3 weeks ago after 6 months break. I dont have legendary gloves, I use ayala ring and KBW. And I am always rage starved, even when I pop my BC I dont have rage to cast anything. Before I saved bladestorm for execute phase in case I am rage starved but now I dont have any way of getting rage in execute phase. Will this change if I have legendary gloves, how much does it help? I am asking so I know if I should invest in arms further or play fury... If its going to change with gloves i will stick with arms.
    I wouldn't bother playing Fury if you don't have CoF and the right legendaries honestly. You're going to do subpar DPS and not really have fun. Especially if you stick to NM or even HM. People have so much gear now that exec phases are too short to really get high Jugg stacks.

That being said, I have no Arms legendaries and I don't really have Rage issues. Maybe the ring is the reason?

Honestly, I don't even use the gloves. I use two legendary rings. Ayala's because fuck yeah free Execute and Battlelord so that when I Battle Cry, I know I can spam WW to my hearts content.
    Priest Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Bobisadrummer View Post
    Honestly, I don't even use the gloves. I use two legendary rings. Ayala's because fuck yeah free Execute and Battlelord so that when I Battle Cry, I know I can spam WW to my hearts content.
    That's a pretty bad way to use your Battle Cry window if RNGesus gives you procs.

But hey, you do you, Scotty P.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

That's a pretty bad way to use your Battle Cry window if RNGesus gives you procs.

But hey, you do you, Scotty P.
    What are you talking about?
    Priest Warrior

Why am I simming 100k more in simcraft than in raidbots? Isnt it the same thing?

Why am I simming 100k more in simcraft than in raidbots? Isnt it the same thing?
    Raidbots uses SimCraft the same way you do, yes. If you're getting different results, either you're using a different version (check the output for the version string) or you have different variables selected (check the options).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    What are you talking about?
    He's saying that if you get lucky and Tactician procs, you don't want to be spamming WW and instead want to be using CS+MS, which is wasteful toward Deadly Calm, and undermines the point of using Soul of the Battlelord.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    He's saying that if you get lucky and Tactician procs, you don't want to be spamming WW and instead want to be using CS+MS, which is wasteful toward Deadly Calm, and undermines the point of using Soul of the Battlelord.
    I never said I'd forego a CS to MS if tactician proc'd, he made a poor assumption. But when you don't get that tactician proc, it's really nice to be able to use whichever ability you want, rather than waste BC because there's no rage.
    Priest Warrior

I never said I'd forego a CS to MS if tactician proc'd, he made a poor assumption. But when you don't get that tactician proc, it's really nice to be able to use whichever ability you want, rather than waste BC because there's no rage.
    Assumption aside, the way you worded it was equally poor, but I digress.

Does your Soul of the Battlelord sim better than the gloves? I doubt it. So you're willingly gimping yourself by equipping it over Archavon's Heavy Hand... which played into why someone might assume you mean you equip Soul to spam WW without further thought.

Apologies for the assumption. If you're having fun with putting that limitation on yourself, more power to ya warrior brother!

Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Assumption aside, the way you worded it was equally poor, but I digress.

Does your Soul of the Battlelord sim better than the gloves? I doubt it. So you're willingly gimping yourself by equipping it over Archavon's Heavy Hand... which played into why someone might assume you mean you equip Soul to spam WW without further thought.

Apologies for the assumption. If you're having fun with putting that limitation on yourself, more power to ya warrior brother!

For someone with a signature of " Radiate Positivity " you sure do communicate in a most terrible condescending manner.

Let's see...

Scenario 1) I use gloves, and my MS costs 8 less rage and I have to hold BC because I have no rage or pop BC and it goes to waste because Tactician didn't proc (which never happens right... right?) and oops, I have no rage.

Scenario 2) I use SotB ring and I get to use BC whenever I want and I either, get Tactician procs, great... or I don't, and I get to use my 30 rage filler as much as I need to and not have BC wasted.

Hmm... idk.

But thanks for suggesting I gear and play my warrior for patchwerk fights, which we have SO many of
    Priest Warrior

Scenario 1) I use gloves, and my MS costs 8 less rage and I have to hold BC because I have no rage or pop BC and it goes to waste because Tactician didn't proc (which never happens right... right?) and oops, I have no rage.

Scenario 2) I use SotB ring and I get to use BC whenever I want and I either, get Tactician procs, great... or I don't, and I get to use my 30 rage filler as much as I need to and not have BC wasted.

Hmm... idk.
    That's an interesting proposition because I don't have the legendary gloves and I've noticed a severe drop in DPS if I take Fervor of Battle over Titanic Might because I'm essentially rage starved. Waiting around for either Tactician or the rage to use WW feels terrible and judging by the design direction for Arms in BfA, it looks like Blizz agrees. But I do have SotB so I might try it out with Fervor of Battle and see if I can make that build work. At least my BC windows won't completely suck if I don't get any Tact procs.

EDIT: Nope. I tried it out on the dummy and Soul of the Battlelord is even worse than Insignia of the Grand Army. Battle Cry just doesn't last long enough for SotB to make a difference. It's better to just delay BC instead of wasting it on WW spam. It was an interesting idea though but I don't see it playing out well in a less-than-ideal situation if it can't even hold up well enough on just a dummy.
    Last edited by Wolfman31; 2018-05-05 at 02:30 PM.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    That's an interesting proposition because I don't have the legendary gloves and I've noticed a severe drop in DPS if I take Fervor of Battle over Titanic Might because I'm essentially rage starved. Waiting around for either Tactician or the rage to use WW feels terrible and judging by the design direction for Arms in BfA, it looks like Blizz agrees. But I do have SotB so I might try it out with Fervor of Battle and see if I can make that build work. At least my BC windows won't completely suck if I don't get any Tact procs.

EDIT: Nope. I tried it out on the dummy and Soul of the Battlelord is even worse than Insignia of the Grand Army. Battle Cry just doesn't last long enough for SotB to make a difference. It's better to just delay BC instead of wasting it on WW spam. It was an interesting idea though but I don't see it playing out well in a less-than-ideal situation if it can't even hold up well enough on just a dummy.
    I don't think you should EVER be using BC without having CS up (if that's what you were doing) I'll delay BC until I have CS or Warbreaker available. The point of SotB for me, is that after I've used the initial CS-> BC+MS, is that IF Tactician fails to proc during BC, I'm not sitting there unable to do more than 1 WW because I'm rage starved. Mind you, I'm also running Trauma, so those crit WW's are also applying buffed Trauma ticks as well.
    Priest Warrior

I don't think you should EVER be using BC without having CS up (if that's what you were doing) I'll delay BC until I have CS or Warbreaker available. The point of SotB for me, is that after I've used the initial CS-> BC+MS, is that IF Tactician fails to proc during BC, I'm not sitting there unable to do more than 1 WW because I'm rage starved. Mind you, I'm also running Trauma, so those crit WW's are also applying buffed Trauma ticks as well.
    My problem is that without the gloves, Whirlwind leaves me too rage starved to run Fervor of Battle and having Deadly Calm thanks to SotB doesn't really change that. I do much more damage going with Titanic Might instead and just spamming Slam, along with Trauma of course, at which point SotB's value drops even more. Maybe once I get the gloves I can make Fervor of Battle work but I'd still rather have Ayala's over SotB as my 2nd lego because it affects performance over the course of the entire fight instead of just 5 seconds out of every 1 minute. But that's just me.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    I'd still rather have Ayala's over SotB as my 2nd lego because it affects performance over the course of the entire fight instead of just 5 seconds out of every 1 minute.
    Ayala's proc rate is also once a minute. At least so they say. On some fights in normal Antorus it never proced at all until boss died (I am not sure if it proced during execute phase). Funny thing is it is probably still the best lego for Arms.

But you are right about gloves. I don't know why but that 8 rage is crucial for FoB to "work".