Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Those of us smart enough to have console and pc to not miss anygames.
    Not really a matter of intelligence as much as taste. Someone might not have any desire to play games that have been released on console. I for example think Breath of the Wild is the most overrated game for the year it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    My apologies that I expect them to have the time and resources to get things done. A few minor bugs are acceptable completely being unable to play the game isn't.

From what I've seen you really don't know what you're talking about yourself, certainly with that 'pc is dead' comment.
    If they have a set date for launch there is only so much time available like any deadline, just look at the complete mess that was Anthem earlier this year and it'll be interesting to see Cyberpunk as CD Project Red said they wouldn't release it until it's ready. I don't know how many QA testers they had for PC RDR2 but yes it clearly wasn't enough and the refund should be more lenient.

But just because a certain title (GTA) brings in big revenue doesn't mean anything, you're still working with the same subsidiaries developer groups which forms Rockstar Games and I don't know if this port was fobbed off to one or several of those working together. I now feel they should've waited a couple of years with this as to run this optimally you need a really beefy computer (unless playing 1080p) so it seems to be a game for the minority but I guess they released it solely for the $$ from RDR2 Online and sales.

And my 'pc is dead' comment, I mentioned that certain genres excel and are predominately popular on PC but overall that's only where PC gamers are active, in those genres or what it feels like to me compared to console gaming. Things like Steam and supporting indie titles is helping overall too.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-11-18 at 11:30 PM.

I just finished the main story.

I'm devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    apart from a select few genres of games on PC the gaming scene is for the most part dead and has been for a while.
    I know people say a lot of stupid things on forums, but this really deserves a mention. What an asinine thing to say.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Now out on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._Redemption_2/

-

Sooo, slightly OT. but if the rumors are true, the next game from Rockstar might be a Medieval game.
    Rockstars open world and attention to detail would make for a awesome combination.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-12-06 at 11:48 AM.

Anyone have any tips to level trader role reasonably quick? Compared to collector and bounty hunts it's painfully slow. And seeing as you need level 5 trader for the new role coming later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Now out on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._Redemption_2/

-

Sooo, slightly OT. but if the rumors are true, the next game from Rockstar might be a Medieval game.
    Rockstars open world and attention to detail would make for a awesome combination.
    Oh please let that be true a medieval or ancient rome/greece style of open world game. Would be nice to see what rockstar did with it.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I don't have the game myself, just wanted to post this for anyone struggling with performance:

That is a excellent video. I got RD2 for PC last night and played it for a couple hours and followed his points very closely. Playing on a 6 year old system, I7 4770, 16g of slower 1333 DDR 3 and using the new GTX 1650 Super GPU. No crashes and playing on mostly high settings, with some at Ultra ( textures, shadows ). Getting very smooth game play at 45 - 50 fps at 1080p. Looks awesome. Going to take a while however to get use to the controls.

Not sure if it is true, but I have read that if your CPU does not have hyper-threading, you might have more issues.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    apart from a select few genres of games on PC the gaming scene is for the most part dead and has been for a while. Mobile and console is where the real money lies for business rn and will continue to do so.
    You are aware that for 2018 PC had the largest market share over any console? And is currently having numbers to repeat that 2019
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    Anyone have any tips to level trader role reasonably quick? Compared to collector and bounty hunts it's painfully slow. And seeing as you need level 5 trader for the new role coming later this month.
    It's slow to start but kind of snowballs later when you get better wagons, it's my highest level profession now. Basically fill up your materials as much as possible and do supply quests whenever available, never buy supplies. Longer deliveries give more xp and so far I have never been attacked by other players while doing one although your mileage may vary on that score. They are very long and can be really boring if no events spawn while driving.

In case you didn't know you can hold V to put yourself on autopilot while following a quest path or self made waypoint. Just make sure to at least listen to the audio while doing so to watch for any attacks. When on your horse you can open the map and menus without breaking autopilot, but when driving a vehicle it will stop you from moving.

Also the 5xp you get for giving something to Cripps is the same regardless of what the item is so you can dump a ton of feathers and common stuff on him for some extra xp even if they aren't worth much in the way of materials. Doing supply missions in a posse can help too as I find that solo I get 500xp, but with 2 in the posse you get a bag each so the xp multiplies.

The main issue is you can't really grind it out like the other 2 as you are mainly limited by waiting for goods to be produced to do the deliveries, or waiting on supplies to run out to do a supply run.

Debating buying this and Fallen Order tonight on steam...have they fixed the performance issues yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Debating buying this and Fallen Order tonight on steam...have they fixed the performance issues yet?
    Steam version sounds like it added a bunch of bugs, and that some of the issues from the earlier launch are still there. Probably safe to wait a bit and see if it goes on sale during the holidays, hopefully that'll be enough time for them to iron things out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought it thru Steam and have not had any issues. No crashes. I have read those having the crash issues, are trying to use a controller. I am using the mouse and keyboard. It plays very smooth and not noticed any bugs after playing for more than 12 hrs. So far. Around 50 fps in 1080p. Looks awesome.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Well the performance is what it is but there sure are plenty of other issues; For example mine are the sort where I can't get past Online character creation without a crash, cannot launch the game via Steam, it just simply doesn't launch so I have to open Rockstar Launcher manually to even get into the game, sometimes the game keeps losing focus for no obvious reason and the sort.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    Do supply missions with a big group. If you get the one where you have to bring sacks of supplies (max is 4 so a 4 man group should be fine) to the camp, that's like x4 500xp + 500 trader xp. Levels your trader role really quick. Also big sales help so if you have a buddy that is already in possession of a large wagon, go do the work for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I got home from vacation and now after the 02.12 patch my PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements anymore but all PC parts seem to work fine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    well I got home from vacation and now after the 02.12 patch my PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements anymore but all PC parts seem to work fine...
    I checked and do not see any changes to the min PC requirements. What part changed for you?