Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never found Rift pretty personally but ofc just my opinion.

I wonder if it isn't his PC. I seem to remember it looking better than those screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I wonder if it isn't his PC. I seem to remember it looking better than those screenshots.
    Tbf it can look as good or bad as it wants. It's content at launch that matters. And considering there is an RNGfest like Legion the answer is hell no for me.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "One does not simply walk into Mordor, eh Ashenfell"

After all that heat and dust, nothing like a cool, refreshing shower.

Seems a tree didn't want to share the water with me.

Lava looks trash, 6th one is just awful and again half of those screenshots are massive eyesores. Fire area looks really awful. If you are gonna try and make it look pretty at least put some effort into the screenshots.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you first arrive on the Comet and take a look outside

Keeping an eye on the big, bad, Ahnket

The baddies base, Tower of Ahnket

Ya not really impressed with the screen shots personally.

They look like Guild Wars 2 on super low settings at best, More so the ones right above this post.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya not really impressed with the screen shots personally.

They look like Guild Wars 2 on super low settings at best, More so the ones right above this post.
    Even GW2 looks better tbh. And admittedly that game has some eyesores as well even with those FX things you can enable for it. Mountains in Gw2 are especially one thing from long distance imo especially the lava areas.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 06:17 PM.

um, I think it looks pretty good, but thats just me I guess

Visuals don't make the game though.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    um, I think it looks pretty good, but thats just me I guess

Visuals don't make the game though.
    Correct the game itself does and well Rift isn't exactly doing well in that department either. Especially since Trion are about filling their pockets over making sure the actual game is working come patch day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed vanilla/ storm legion but nightmare tide was just painful to play due to all the rl money costs >.< I'll check this out when it's released and see if it's any better..though if not i don't think i will give it any more chances

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I enjoyed vanilla/ storm legion but nightmare tide was just painful to play due to all the rl money costs >.< I'll check this out when it's released and see if it's any better..though if not i don't think i will give it any more chances
    Best part was the people who said you can grind them in game. Yeah you can obnoxiously. When you make an obnoxious grind or a cash option of course you will pick the cash option especially for something that should not even be gated like equipment slots. Also raid gear on the store for around £200 is just as pathetic along with gating convenience perks such as being able to queue for specific dungeons/warfronts behind the sub only paywall. Honestly I doubt SFP is gonna help the game especially being B2P and it will end up either being the final nail in the coffin or going back to the F2P model. Also agree the days of Vanilla and Storm Legion were arguably the best in Rift.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-23 at 08:54 PM.

Looks more complete then Nightmare Tide did on release for sure. Checked it out and I actually like it. Not a big fan of that zone that looks like Droughtlands though as that was never my favorite one in vanilla.

Not sure if anyone headed north and saw Tenebron Heights or whatever it is called that zone in the very north.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Looks more complete then Nightmare Tide did on release for sure. Checked it out and I actually like it. Not a big fan of that zone that looks like Droughtlands though as that was never my favorite one in vanilla.

Not sure if anyone headed north and saw Tenebron Heights or whatever it is called that zone in the very north.
    That I agree on. Definitely more complete than Nightmare Tide but like I said content at launch matters which Trion desperately need to get right this time. Especially after Nightmare Tide.

I had a quick look at the Beta last night, my first impressions were that it, at least on the surface, seems to be far more complete than NT was but on the other hand it has some glaring issues which I just can't ignore.

It looks as though most of the Legendary skills were placeholders. At least the Mage ones seemed to be, they had a very incomplete look about them. One of them for the Choro even had a proc which made Ruin, a spell which is already instant, an instant cast. One or two seemed okay, but in general they just seemed as though they were more convenience things rather than anything, well... Legendary.

Also saw lots of complaints about Planar Fragments too, which seemed to be totally randomised rather than drawn from a class suitable pool like Dream Orbs are. At the moment, it seems like a highly RNG method of getting the gear you want. It also looks as though it could get extremely grindy later on if you're looking to get Purple and Orange ones with the right stats. Costing Plat to imbue them seems like a really, really stupid way of adding a plat sink, especially since it'll be mandatory. Whats even worse is that you can't see all the stats on them until they've been upgraded to a certain point, meaning you might even have to dump plat on them just to find out if it's an upgrade! I do not like this system, not one bit.

I'm going to give it another try in a couple of weeks, see if they fix some of the problems, but at the moment it's looking very much like I'll be giving SFP a miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Nvidia for releasing so called "WHQL" drivers version 375.57 that not alone had issues with Windows 10 but also a lot of issues with plenty of games

They removed these piss poor drivers already and replaced then with version 375.63 WHQL so let's see how the screen shots look under these.

Nope still looks terrible.

I dig a lot of the screens. Some aspects of the games art style are clearly not aging very well, but I still dig it overall. One thing that the game has never hurt for in my opinion is some decent artwork. It's not everyone's style, but hot damn if much of it doesn't tickle something in the back of my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I dig a lot of the screens. Some aspects of the games art style are clearly not aging very well, but I still dig it overall. One thing that the game has never hurt for in my opinion is some decent artwork. It's not everyone's style, but hot damn if much of it doesn't tickle something in the back of my brain.
    Eh fair play everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course. My opinion of Rift is that it has aged poorly graphics wise and looks like an eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh fair play everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course. My opinion of Rift is that it has aged poorly graphics wise and looks like an eyesore.
    I think the backgrounds look good, and have always looked rather well. Their art design, though, is something I never thought looked good. Armor models, weapon models, character models, creature models. They have always looked like crap. While I loved Rift, I have never liked their art design choices.

Lots of empty space to make zones bigger then what they actually are

I guess they have to try and make it seem like there is a lot with only 2 dungeons
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.