Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Yes it does actually, because they're exporting Jihad by allowing them to come back once they've joined ISIS. What does ISIS do? They commit acts of terror. Put 2 and 2 together. It's not hard. Sweden now has 140 more known terrorists living in its borders. If you defend that you're a fool.
    I'm sorry I will try asking the question again since it seems the original phasing was too difficult to understand. Has Sweden ever suffered at the hands of ISIS?

Deleted
    There's already been people convicted on crimes commited in service of ISIS in Iraq / Syria. People tend to leave out that bit.
    They got life sentence (Link in Swedish)

But we have a leftist government and the sitting parties are Socialdemocrats and the green party (naive hippie party with little to no attachment in the real world) so they have a different world view compared to most people.

It's almost like they are trying their best to help the nationalistic Swedish democracts get extra votes in the coming election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm sorry I will try asking the question again since it seems the original phasing was too difficult to understand. Has Sweden ever suffered at the hands of ISIS?
    No. Please make your point. I'm looking forward to how you justify letting people linked to a terrorist organization walk freely around a western country.

Oh.. this is hilariously sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    No. Please make your point. I'm looking forward to how you justify letting people linked to a terrorist organization walk freely around a western country.
    Well you let members of the US military walk around freely in a western country, how do you justify that?

Deleted
    Well you let members of the US military walk around freely in a western country, how do you justify that?
    Are they terrorists? No? Then why bring them up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    Are they terrorists? No? Then why bring them up?
    Because they are terrorists to the countries they invade.

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Its just we have an us vs them mentality where we gloss over anything bad we do and emphasize the bad they do.

The US and Sweden are allies, Sweden and IS are not?
    Not sure what you're getting at. Also good old Uncle Sam isn't a terrorist organisation while IS is. You're starting to look like a fool here...

Deleted
    Because they are terrorists to the countries they invade.
    You're gonna have to explain your line of thinking here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 140 Swedes have so far returned after having joined the violent groups in Syria and Iraq. Now preparing several municipalities to work with those who want to jump off. It could include whether to offer practical support to defectors.
    i feel like the op just made this thread title as clickbait as the very first paragraph CLEARLY STATES DEFECTORS. you know the kind of people you want to provide a way out for. people defecting from isis.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Also good old Uncle Sam isn't a terrorist organisation while IS is.
    You mean to add in your opinion to the beginning there.

Ok, i'll bite. Terrorism is for causing terror, terror in this case is generally meant to be fear of the unknown which interrupts or makes more difficult one's daily routine. U.S. military members do not, as a rule, kill Europeans. Further, their violence is well telegraphed beforehand and, more importantly, part of the system in which most people operate, and therefore not surprising or, indeed, terrifying to the people of Sweden or Europe more generally. To put this more succinctly: Both groups kill people, they do not kill the same people using the same methods. Your analogy is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why exactly should murderous terrorists be given a full pardon, and allowed to live as if they did nothing wrong?
    you don't get to pick your defectors. defection in the enemy ranks should be encouraged.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i feel like the op just made this thread title as clickbait as the very first paragraph CLEARLY STATES DEFECTORS. you know the kind of people you want to provide a way out for. people defecting from isis.
    Them defecting somehow undos their deeds prior to defecting? Saying they've defected means they won't commit terrorism in the country or any sort of crime in the country?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Is this not the case of every Yourop country?
    As far as I am aware, Austria actually locks them up if they come back and fought for ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by zebreck View Post
    Ok, i'll bite. Terrorism is for causing terror, terror in this case is generally meant to be fear of the unknown which interrupts or makes more difficult one's daily routine. U.S. military members do not, as a rule, kill Europeans. Further, their violence is well telegraphed beforehand and, more importantly, part of the system in which most people operate, and therefore not surprising or, indeed, terrifying to the people of Sweden or Europe more generally. To put this more succinctly: Both groups kill people, they do not kill the same people using the same methods. Your analogy is invalid.
    You wouldn't feel terror if an army invaded you? and you are right they don't kill people in the same manner, the US has killed far more civilians on foreign soil.

Why are we moving the goalposts here? You're talking about U.S. military personnel in Sweden, an ally of the U.S., whom we have not, to my memory, ever invaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make your point or I'm done. US soldiers are not terrorists. They don't go around blowing up civilians intentionally to cause fear. You're just nation bashing. ISIS has actually attacked Canada though. So stop being a terror apologist hypocrite.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-10-18 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, why try and help those who want to defect from ISIS? After all, they've pretty much given up their humanity, right? They should just be executed like the animals they are. They execute people. An eye for an eye, am I right MMO-Champion?

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    meanwhile swedish flags get's banned at elementary schools because they could be considered offensive.
    Oh, please. Will you stop touting that bullshit? How many schools has that actually happened in, 3 maybe? Some super PG principal goes overboard and all of a sudden Sweden is on fire.

Jesus, the amount of crap you hear about Sweden from people who don't actually live here is beyond silly.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Yes, why try and help those who want to defect from ISIS? After all, they've pretty much given up their humanity, right? They should just be executed like the animals they are. They execute people. An eye for an eye, am I right MMO-Champion?

/s
    They should be tried for war crimes and if found guilty, spend the rest of their lives in prison. Not receive help from the swedish state and society.