Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Do you have any evidence he broke the law?
    How else are you supposed to spill blood to protect conservatism if not rebel against the govt, or at least liberals?

i highly doubt "tripping over yourself to get to the polls" was what was meant. The millitary excuse was bollocks, considering the millitary protects BOTH conservatism and librealism. It does not choose a side; it cannot choose a side.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    His quotes?
    Specifically which? It seems like he purposefully made sure to attack the ideology, but it's possible he said other things that really are against the law.

Do you have any evidence he broke the law?
    Did you read what he said? If so, then there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Specifically which? It seems like he purposefully made sure to attack the ideology, but it's possible he said other things that really are against the law.
    Its right here:

“America is worth fighting for ideologically. I want us to be able to fight ideologically, mentally, spiritually, economically, so that we don’t have to do it physically. But that may, in fact, be the case,” he told the crowd.

Bevin suggested that if Democrat Hillary Clinton were elected president, she would set the nation on a dangerous course that might require bloodshed to correct. He told the audience that the “candle” of liberty might go out “on our watch.”

To hammer home his point, he paraphrased a famous quote from Founding Father Thomas Jefferson: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren. I have nine children,” he said. “It breaks my heart to think that it might be their blood that is needed to redeem something, to reclaim something that we, through our apathy and our indifference, have given away. Don’t let it happen.”

10+ Year Old Account
    B-but BLM advocates for cop killing! That's not freedom of speech and they should be hung! These guys? Oh nah they're okay they're just exercising their god given rights

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    B-but BLM advocates for cop killing! That's not freedom of speech and they should be hung! These guys? Oh nah they're okay they're just exercising their god given rights
    Good point! Can you link me to an interview with a politician who supports BLM advocating cop killing? That would be very useful.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Good point! Can you link me to an interview with a politician who supports BLM advocating cop killing? That would be very useful.
    Doesn't exist. But because some say they agree with the initial message the movement started with that means you agree with all the fucking morons who go around chanting "pig in a blanket!".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    How else are you supposed to spill blood to protect conservatism if not rebel against the govt, or at least liberals?

i highly doubt "tripping over yourself to get to the polls" was what was meant. The millitary excuse was bollocks, considering the millitary protects BOTH conservatism and librealism. It does not choose a side; it cannot choose a side.
    If they fight the liberal government conservative blood could be spilled, if he said liberal blood then that would be transcending the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they fight the liberal government conservative blood will be spilled, if he said liberal blood then that would be transcending the idea.
    im...not getting what you just said.

He just advocated for physical bloodshed, seeing as he seperated this bloodshed specifically from fighting it ideologically, if you read the quotes.

Doesn't exist. But because some say they agree with the initial message the movement started with that means you agree with all the fucking morons who go around chanting "pig in a blanket!".
    Let me try to make sure I'm understanding your argument: The message of BLM isn't what it's leaders or popular advocates actually say, but what some protestors somewhere said, if you take their metaphor to mean something it doesn't explicitly say. Makes sense. Obviously this is totally comparable to a high profile public figure openly advocating for violence.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    im...not getting what you just said.

He just advocated for physical bloodshed, seeing as he seperated this bloodshed specifically from fighting it ideologically, if you read the quotes.
    Physical bloodshed toward an idea. Lets say the government is about to abolish the first amendment, attacking the illegitimate government would be a legal action. Attacking liberals themselves would be illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Physical bloodshed toward an idea. Lets say the government is about to abolish the first amendment, attacking the illegitimate government would be a legal action. Attacking liberals themselves would be illegal.
    I think you're looking for something that isn't there. He just basically demonized Clinton and said we may need to fight, without any proof of her planning to do any fighsble things. He was basically threatening in retaliation for a difference in politics. Not cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Then those people would be outnumbered by the people of the 34 states supporting the repeal of the 1st amendment.

Passing a law you don't like doesn't make the government illegitimate.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you're looking for something that isn't there. He just basically demonized Clinton and said we may need to fight, without any proof of her planning to do any fighsble things. He was basically threatening in retaliation for a difference in politics. Not cool
    Conservatives want to fight to keep the system that exists and gives everyone rights. So far I have not seen any evidence this guy is out to hunt liberals as people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conservatives want to fight to keep the system that exists and gives everyone rights. So far I have not seen any evidence this guy is out to hunt liberals as people.
    No, but he's for fighting the govt physically over a difference of ideas. Which is just as bad, considering most of what I've heard from liberals isn't unconstitutional

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The Justice Department needs to start prosecuting these elected GOP nutjobs and charging them with sedition when they make these kinds of comments.
    I am certain that if the current justice department could build a case against any GOP 'nutjob' they would have done it. Not that they'd do anything about anyone mishandling classified data, but they'd go after GOP 'nutjobs' in a heartbeat if they thought they could get away with it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I am certain that if the current justice department could build a case against any GOP 'nutjob' they would have done it. Not that they'd do anything about anyone mishandling classified data, but they'd go after GOP 'nutjobs' in a heartbeat if they thought they could get away with it.
    It's alarming that in a thread about an elected official essentially advocating for armed rebellion, he only gets 'nutjob' in quotes. As if someone calling for bloodshed isn't a real nutjob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I am certain that the DOJ uses the United States Code to decide who to prosecute and ignores stuff from Wikipedia.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

To be fair, cops have been murdered by people that were clearly influenced by the BLM rhetoric. Have we seen anything like conservatives killing liberals just because they are liberals though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's alarming that in a thread about an elected official essentially advocating for armed rebellion, he only gets 'nutjob' in quotes. As if someone calling for bloodshed isn't a real nutjob.
    I find many things and many people alarming, among them people that make baseless accusations and chose to throw around words they dont know what mean. Now, if you can show me clinical evidence (the kind that is generated when someone is examined by a psychiatrist) as opposed to the rants and rambles of some pissed off internet denizen that qualifies him as a 'nutjob' then I'll remove the quotes. Until then, not happening.