Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderweis View Post
    But what if I dont want the upgrade? Like say it's 5ilvl higher and have the wrong stats. Blizzard is then forcing me to sell it to vendor/disenchant? That even doesnt make sense. Why not give it to a friend which have made an effort for gear (which probably didnt get any and wants the item). What's wrong with that?
    It dosn't matter what you want, this system is in place so people can't bully you. Say you get a 895 ilvl leg piece that is BiS for you, but also BiS for your random pug in the group? He's sole mission is now to harass you into giving it to him and if you don't, you get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    You can only trade what isnt an ilvl upgrade to what you already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    There is a very simple rule behind this:
    - The ilvl of your currently equiped item in that particular slot is lower than the one that just dropped.

I did a Mythic a couple of days ago with guildies, default Personal Loot, and my guildy got an item that was an ilvl downgrade for him and he couldn't trade it.

We were able to trade other items within the same run, though. It was the leather set gloves from CoS. A GM said sets count as "big upgrades" too, like ilvl. That didn't explain why we were able to trade the feet of the very same set prior to that, though.

The loot system is still a tad buggy, and it isn't always ilvl.

I have to agree with Wonderweis here. The systems seems illogic, non-transparent, if not even flawed. If the rule is based on ilvl, there should be some indicator to notify the player why he can't trade it.

Zmago, i can't help but think your logic is flawed. Sure, you've figured it out, but to imply greed as the reason for this post is weird. Keeping an extra set of gear in your bag, just to be able to trade stuff to your mates is just waste of space. How can you not think this suggestion would benefit most groups? I'd love to hear an explanation/elaboration of differing opinions.

I really wish Blizz would decide to either allow all trades within the group, or disable it completely. I hope for the former, as it gives me more of a reason to pull my guildies through lower mythics. The kindness from randoms is also astonishing, and something I really appreciate. The sense of community has somehow returned with Legion, much of that credited to people giving away items they don't need.

Well I'm sure there's aways the possibilities of something glitching out, but as a general rule, the idea is that you can't trade something better than your current item.

The thing you have to conider is that by making personal loot tradeable in raids, if they didnt put some sort of caviat on that, it would have meant that guilds could very easily funnel all gear in to the select few, and I think this is what they wanted to avoid. Means you cant just take a bunch of fresh dings in to an instance and have them give you all the shinies, so the logic is there.

It's a shame, I agree, in a dungeon setting - especially if you want to be generous, but i think they had to draw the line somewhere. If you really want to be able to trade, just set the loot to need>greed. Then there shouldn't be any restrictons as far as Im aware?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    The thing you have to conider is that by making personal loot tradeable in raids, if they didnt put some sort of caviat on that, it would have meant that guilds could very easily funnel all gear in to the select few, and I think this is what they wanted to avoid. Means you cant just take a bunch of fresh dings in to an instance and have them give you all the shinies, so the logic is there.
    It was even easier to do that in pretty much all previous expansion: If you had a freshly dinged player in the guild, you could pull them through any raid and give them anything that dropped. In Legion you have the most significant gating to gearing an alt: Artifact power. Even as a fresh ding with full gear, you're missing out on a lot by having basically no AP spent on your weapon.

I haven't tested out different loot options. I like the personal loot system, except not being able to trade stuff of higher ilvl than what you have. Might switch to group roll/need>greed. Only worry then is that a group with only plate and cloth users will end up with mail or leather loot. How the system stands now, it is beneficial in mythics to have as few different armor types as possible if you want to boost someone and trade stuff. Does anyone know if you have anything other than personal loot, does the system actually give your group loot that can't be used by anyone?