... LastLast

Question [7.2] Mend's TLDR Disc Guide

8.0.1 Discipline Guide
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/discip...-healing-guide

Focused Will | Discipline Discord
    https://discord.gg/focusedwill

Focused Will Website
    http://focusedwill.com/
    Last edited by MendUS; 2018-07-23 at 01:23 PM.

Disc Raid:
    Intellect .865 | Critical Strike 0.685 | Haste 1 | Mastery 0.729 | Versatility 0.655
    Haste is more important than Intellect? Mastery more important than Crit? This goes against what most other guides are saying.

Explain?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-10-16 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Haste is more important than Intellect? Mastery more important than Crit? This goes against what most other guides are saying.

Explain?
    Since when is this going against what other "guides" have said? For raids, mastery>crit.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted

Explain?
    What guides? You been on noxxic recently or something?

Explain?
    From Lutcikaur, the person who calculated the weights in my guide:
    I ran an effort function over a set of assumed stat values, compared their scores and used gaussian elimination to generate stat weights.

Targets 12 | Burst true | PreAtone false | Atone 0.65 | Dur 15
    int 0.889 | crit 0.703 | haste 1 | mast 0.712 | vers 0.673

(Note: the weights may be different than in the guide, some of the variables were different in the response he provided me. Use the weights located in the guide itself.)

The general assumption is 65% or more of your healing will come from Atonement. The calculation itself came from assuming how many Atonement's you would get out (generally 12-15, for the calculation 12 was used but Mastery's weight would increase the more you have) and how many casts (LW, Penance, Smite, etc) you could do during the remaining duration. In order to maximize your burst, Mastery takes the lead over Crit because of the total percent of your healing coming from Atonement, and the fact that it gives you the most bang for your buck in terms of Atonement healing during that window.
    Last edited by MendUS; 2016-10-16 at 03:33 PM.

I'm just finding it a bit fishy that a secondary stat is being valued so much higher than primary, really. Blizzard has strived over the expansions to ensure that Int is always the best stat.

I'm just finding it a bit fishy that a secondary stat is being valued so much higher than primary, really. Blizzard has strived over the expansions to ensure that Int is always the best stat.
    In 7.1 that will be changing. The 3 second contrition brings everything back in line and devalues haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except did you not watch the most recent interview where they were upset about how they did secondaries because for a lot of specs secondaries are stronger than primaries? Guess not..
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    From Lutcikaur, the person who calculated the weights in my guide:
    We'll need to see a link to this analysis. We already had issues with the Discipline guide that we'd prefer not to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    We'll need to see a link to this analysis. We already had issues with the Discipline guide that we'd prefer not to repeat.
    Do you happen to have weights that are more accurate?

What I shared is the information I have from Lutcikaur. It's up to him to provide more information on his weights. I'm not a theorycrafter and it's not my specialty. I wrote a guide to help people understand the Atonement burst method of healing and his weights are built around that method and are commonly accepted by a majority of the current Disc community.

If you have questions regarding the weights, ask him via the H2P Discord channel (linked in the guide). He is pretty quick to respond. If you have concerns over what the guide states, I'd be glad to clarify or explain.

He's asking for a full explanation of how those stat weights were reached, seeing as in the previous guide, we had someone claiming very different stat weights, using a "rotation" that was incredibly questionable.

He's asking for a full explanation of how those stat weights were reached, seeing as in the previous guide, we had someone claiming very different stat weights, using a "rotation" that was incredibly questionable.
    I reached out to Lutcikaur to write up a description of how he came up with these weights. I'd expect something from him explaining directly soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what previous guide was this? Cause it wasnt Total's guide.

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    In 7.1 that will be changing. The 3 second contrition brings everything back in line and devalues haste.
    Could you explain this to me? Will this make the talent Contrition more desirable then the other twos and lessen haste needed? Why?

Have you seen shadow? Int is actually our worst stat xD

Quote Originally Posted by Catbug View Post
    Could you explain this to me? Will this make the talent Contrition more desirable then the other twos and lessen haste needed? Why?
    Yeah, I'm also curious about this. Even with +3 seconds to Atonement, I think I'd still rather have Power Infusion for its mana reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm also curious about this. Even with +3 seconds to Atonement, I think I'd still rather have Power Infusion for its mana reduction.
    Still waiting to see a link to this "guide" you claim has different stat weights.

The mana reduction that's cancelled out by the 25% haste you gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Bareturtle View Post
    The mana reduction that's cancelled out by the 25% haste you gain?
    Not if the amount of casts is the same as without it. I'm going to be hitting 3-4 PWRs with or without PI, so with PI those 3-4 PWRs have reduced mana cost.

Not if the amount of casts is the same as without it. I'm going to be hitting 3-4 PWRs with or without PI, so with PI those 3-4 PWRs have reduced mana cost.
    So you're selecting PI but not utilizing the portion of the spell that is a HPS gain?