Page 1 of 45
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Red Dead Redemption 2

PlayStation 4 | Steam | Xbox One

V trailers V
    Spoiler: 

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will release worldwide in October 26, 2018 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems.
    http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-12-06 at 11:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it has anything to do with Read Dead Redemption & PC I'll be walking awkwardly for days if not weeks.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Please Lawd let it be a New Red Dead Game

Obviously Red Dead. If you own the game look at the case and shade of red then look at that.

I love Rockstar, they don't need a big event and stage to announce some game. All they have to do is throw up a damn color shade on their site and the internet loses their shit.

Rockstar proves trade shows and conventions are a huge waste of money and should go the way of the dodo. Games that are going to sell well are going to sell well based off TV ads, word of mouth and internet ads. Games that aren't going to sell well never magically do so because they where up on some stage. Publishers and console manufacturers should literally stop wasting millions on worthless fluff like trade shows and put that money back into their employees.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-10-16 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    I hope they do it like bethesda did with fallout 4 and the game releases in like 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Halojin View Post
    I hope they do it like bethesda did with fallout 4 and the game releases in like 6 months
    At best be hopeful that it launches in a year, GTAV was announced almost a full 2 years before it came out. Max Payne 3 1.5 years, Red Dead Redemption 2 years and GTAIV 2 years. Development cycles ain't getting any faster, especially for a studio that puts as much polish into games as Rockstar(literally the exact opposite on Bethesda games which lack any polish whatsoever).

Wasn't the "cowboy" era dying in RDR ? Would be weird to see it still a decade or two later -- ofc, this is assuming it's following the same story.

Most likely the same era but with a host of different characters and story completely unrelated to RDR.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Wasn't the "cowboy" era dying in RDR ? Would be weird to see it still a decade or two later.
    Who confirmed it as a chronological sequel?

In fact, the game will probably be 100% unrelated to the plot of RDR at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be a prequel for sure.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Who confirmed it as a chronological sequel?

In fact, the game will probably be 100% unrelated to the plot of RDR at all.
    Was answering in relation to the OP saying "so what could it be, Read Dead Redemption 2?"

Was answering in relation to the OP saying "so what could it be, Read Dead Redemption 2?"
    And? GTA? FF? DQ? since when does a numeric sequel mean it has to be a chronological story or related in any way?

Obviously Red Dead. If you own the game look at the case and shade of red then look at that.

I love Rockstar, they don't need a big event and stage to announce some game. All they have to do is throw up a damn color shade on their site and the internet loses their shit.

Rockstar proves trade shows and conventions are a huge waste of money and should go the way of the dodo. Games that are going to sell well are going to sell well based off TV ads, word of mouth and internet ads. Games that aren't going to sell well never magically do so because they where up on some stage. Publishers and console manufacturers should literally stop wasting millions on worthless fluff like trade shows and put that money back into their employees.
    You could add in a demo. I can't count the number of games that I've bought because I could download a demo and play some of the game.

And? GTA? FF? DQ? since when does a numeric sequel mean it has to be a chronological story or related in any way?
    Because it's the "Red Dead" series...? The first called "Red Dead" Revolver ? "Red Dead" Redemption 2 would imply a continuation of the Redemption story arc...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-10-16 at 05:53 PM.

Because it's the "Red Dead" series...? The first called "Red Dead" Revolver ? "Red Dead" Redemption would imply a continuation of the Redemption story arc...
    Except for the part where Revolver and Redemption share nothing in common but name and being western. Revolver wasn't even made by rockstar ffs it was just some crap picked up on the cheap for them to publish.

This is besides the point, game could be called RDR2, game could be called Red Dead ____. It doesn't matter, you're trying to nit pick someone's post and you're getting salty that you got called on it.

Except for the part where Revolver and Redemption share nothing in common but name and being western. Revolver wasn't even made by rockstar ffs it was just some crap picked up on the cheap for them to publish.

This is besides the point, game could be called RDR2, game could be called Red Dead ____. It doesn't matter, you're trying to nit pick someone's post and you're getting salty that you got called on it.
    You're the nit picking jackass as far as I'm concerned when you started to argue over something so petty asking for a "confirmation" when I was just speculating...

Whatever it is, I sure hope it isn't a violent game filled with guns, crime, hookers and drugs. It just wouldn't be a Rockstar game if it was over-the-top adult material!

Hope it's a slow, relaxing puzzler.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hope it's a slow, relaxing puzzler.
    Nothing more relaxing than a few games of Five Finger Fillet.

Omg omg omg Red Dead omg.

Sign me up for the hype train.

Deleted
    Well... If it's a new Red Dead Redemption, then hopefully it'll have a PC version this time. If not, who cares. Well, other than the console people.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-17 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well... If it's a new Red Dead Redemption, then hopefully it'll have a PC version this time. If not, who cares.
    Those of us smart enough to have console and pc to not miss anygames.