Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    Awesome man, tyvm for the info.

Does Grace affect SC? and does it affect both the absorb and the drawback?
    Both the healing and the absorb of SC are affected by Grace - Grace increases the healing and then the absorb effect is 50% of the heal, that was already increased.

Anyways SC is very niche. Basically you will use it in M+ dungeons with grievous affix to quickly top off the entire group near the end of a fight (that's what I'm told BTW, I usually run holy in dungeons and disc in raids)

Also check this most excellent guide here: http://focusedwill.com/disc-guide-7-2-5/
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Shadow Covenant isn't just for grievous - it's good anytime that AoE damage is frequent, such as with the Bursting affix. SC being castable while moving is invaluable for fast runs. Without SC Disc is limited to Penance on it's 9-second cooldown for AoE healing, and the very inefficient PWR.

The problem with SC is that it prevents Clarity of Will from being selected. Clarity of Will allows for a very defensive playstyle, shielding players and making them nearly impervious to death on difficult pulls, as well as softening difficult one-shot mechanics. The additional benefit of CoW rarely noted is that when you're spell-locked out of the Shadow school, there's no other good single-target Holy spell to cast while you wait for the unlock.

Deleted
    How often do you get spell locked in PvE? I mean there is quaking, but you should just interrupt you cast for that. What else is going to lock you out?

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    How often do you get spell locked in PvE? I mean there is quaking, but you should just interrupt you cast for that. What else is going to lock you out?
    Specifically I don't know, although I'm pretty sure there's a mob early in Vault of the Wardens that does it, and Black Rock Hold has one I believe. This is probably an interruptable cast, so it depends on the quality of your interrupters in terms of how often you'll experience it.

When there's noone available to reasonably Shadow Mend, there's usually a choice between Smiting and Clarity of Will, depending on how careful you want to be with the rest of the pull. Shadow Covenant removes that choice, leading to a more offensive playstyle.

Deleted
    Anyone here using clique and grid 2 for example? Got Felshield Emitter, seems useful on some fights but I want to macro it to CTRL+left click. Tried google but not found anything yet about doing it.

Anyone able to offer any insight? be grateful :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Anyone here using clique and grid 2 for example? Got Felshield Emitter, seems useful on some fights but I want to macro it to CTRL+left click. Tried google but not found anything yet about doing it.

Anyone able to offer any insight? be grateful :P
    You have to make a macro first and do it that way. /use [@mouseover,help][@target,help] Name of Trinket - something like that, or the slot number instead of the name. It might have to just be [@mouseover] I'm not sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    You have to make a macro first and do it that way. /use [@mouseover,help][@target,help] Name of Trinket - something like that, or the slot number instead of the name. It might have to just be [@mouseover] I'm not sure.
    Nice thanks working now

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    8.0.1 Discipline Guide
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/discip...-healing-guide

Focused Will | Discipline Discord
    https://discord.gg/focusedwill

Focused Will Website (guide is located here)
    http://focusedwill.com/
    Thank you for this update!

(Posting here so people notice the change, otherwise it will continue to claim the last post was last year.)

BTW.: "/cancelaura Levitate" got broken for priests (because we know the spell which has a different id from the buff (1706 and 111759 I think) and thus the ui finds the id of the spell first and cannot find the buff using that).
    Rise a stink, please! Make them have "/cancelaura" and "/cast" accept spell ids instead of names finally.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2018-07-20 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    What guides? You been on noxxic recently or something?
    I think haste is one of the most important things for this role

- - - Updated - - -

I think prist is good hero in WoW

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I correct in reading the nerf only affects SWP and not PtW? Does that change our talent priority back to PtW?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Am I correct in reading the nerf only affects SWP and not PtW? Does that change our talent priority back to PtW?
    Nope. SW:P is basically to its pre-buff power but still better than PtW imo. Divine Star and Halo are still more ideal especially now that DS got buffed by 25%.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Nope. SW:P is basically to its pre-buff power but still better than PtW imo. Divine Star and Halo are still more ideal especially now that DS got buffed by 25%.
    Good news. Thanks! I've been enjoying having the extra button to push, especially with the burst/mastery interaction.