Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It will be at msrp i guarantee it, the question is which is the better bargain the 1050 at 109.00 or the 1050ti at 139.00, should be close price/performance wise.

Would it be worth waiting until Black Friday?

Someone said a PC for WoW is $800-900 and I also need a monitor keyboard mouse etc. and can save more $$$ by the time Black Friday comes.

My coworker said wait until Black Friday.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagei View Post
    Would it be worth waiting until Black Friday?

Someone said a PC for WoW is $800-900 and I also need a monitor keyboard mouse etc. and can save more $$$ by the time Black Friday comes.

My coworker said wait until Black Friday.
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are now garbage events for people who don't know any better in most cases. You can put together a solid (i3) Warcraft tower for $500 and get a decent monitor for $100 + peripherals now and you won't regret it.

The guy who said you need a $800 - $900 tower for Warcraft should never be asked for advice ever again unless you were talking to a Canadian who forgot to convert funnymoney to freedombucks and even then it's still high.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-10-21 at 10:41 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Rarely are there great deals on PC parts on black friday, ive only seen SSD's really. Just build when you got the money, there are always some parts on sales.

Hi, I'm back and wondering if the part came out yet? Or will it come out At midnight?

Not sure what time, but it will be out sometime on the 25th

Here is build minus the video card that id do today:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($120.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($49.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($35.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Sandisk Z400s 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($43.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill Galaxy-03 ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($32.99 @ Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter ($11.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $380.88
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-24 21:40 EDT-0400
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-10-25 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

Storage: Sandisk Z400s 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($43.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($32.99 @ Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter ($11.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $380.88
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-24 21:40 EDT-0400
    Okay, can I ask a question about the SSD? Can you explain what it does and if I really need it? Someone mentioned switching it out and I'm wondering if I can for a keyboard and mouse? I have an extra monitor at home that I can use temporarily but not a keyboard or mouse and don't really have extra $$$ to spend this week.

- - - Updated - - -

And also can that PC connect to a monitor with HDMI? I have a better monitor at home but it's HDMI only.
    Last edited by Jagei; 2016-10-25 at 01:56 AM.

Okay, can I ask a question about the SSD? Can you explain what it does and if I really need it? Someone mentioned switching it out and I'm wondering if I can for a keyboard and mouse? I have an extra monitor at home that I can use temporarily but not a keyboard or mouse.
    You could drop the SSD if you wanted, they are just nice to have for fast restarts/game load screens/snappier operation doing normal tasks. That said they arent mandatory by any means.

If you need a new keyboard/mouse i would do that before adding a SSD, here is a really good budget keyboard/mouse combo:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

The video card is what determines what connections you can use, that said a 1050 or 1050ti will surely have HDMI output yes.

Okay, so i can order this now so it can start shipping and then just order the card when it comes out?

Okay, so i can order this now so it can start shipping and then just order the card when it comes out?
    I would wait til the video card comes out so you can do it all in one order, more chance the parts will all arrive at one time.

You could drop the SSD if you wanted, they are just nice to have for fast restarts/game load screens/snappier operation doing normal tasks. That said they arent mandatory by any means.

If you need a new keyboard/mouse i would do that before adding a SSD, here is a really good budget keyboard/mouse combo:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

The video card is what determines what connections you can use, that said a 1050 or 1050ti will surely have HDMI output yes.
    I would definitely go for an SSD. Once you have one, it's extremely hard going back to mechanical. Also, about the Mouse and Keyboard combo you linked.. I purchased that same one except in blue, and the mouse started squeaking around 1 month in. I'm talking horrible squeaking, if you can do a little handy work it'll go away easily.

I would wait til the video card comes out so you can do it all in one order, more chance the parts will all arrive at one time.
    Okay, I'll be back tomorrow night!

I3? Yuck.. might as well tell him to get an AMD.

To each their own on that one, if he has a terrible quality mouse/keyboard now id take that all day over an SSD. Windows 10 starts up quite fast even with a HDD (and the HDD included in the build is a very high quality 7200 rpm drive with 64mb of cache) negating a lot of the traditional benefits of SSD's.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I'll be back tomorrow night!
    Sounds good man, should be plenty of 1050's available tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I3? Yuck.. might as well tell him to get an AMD.
    Nothing wrong with an i3 for gaming, especially the game he is building this PC for (an i3 will play WoW better than AMD's most expensive chip).

- - - Updated - - -

So good news, as expected the gtx 1050 (non ti) is the much better value so that free's up room in your budget for better components.

With that, here is an updated build for you:

Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra M 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter ($17.12 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master Devastator II Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Other: Gtx 1050 ($109.99)
    Total: $499.00
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-25 10:46 EDT-0400

No ssd but included the mouse/keyboard bundle as well as an upgraded PSU and network card. Buying a 120gb ssd does not make a lot of sense the more i thought about it, if you want one down the road get a 240gb at minimum.

If im not awake later and this 1050 is out of stock (only one listed on newegg atm) just do a general search on newegg for gtx 1050 and pick the cheapest one you can find, they are all similar. Do not buy a 1050ti they are only slightly faster and are not worth the extra 30 dollars.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-412-_-Product
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-10-25 at 02:46 PM.

So I can order right now?

So I can order right now?
    Ya man add all that to cart before the 1050 goes out of stock lol. I cant remember if you have premier or not, but the price should be less than 499 if you do.

Dont forget promo code on the ram, extra 5 bucks off.

How do i check out with the NewEgg card? It doesn't give me an option to.

How do i check out with the NewEgg card? It doesn't give me an option to.
    It should be after you input your address "continue to billing" and one of the options should be "Newegg store credit card".

I'm on mobile, I'll switch to desktop view.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so they didn't give me the option to pay the remainder with my debit card. It came out to $515. So it will be declined I'm assuming?