[Mythic] Tips on Nythendra tanking

So we've been wiping on Nythendra Mythic last night and the biggest we had is that at some point one tank is CM and at the same time the other has to go and explode. So we where abble to minimise the impact by having one tank die and reset it's DoT but still at some point one is CM and the other has to explode. How do you manage this? And yea can you get less than 2 stack when you go explode? Even when runing non stop on my horse when it explode I will never have less than 2 stacks...

As a Warrior if you time HC Leap back just right you can get away with just 1 stack 50% of the time. Just dont time it wrong or you bring the whole thing back with you o.O - we were also struggling with the MC. Found setting up a dedicated round to clear a tank + 2-3 dps (first round back after heart, provided people can dodge the floor so have low stacks, use round 3 to clear most the raid) on the half way point to Volitile Drop worked well, if your dps are on the ball, the tank is out and taunting before the volitile drops. The other tank we just let die and CR'ed

Tanks need to time their MCs to even casts of Infected Mind (the ones that come just before Heart of the Swarm), that way you'll have no problems with handling Volatile Rot and MC at the same time. This means tanks need to be fairly careful about avoiding extra stacks of Rot, though. Volatile Rot gives 1-4 stacks you can't avoid (usually 3) so more than 3 "extra" from any other source usually means a messed up tank MC rotation.

Having a druid taunt the boss with guardian affinity is also a possibility. Same can be done with a warrior and die by the sword and a pala bubbletaunting, I would assume.

That said, with proper planning you shouldn't even need that to happen. Intentionally getting stacks in order to be mind controlled is the name of the game.

Forcing the MC on every 2nd Infected Mind worked for my guild last night, just need to be careful not to pick up too many stacks during the Heart of the Swarm phase if you're not due to force for another few casts.

If all else fails, you can just run away and warn the raid not to follow the boss, which will chase you. The rest of the raid are busy dealing with the MCed people anyway, so it shouldn't matter that the boss is running away. You can fix the boss position after you've exploded.

15+ Year Old Account
    We solved this by raid focusing the MCed tank and telling the raid not to follow the boss when non MCed tank must run away. Works rather fine as our dps are good at nuking their own raid buddies XD

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Tanks need to time their MCs to even casts of Infected Mind (the ones that come just before Heart of the Swarm), that way you'll have no problems with handling Volatile Rot and MC at the same time. This means tanks need to be fairly careful about avoiding extra stacks of Rot, though. Volatile Rot gives 1-4 stacks you can't avoid (usually 3) so more than 3 "extra" from any other source usually means a messed up tank MC rotation.
    In my experience on it, it was 1 stack and the odd time 2 if the pool exploded under your feet. I believe part of the cause of that was your proximity to the wall but I haven't fully figured that out.

we've tried some test pulls of this and I've been wondering:
    What are the chances you basically eat the damage of the tank exploding and having healer cooldowns there at that point? This way you keep Nythendra in place so dps doesn't lose uptime on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    we've tried some test pulls of this and I've been wondering:
    What are the chances you basically eat the damage of the tank exploding and having healer cooldowns there at that point? This way you keep Nythendra in place so dps doesn't lose uptime on the boss.
    The boss shouldn't ever be moving so that shouldn't be a concern really. If you are really having that much of an issue, I would argue 3 tanks over that explosion to the raid.

Deleted
    Force one tank MC before every heart of the swarm except the first (breaths 4-6), dont be bad and get stacks on the interphase, profit. Not a hard boss at all for tanks (or anybody).

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    The boss shouldn't ever be moving so that shouldn't be a concern really. If you are really having that much of an issue, I would argue 3 tanks over that explosion to the raid.
    Most of the suggestions I'm seeing in this thread at the moment would tend to make a tank run away causing the boss to move.

What I was wondering is whether or not to simply have Tank B just stand there and take the inevitable rot explosion right there at her feet while Tank A is getting knocked out of MC. Offset the insane damage with healer cooldowns at that point, and carry on?

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Most of the suggestions I'm seeing in this thread at the moment would tend to make a tank run away causing the boss to move.

What I was wondering is whether or not to simply have Tank B just stand there and take the inevitable rot explosion right there at her feet while Tank A is getting knocked out of MC. Offset the insane damage with healer cooldowns at that point, and carry on?
    point blank explosion will just os most your raid. Even the inevitable damage from that close will be fatal.

You have to intentionally have one tank get MC'd on the 2nd, 4th, and 6th MC's. These are safe to have a tank get controlled and broken out. This means that the tank getting MC'd on the 4th needs to be smart about not taking any extra stacks. I am usually the one that gets the 4th MC, so what I do as a warrior is I run out, and as soon as volatile rot hits me I leap back to the boss. I am able to always only get 1 stack using this method.

We had one of the druids take guardian affinity and taunt the boss. Another time we had a pally bubble taunt.

Deleted
    No need to get all complicated. Nythendra has no tailswipe so it is perfectly fine for the non-MCed tank bring the boss along as he/she lays Violet Rot. If a tank get MCed it is good to call this out in advance so DPS can focus him/her down. When bringing Nyth back you can just do a simple taunt swap.