Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Your Favorite Nintendo 64 Games?

Put on your nostalgia goggles people, let's reminisce for a while...

Clayfighter 64 - bizzare clay figurines filmed in stop motion instead of CG models, a parody of ludicrously violent fighting games at the time. People say it's bad for some reason, but I don't remember it being anything other than outrageously fun. "Get ready to crumble!" Tied with JFC for the scariest game I ever played on N64 (The main menu music was disturbing enough!)

Jet Force Gemini - a couple of space cops, their cybernetically enhanced dog (who has a jetpack and tank armor strapped to him), and a sentient RC helicopter take on a legion of nazi space ants, who have initiated a war of extermination against a peaceful race of tribal teddy bears. Awesomeness ensues. This was also my first exposure to the idea of "the holocaust", and you get to see it first hand. Holy crap is this a scary game, especially Mizar (aka, gigantic praying-mantis Hitler)! After seeing first hand the atrocities these guys committed, it felt so darn good to blow the ant-goons into a gazillion pieces with your rocket-handgun.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-10-15 at 01:11 AM.

Perfect Dark

10+ Year Old Account
    Chameleon twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Banjo-Tooie
    Snowboard Kids 2
    Sin & Punishment
    OgreBattle 64
    Paper Mario
    Duck Dodgers (a really fun, under rated platformer)
    Super Smash Bros.
    Wonder Project J2
    Kirby 64
    StarCraft 64 (still decent on console)
    Mischief Makers
    Turok series
    forget the entire name, but there was a Tom & Jerry game (War of the Whiskers?) that was basically Power Stone
    Magical Tetris Challenge
    Pokemon Puzzle League
    Dr. Mario 64
    vaguely recall Armorines being decent
    various racing games: Cruis'N series, Rush series, Top Gear series, California Speed, Roadsters
    F-Zero X
    Road Rash 64
    Duke Nukem 64
    the ones where you play as that peter pan looking kid

two I still want to get and play some day are Rakugakids and Shiren the Wanderer 2. Also the two Custom Robo games
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-10-15 at 04:29 AM.

Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie
    Super Mario 64
    StarFox 64
    Super Smash Bros
    Goldeneye
    Snowboard Kids 2
    Mario Party
    That one Kirby side-scroller

Tons of others I'm sure that I can't remember...

RIP Rare basically.

Jet Force Gemini, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Donkey Kong 64 were all great.

Super Mario 64, and both Legend of Zeldas were also great.

outside of the obvious hits, there are a couple that are usually listed as turds that i have fond memories for. probably nostalgia.
    Hybrid Heaven and Quest64.

other greats where 1080 snowboarding and pilotwings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I owned just about every Nintendo and Rare made game, so I'm not going to list those

Mischief Makers
    Beetle Adventure Racing
    Snowboard Kids
    Both Mystical Ninja games
    Quest 64 (even though it was shit, its scope and scale was pretty decent at the time)
    Castlevania 64 and its better (I bought both) revamped version. Very good and underrated game tbh.
    Penny Racers
    Extreme G
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    outside of the obvious hits, there are a couple that are usually listed as turds that i have fond memories for. probably nostalgia.
    Hybrid Heaven and Quest64.

other greats where 1080 snowboarding and pilotwings.
    Hybrid heaven I'll give you, it had a pretty fun combat system from what I remember.

Go back and try to play Quest64 though. I made the same mistake, I remembered it as fun and then I realized the game was absolute trash, and the only interesting thing was combining elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogre Battle 64, Jetforce Gemini, and Castlevania 64.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Everything Rare made on it.

The AKI wrestling games(they last time wrestling had actual good video 3D video games, although Firepro remained king it was 2D)

Of course Paper Mario, the best written and most unique Mario game ever made.

Any game made by rare (favourites are easily banjo kazooie and banjo tooie though)
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

I had the most memories with Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart, I think. My mom had a daycare so playing either of these games was a lot of fun when I was a kid.

My favorite game on N64 would probably without a doubt have to be Zelda OoT.

Ocarina of Time, Smash Bros., Mario 64, Pokémon Snap, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64...

What the hell did I just stumble into? Decades trying to tell my friends about Jet Force Gemini, nobody has heard of it, then at 25 years old I come to this thread and it's mentioned 3 times by 3 different people?

LOVED THAT GAME.

My favorite game was probably Paper Mario though I didn't play N64 much, and Turok: Seeds of Evil

Deleted
    Banjo-Kazoo, OCARINA of TIME is still #1 though. Mario Kart and Mario 64.

Forgot many games.. still have these in the basement. =)

Banjo-Kazooie is my favorite, but other than that:

Zelda OoT
    Mario 64
    Goldeneye
    Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire
    Space Station - Silicon Valley
    Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Yoshi's Story
    Smash Bros.
    Mario Kart 64
    Banjo-Tooie

A lot of them... but I played Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, pokemon stadium (used the gbc attachment for the controller, too, a lot), pokemon snap, Yoshi's story... probably the most. But I definitely didn't discriminate :P Still have all those games, too, and the original n64 I had as a kid. That and my gamecube! Outside of needing a good cleaning every year, they still work great.

Alot of them, but it really comes down to Perfect Dark 64 and Smash bros.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark tower among the genre. I have never played better FPS games.

Ocrina of Time is perhaps the best Adventure game ever made too.

Three masterpieces.