Thread: 1% per 5 ilvl?

1% per 5 ilvl?

I believe I've seen multiple texts indicate that the adjustment in arena would be 1% per 10 ilvl. This made it wound like gear wouldn't exactly have huge impact unless there were large discrepancies in gear. While playing, my team found that as our quality of gear increased, our chance of winning games was increasing dramatically - which we found odd. Yesterday, we tested changing some items around in arena to see stat differentials to confirm the 1% per 10 ilvl. What we found was that stats were not increasing at a rate of 1% per 10 ilvl. Instead, the change was ~.002% per ilvl, which would be 1% per 5 ilvl.

Has anyone else done the math on this to confirm?
    Has there been some blue post or patch note somewhere discussing this?
    Is there anything else that may be affecting this that we aren't considering?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyance13 View Post
    I believe I've seen multiple texts indicate that the adjustment in arena would be 1% per 10 ilvl. This made it wound like gear wouldn't exactly have huge impact unless there were large discrepancies in gear. While playing, my team found that as our quality of gear increased, our chance of winning games was increasing dramatically - which we found odd. Yesterday, we tested changing some items around in arena to see stat differentials to confirm the 1% per 10 ilvl. What we found was that stats were not increasing at a rate of 1% per 10 ilvl. Instead, the change was ~.002% per ilvl, which would be 1% per 5 ilvl.

This is interesting. I was under the impression that it was 1% per 10 like you say. Would be good to know. I think 1% per 5 is too much.

Were you measuring it from 800 base? Afaik it's meant to be 1% per 10 starting from 800.

Yes. We tested multiple points. I'm at 840 now, so I dropped my ilvl to 800 and saw a .002% change per ilvl.

very interesting, i will test it once i get home tonight after work, but yes blizzard def said its 1% stat per 10ilvls >.< maybe they messed up again or lied to the pvp community.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    very interesting, i will test it once i get home tonight after work, but yes blizzard def said its 1% stat per 10ilvls >.< maybe they messed up again or lied to the pvp community.
    Most likely the latter

There was reports of this on beta.. I thought blizz said they were looking into it, don't know if they made any changes.

On beta it was reported even higher than 2% per ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Most likely the latter
    I know right lol.

i must admit i lied to you guys, didnt have chance to log on after work, so hopefully tonight ill have time to test it, did any1 else get a chance to play around with ilvlgear in pvp instances? But last time i did a casual pvp (oppose to rated) i did notice that my Ret 852ilvl was pretty much destroying ppl in 3-4 globals in a BG, i just thought they were fresh boosted characters, hence still new to class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    There was reports of this on beta.. I thought blizz said they were looking into it, don't know if they made any changes.

On beta it was reported even higher than 2% per ilvl.
    Lets hope its not higher than 2%...cuz then the gap will be larger than ever between fresh alts and pvpers @ 2.4k cr+. 1% or even 2% is not that much to be honest but if its 3% or more, it will get out of hand pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyance13 View Post

Its because under the old system you would end up playing against people with near the same gear. Now you are ahead and will always stay ahead if you are raiding mythic. You are just used to a 0-1% difference in power instead of the 5% you have now. The system is just more gear dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Most likely the latter
    After playing Blizzard games since Warcraft 3, I'll never understand this sentiment. Blizzard have always been great at doing what they can communicating adequately with the community. They may make mistakes and may not be as vocal as some would like, but expecting them to share every single idea that comes to their head is a bit absurd. They make great games and support them well.

Call me a fanboy if you must, but they have a track record of excellence which is exactly why I play their games more than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    After playing Blizzard games since Warcraft 3, I'll never understand this sentiment. Blizzard have always been great at doing what they can communicating adequately with the community. They may make mistakes and may not be as vocal as some would like, but expecting them to share every single idea that comes to their head is a bit absurd. They make great games and support them well.

Call me a fanboy if you must, but they have a track record of excellence which is exactly why I play their games more than any other.
    Well i guess it dep on a class you play, I am Ret so thats why i view blizzard that way, the most recent statement issued by blizzard was "Rets aura will be a hard counter to mages" or something very similar :P yet if you ask any mage or ret on live, they will just lol at that line =).

Dont get me wrong BLizzard is great @ some things but when it comes to PvP especially from Ret's pov, they have dropped a ball multiple times.

"Rets aura will be a hard counter to mages"
    dunno about mages but pure of heart does make mut rogues cry in their bed to sleep. which is alright....since theyre op otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    dunno about mages but pure of heart does make mut rogues cry in their bed to sleep. which is alright....since theyre op otherwise
    yeh i know =) makes me giggle in RLF as a grown man, when i face rogue in arena and i see poisons get dispelled. But honestly, only few rogues are aware of Pure Heart aura. I was doing 3s last week with a 2.4k xp rogue around 2-2.1k cr, trying to climb. We faced Enh/Ret/Mw, so i tell my him go Enh, we get him to 30% hp, then rogue starts yelling out of nowhere "go ret, swap ret, now! now!" while ret was full hp. so we ended up losing the game cuz of that swap, so i asked rogue why did he call it? He said "ret kept dispelling poisons of Enhance, but he can not dispell it of himself" i was like wtf really? sigh...i assume he thought Ret was using "sac" or something similar on enhance >.< fail is fail, so ya it seems not many rogs are aware that it is an aura (even though Ret does has a cleanse to remove poisons as well)

Deleted
    The system is working exactly as intended for me in instanced PvP.

I unequipped my gloves in bg and went from overall ilvl 855 down to 802 (difference of 802 to 855 is 53 ilvls = 5,3% stat difference).
    I got to 16 003 agi with ilvl 802, down from 16 846 with 855.

16003 x 1,053 (5,3%) = 16 851. Only 5 agi difference, which is because it wasn't EXACTLY overall ilvl 802,00 and ilvl 855,00 in both cases and I can't see the exact overall ilvl with decimals. It must've been really close though, considering only a 5 agi error.

Not sure what you did to get different results.

Can someone please fact check this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggurface View Post
    Can someone please fact check this?
    Yeah because it has to be done by someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah because it has to be done by someone else...
    You think I wouldn't take 3 mins to log on and check this myself? I'm at work buddy.

Holinka has said in a blue post that the official number was 0.1% why can't people understand this? You guys latch on to every single dev post and finally the guy in charge of the entire fucking system said it point blank for you to see and everyone is acting like they don't know shit.

Hell, it was on the front page of this fucking website; go look for it.

Breakdown for you math geniuses out there: 0.1% is not equal to 1.0%

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ggurface View Post
    You think I wouldn't take 3 mins to log on and check this myself? I'm at work buddy.
    You seem to be working very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    Holinka has said in a blue post that the official number was 0.1% why can't people understand this? You guys latch on to every single dev post and finally the guy in charge of the entire fucking system said it point blank for you to see and everyone is acting like they don't know shit.

Hell, it was on the front page of this fucking website; go look for it.

Breakdown for you math geniuses out there: 0.1% is not equal to 1.0%

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING!
    Who are you targeting this at? My point is that I went into an arena. I dropped my ilvl to 800 and looked at my int/stam. Then, I put on my gear to get to 840 ilvl and looked at my int/stam again. At 840, it was 8% higher than it was at 800. When my 2 friends tried, they found similar results at different ilvls. Just trying to figure out the math is all. I'm well aware of the difference between 10 bps and 100 bps.