Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just want DPS'ers that can do more than 100k on AoE packs. Tanks that can hit active mitigation and pop cooldowns and LoS stuff.

Ilevel has always been a mediocre measurement of player skill, but when pug'ing...it's also the only measurement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It is higher than the dungeon rewards you with. Thats the fucking problem.
    It's not a problem. Why do you care if people are looking for high itemlevel if they want a decent and fast run? If I want to do normal mythics atm I usually look for 855/860+ ilvl groups. Obviously itemlevel =/= player skill, but more gear always increases the chance that the person does more damage.

At some point with the current system you only run mythics for order hall missions or world quests with the additional reward being AP and sometimes a TF item. You don't care at all about the normal loot there. (Except a few trinkets maybe.)

So much hate for this already, lets clear some shit up,

If you complete it in the first 8 hours (example posted earlier) and you make a second group and someone asks to join with a sufficient ilvl, but no achi, you are not carrying shit,

Anyways, Ill be running guild groups in there the first week to get said achis, then worry about pugs the week after

10+ Year Old Account
    "LFM Kara 870+ Ahead of the Curve MINIMUM"

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So what? If people want a smooth run, they ask for people along their ilvls. Don't like it? Make your own group with 850 or w/e ilvl you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you don't need better gear either? So I don't see the problem. Find a group with your ilvl range, or create your own.
    If you get nothing from the place, why even go there ? You want smooth runs, For what ? having cleared it multiple times for the fun of it ?

"860+ link AotC" is very likely, sadly.

Kinda wish they'd go back to just LFD-style queues, because the alternative is really kind of annoying. Spending 20-30 minutes trying to find a group because nobody likes your class and your ilvl isn't crazy enough to warrant an invite anyway isn't exactly fun. It's basically just manual queues without the button.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least 875 iLevel, two BiS Legendary items, and Scarab Lord and Grand Marshal achievements dated before 2009.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    My prediction is it won't be until Saturday the week its released (or after I get attuned) I get to go looking for more, but I'll log in Saturday afternoon and say in /g

"Looking for 2 dps, 1 heal, 1 tank for Kara" and inside 10-20 minutes I'll have a group and be going.

7+ Year Old Account
    It'll be fine. There are millions that have been waiting for Kara for years. It looks to be a few hour Mini-Raid from the fatboss video.

You would be better off grabbing a few friends, a pug from your server's General or Trade chat. I've already been pre-formng a group. between guild casuals, RL friends and 2 server people I met in a pug raid.we'll all be prepared (consumables, watched guide, ect) we'll go in and take agood crack at it and then if need be come back again. The goal is to have a weekly group here. same people, same tactics, same duties. I couldn't imagine spending 2-3 hours with some LFG tool people for it. (oh and we'll range from mid 840's on one of our dps (a mage), to mostly mid-upper 850's to 860s on our tank and hunter. Plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    If he also has the 860+ required ilvl, he's not being carried. That's not how this works.

I know exactly when someone wants to be carried: Putting 860+ in the title but no requirement in the box that's meant for it (because you cannot put something higher in it than you are wearing yourself).

Don't care a slightest, since I am playing the game as it was designed in mind: only with my friends and guild.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Then you don't need better gear either? So I don't see the problem. Find a group with your ilvl range, or create your own.
    Did I say that I need better gear? Did I whine about it? Please quote.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I know exactly when someone wants to be carried: Putting 860+ in the title but no requirement in the box that's meant for it (because you cannot put something higher in it than you are wearing yourself).
    Yeah, that's annoying. Number #1 groups to avoid, with leader just being there for easy gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    I couldn't imagine spending 2-3 hours with some LFG tool people for it. (oh and we'll range from mid 840's on one of our dps (a mage), to mostly mid-upper 850's to 860s on our tank and hunter. Plan accordingly.
    So it's a boost group for the mage, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    If you get nothing from the place, why even go there ? You want smooth runs, For what ? having cleared it multiple times for the fun of it ?
    Oh I don't know. Because it is a new remake of a raid instance a lot of us loved? Because there is most likely atleast one achievement tied to it? Because people wan't to see the new content, but without dying every second pack because of low geared people.

So they create a group with the ilvl around their own. And then people, like OP in this thread, makes a thread and bitch about it, because they can't get into the high ilvl carry groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just give us an option to inspect the leader/person/members who creates the wild requirements in groupfinder.
    Yes I've joined some groups requiring high ilvl and achievements, just to find a "friend" in his group who recently dinged 110. Sure, their group, their rules, but i'd rather save the time finding another group than having to leave as soon as we get to the entrance and notice.
    Jugg Death's Demise - Impetus Norvegicus - Kazzak EU

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea of Karazhan coming back. Back then in TBC Kara was one of my favorite Raids. I did a weekly run on my server, even when I was already fully SWP equipped. I liked it that much. And since I was spamming the same macro from day 1 on when I was looking for randoms I built quite the reputation for only having minimum expectations regarding gear and no expectations regarding experience. Of course there was no visible gearscore that days (sans an addon some people had) but you´d still read the obligatory "gear check shat mid".
    I am pretty sure, that this set the foundation for my love of explaining bosses and making calls during raids.

Now with Karazhan returning, I look forward to go there with a group of friends. Tho I heavily outgear them (being at 878 while they are between 840 and 850) I will enjoy every godamn wipe there. If I was to go with my guild I know we would just steamroll it in under 90 Minutes, which I wouldn´t find very enjoyable.

Just felt like I had to add this.

OT: People, who create the group are entitled to set whatever requirements they deem fit. Just as you are entitled to ask if you may join the group although you don´t fulfill said requirements or not join the group although you fulfill said requirements. There is nothing funny or arrogant about either. You may have the opinion that certain requirements are too harsh but by voicing that opinion there is not a single person profitting from that. Instead by creating agroup with lower requirements you could solve the problem you have not only for you but for 4 other people with your level of gear.
    Abd if you just wanted to share your curiosity, what requirements will be made on day 1 or week 2 you must be simple minded since you can obviously deduce that rather easily. It feels like you just came here to whine - even before something happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Did I say that I need better gear? Did I whine about it? Please quote.
    lol .. I thought the same thing when I read his reply to you. People sure do like to try to read things into posts that are not there. I knew exactly what you intended. God forbid people play the game in the way they enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    So it's a boost group for the mage, I see.
    lol no. He's well itemized, fully chanted yadda yadda, just didn't catch "titanforged" this or that. He pulls good dps regardless. and knows his class. aka we'll have sheep

the mage is going because he's good. the joint drops 855 gear? 845-850 is the target group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Make your own group.

Close this thread.
    Why would a tank or healer join you group when they can get 3 870+ dps in 12 seconds? Don't know why people keep parroting like it is a solution to anything.