Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    For someone with a signature of " Radiate Positivity " you sure do communicate in a most terrible condescending manner.

Let's see...

Scenario 1) I use gloves, and my MS costs 8 less rage and I have to hold BC because I have no rage or pop BC and it goes to waste because Tactician didn't proc (which never happens right... right?) and oops, I have no rage.

Scenario 2) I use SotB ring and I get to use BC whenever I want and I either, get Tactician procs, great... or I don't, and I get to use my 30 rage filler as much as I need to and not have BC wasted.

Hmm... idk.

But thanks for suggesting I gear and play my warrior for patchwerk fights, which we have SO many of
    Garothi Warbreaker = Patchwerk, some movement
    Felhounds of Sargeras = Patchwerk style fight, unless you're stacking them to get a ranked parse (which you're likely not doing), and even then it's cleave...which is enhanced by combining Sweeping Strikes with Mortal Strike (cheaper on rage because of gloves) and Execute...
    Portal Keerp Hasabel = Patchwerk style fight ideally for Arms, go look at the ranked parses for it. Arms sustained AoE is shit, so you're bad at staying down and better utilized staying on the boss 100% or being on the portal team (PS: portal team is single target damage)
    Antoran High Command = Ok, not Patchwerk
    Eonar, the Life Binder = Burst AoE, which Arms does quite well at, with specific talents and gear.
    Imonar the Soulhunter = Patchwerk fight, movement
    Kin'Garoth = Burst single target dps... which Arms is again great at, but you'll again be taking Ravager + Avatar here (and even Focused Rage), combined with The Great Storm's Eye and Ayala's
    Varimathras = Patchwerk fight, some movement
    Coven of Shivarra = Patchwerk fight, with some opportunity to cleave if bosses are positioned right
    Aggramar = Patchwerk fight, predictable movement
    Argus = ST fight, unless you're stacking the celestial adds (below Mythic difficulty)

So let's do some quick maffs for you...

8/11 Bosses in Antorus, the Burning Throne are more or less, single target fights. Kin'Garoth being a partial exemption from our dialogue here because you're taking the aforementioned talents and legendary.

If you would be so kind as to unpack "I gear and play my warrior for patchwerk fights, which we have SO many of" for me? I would love to glean your wisdom, truly.

Take your shot at me if you will, but I'm promoting you doing more damage (more = positive). I think we may have ruffled each others feathers here, which I apologize for, but nonetheless you're quantify-ably wrong here.

Sim yourself and tell me which yields a better number over 10,000 iterations, Soul of the Battlelord + Ayala's or Archavon's Heavy Hand + Ayala's (with the FoB/Trauma build)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    My problem is that without the gloves, Whirlwind leaves me too rage starved to run Fervor of Battle and having Deadly Calm thanks to SotB doesn't really change that. I do much more damage going with Titanic Might instead and just spamming Slam, along with Trauma of course, at which point SotB's value drops even more. Maybe once I get the gloves I can make Fervor of Battle work but I'd still rather have Ayala's over SotB as my 2nd lego because it affects performance over the course of the entire fight instead of just 5 seconds out of every 1 minute. But that's just me.
    You'd probably get a lot better results by running the Rend/TM build. It requires a marginal bit more of management to do properly, but overall, even with gloves, it yields a much smoother experience for you over a boss fight.

SotBL isn't good for Arms, not matter how you dice it, save for if it's the only choice you have.

Furthermore, Avatar + TM can be good for people with the right legendary items, at the right gear levels, in the right situations, so it's kind of a moving target.

The adage of "sim it" really holds water here. Arms has valid options, but the encounter and your gear really dictate what is the theoretical best in a given situation.

Jump on the warrior Discord and bounce your ideas/concerns off the folks there, you'll get some good feed back along with some good shit talking, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    Ayala's proc rate is also once a minute. At least so they say. On some fights in normal Antorus it never proced at all until boss died (I am not sure if it proced during execute phase). Funny thing is it is probably still the best lego for Arms.

But you are right about gloves. I don't know why but that 8 rage is crucial for FoB to "work".
    It's simple, take your casts of Mortal Strike over the fight and multiple that by the rage saved per cast = a "gain" (read not spent) of that amount of rage. You can see the benefit that way.
    Last edited by Drtydeeds; 2018-05-05 at 09:51 PM.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post

You'd probably get a lot better results by running the Rend/TM build. It requires a marginal bit more of management to do properly, but overall, even with gloves, it yields a much smoother experience for you over a boss fight.
    I've certainly noticed better results with TM but I went with Trauma over Rend, mostly because it's easier and I'm spamming Slam enough to keep Trauma up, but I'll try Rend to see how much more damage it is and whether or not it's worth having to push an extra button lol
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Garothi Warbreaker = Patchwerk, some movement
    Felhounds of Sargeras = Patchwerk style fight, unless you're stacking them to get a ranked parse (which you're likely not doing), and even then it's cleave...which is enhanced by combining Sweeping Strikes with Mortal Strike (cheaper on rage because of gloves) and Execute...
    Portal Keerp Hasabel = Patchwerk style fight ideally for Arms, go look at the ranked parses for it. Arms sustained AoE is shit, so you're bad at staying down and better utilized staying on the boss 100% or being on the portal team (PS: portal team is single target damage)
    Antoran High Command = Ok, not Patchwerk
    Eonar, the Life Binder = Burst AoE, which Arms does quite well at, with specific talents and gear.
    Imonar the Soulhunter = Patchwerk fight, movement
    Kin'Garoth = Burst single target dps... which Arms is again great at, but you'll again be taking Ravager + Avatar here (and even Focused Rage), combined with The Great Storm's Eye and Ayala's
    Varimathras = Patchwerk fight, some movement
    Coven of Shivarra = Patchwerk fight, with some opportunity to cleave if bosses are positioned right
    Aggramar = Patchwerk fight, predictable movement
    Argus = ST fight, unless you're stacking the celestial adds (below Mythic difficulty)

So let's do some quick maffs for you...

8/11 Bosses in Antorus, the Burning Throne are more or less, single target fights. Kin'Garoth being a partial exemption from our dialogue here because you're taking the aforementioned talents and legendary.

If you would be so kind as to unpack "I gear and play my warrior for patchwerk fights, which we have SO many of" for me? I would love to glean your wisdom, truly.

Take your shot at me if you will, but I'm promoting you doing more damage (more = positive). I think we may have ruffled each others feathers here, which I apologize for, but nonetheless you're quantify-ably wrong here.

Sim yourself and tell me which yields a better number over 10,000 iterations, Soul of the Battlelord + Ayala's or Archavon's Heavy Hand + Ayala's (with the FoB/Trauma build)
    1) Patchwerk literally means a fight with zero movement and zero target switching, which are no longer made, period.
    2) I'm not a sim, and in actuality, SotB works much smoother for me than gloves.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

1) Patchwerk literally means a fight with zero movement and zero target switching, which are no longer made, period.
    2) I'm not a sim, and in actuality, SotB works much smoother for me than gloves.
    You play your game man
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

You play your game man
    Wasn't going to stop just because some dude pretending to radiate positivity told me otherwise, but thanks for your permission?
    Priest Warrior

Wasn't going to stop just because some dude pretending to radiate positivity told me otherwise, but thanks for your permission?
    Didn't expect you to, you clearly like gimping your performance, so enjoy it dude!

And you're welcome for the permission. I appreciate the gratefulness.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Didn't expect you to, you clearly like gimping your performance, so enjoy it dude!

And you're welcome for the permission. I appreciate the gratefulness.
    What I find funny is your "I think you should decide what you like the playstlye of more and stick with that." advice to one person being directly contradiction by your interactions with me. So I'm curious, what's your problem again?
    Priest Warrior

This week for the first time ever I got declined from a m+ group because I was Arms lol

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    This week for the first time ever I got declined from a m+ group because I was Arms lol
    If it is 20+ they might be right to decline. too many one-shot mechanics for a melee that doesn't have immunity. Defensive stance helps a lot but only up to 20 key. Above that you still die when DS is active and you see numbers like "10m overkill".

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    If it is 20+ they might be right to decline. too many one-shot mechanics for a melee that doesn't have immunity. Defensive stance helps a lot but only up to 20 key. Above that you still die when DS is active and you see numbers like "10m overkill".
    What I meant was the person asked me "fury?" and I said "no arms" and then declined. It was something like a 16-18 CoS. Now I know next time to just say yes haha

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    Now I know next time to just say yes haha
    That person may have a very specific reason. Normaly people either don't care about which spec you are or they prefer Arms over Fury in m+.
    Comparing to Arms, Fury lacks sustain cleave/aoe.

I see a lot of the highest DPS arms warriors are using Enchant Neck - Mark of the Trained Soldier over Enchant Neck - Mark of the Hidden Satyr. Is mastery simply that much stronger at this point that Mark of the Trained Soldier is better?

Executiè is using Gift of Mastery (Permanently enchant a cloak to increase mastery by 100 and movement speed by 2%) on cloak. Is that purely for the 2% movement speed? Mastery stat weight isn't double that of strength surely!

Quote Originally Posted by Blindcloud View Post
    I see a lot of the highest DPS arms warriors are using Enchant Neck - Mark of the Trained Soldier over Enchant Neck - Mark of the Hidden Satyr. Is mastery simply that much stronger at this point that Mark of the Trained Soldier is better?

Executiè is using Gift of Mastery (Permanently enchant a cloak to increase mastery by 100 and movement speed by 2%) on cloak. Is that purely for the 2% movement speed? Mastery stat weight isn't double that of strength surely!
    To answer the questions for yourself you'll have to sim. Generally speaking though, Trained Shoulder is better than Hidden Satyr for Arms.

You'd be using 100 mastery enchant for the master as arms, the movement bonus is just that, a bonus.For what it's worth, if you sim 'cutie right now, mastery is more than twice as good as strength... https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...MiTw4ng3oH1k3z

I decided to double check mine as well and it looks like I've got an enchant to change when I get home. lol.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

One reason is Hidden Satyr is pure single target when Mastery is for all situation. ST ,AOE and Cleave

Thanks for the information, I too will be changing my enchants. My generated stat weights are below;

Mastery 44.96
    Vers 35.46
    Crit 30.78
    Haste 27.22
    Str 19.51

* 1 point of Mastery will increase your DPS by 44.96

It turns out Mastery is that OP at this stage of the expansion.

Thanks for the information, I too will be changing my enchants. My generated stat weights are below;

Mastery 44.96
    Vers 35.46
    Crit 30.78
    Haste 27.22
    Str 19.51

* 1 point of Mastery will increase your DPS by 44.96

It turns out Mastery is that OP at this stage of the expansion.
    Mastery has been tops for Arms the whole expansion

Edit: assuming you're meeting the haste requirements, relative to IftK.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I'm curious, what's your problem again?
    He appears to be one of those types who doesn't understand that simulators don't give real world results (especially since the player skill option got removed) and individual players will often see completely different outcomes in game due to players not being robots.