Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    They just did it to Obama (despite Scalia himself being very clear on the subject that in these circumstances the justice should still be replaced immediately), people were dreaming if they thought the right wing nutjobs would suddenly start doing what's in the best interested of US citizens after the election.
    I just figured they wouldn't be able to make the excuse that it should be left to the next president if the president was just elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Basically the matra of the GOP over the past 8 years and apparently continuing on moving forward is, "If we don't get our way we'll throw a temper tantrum and prevent anything from getting done!"

Stellar leadership there.
    Ya that shit should be illegal as fuck. GOP wants to kill there group they are going about it the right way.

Hope there asses gets voted out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I distinctly remember one of the major talking points coming down from the DNC to their flunkies being that Bernie Sanders "wouldn't get anything done" with the Republicans.

Seems Hillary is going to be so much better, huh.

Thank you McCain for campaigning for Hillary and the democrats. It's appreciated.

Crooked Hillary would be impeached before she nominated anyone. Thankfully she won't be elected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    It is if the GOP gets their way.

Of course it works out for them, they can slip their backwards social agendas in at the state levels where they still have control and in that way continue to harm as many US citizens as possible.

So yeah, win / win for the right wingers.
    Not sure how they're harming any people, care to provide some proof?

10+ Year Old Account
    They wont be able to stall for 8 years. They can try. But they wont. By month 3 of Clintons presidency, the new justice will be confirmed.

This is just election season talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    They wont be able to stall for 8 years. They can try. But they wont. By month 3 of Clintons presidency, the new justice will be confirmed.

This is just election season talk.
    It just seems more damaging to the GOP than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Crooked Hillary would be impeached before she nominated anyone. Thankfully she won't be elected.
    One day I'll find out how to get into this fantasy world Trump supporters all seem to inhabit. One day.

Deleted
    They wont be able to stall for 8 years.
    Really? So Gitmo has been closed already, then? No, it hasn't, has it. I mean, Obama has been trying, for eight years.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Its both cute and sad you think this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    At this point, I almost hope that they do delay it 2 more years, and then lose Congress, and watch as the Democrats push through a suite of highly-liberal judges, rather than the moderates they could've had if they'd played ball.
    Just remember that this "obstructionism" has led to large majorities in both of the previous midterm elections (and before Espe cries gerrymandering, this was in the overall popular vote). This kind of stuff is red meat to the conservative base and it would take a reversal of the last few midterm results to see the Democrats win.

Quote Originally Posted by Netscape View Post
    If the Clinton nominee is legitimately garbage and won't respect the Bill of Rights in their entirety, then good. If they're doing it for the sake of being obstructionist, then forget them.
    well seeing its still pre election and he's already saying no, its simple obstructionism. I mean all he needed to say on the matter is something like "any clinton scotus nominee would be highly scrutinized"

but I thought it was just because of that unwritten law, that they have never cared about before, that the president is in his last year.
    Is the new even less written law, that the president isnt allowed to even suggest candidates, when she has just 4 years left?

God I hope the democrats at least gets half a congress back. This whole "president without a parlament" is just a recipie for desaster.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Really? So Gitmo has been closed already, then? No, it hasn't, has it. I mean, Obama has been trying, for eight years.
    Hilldog voted to keep it open. /shrug
    I think its funny Bernie did too. LoL.

But its hard to close gitmo during a war. We need a place like that for obvious reasons.

But all of this isn't even comparable. The republicans and dems can stall for a thousand years on policy if they want. But, Their duties as congress? Not so much. They will have to confirm sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    Not sure how they're harming any people, care to provide some proof?
    -governing Flint like a business, and various other environmental roll backs that have lead to various issues like NC coal lash spill in the river or FL climate change denial.
    -the continued gutting of schools when ever their trickled down economics doesn't pay the bills - WI and KA are big offenders of this.
    -dissolving of worker rights
    -refusing to expand Medicaid aid

Hmmm...haven't democrats done the same thing in the past?

appears so.

Deleted
    But, Their duties as congress? Not so much. They will have to confirm sooner than later.
    So... The duty of the Congress in confirming a Supreme Court justice is just to act as a rubber stamp, and not actually have a say, at all? Because that's what you're suggesting right now. You're saying that the Congress has to confirm the justice the PotUS appoints, period. That basically makes them completely useless.

The only other option is that they have the duty of not confirming an appointee if that's what they feel they should do, and you can't slap a time restraint on that, because that would again make the Congress pointless in this regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    -governing Flint like a business, and various other environmental roll backs that have lead to various issues like NC coal lash spill in the river or FL climate change denial.
    -the continued gutting of schools when ever their trickled down economics doesn't pay the bills - WI and KA are big offenders of this.
    -dissolving of worker rights
    -refusing to expand Medicaid aid
    I have no idea what flint or what that stuff is, so...

They're not harming people by cutting in schools.

How are they dissolving worker rights?

Why should they expand it?

If people can't afford an education or healthcare then that's a position they've put themselves in. That's them hurting themselves, not GOP hurting them.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Hmmm...haven't democrats done the same thing in the past?

appears so.
    Holy shit is this 2007 and not 2016, fuck my computer calendar must be off.